Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Yoyoguy678's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yoyoguy678

-First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I played Wow since mid-Burning Crusade, (God, I miss those days) and was huge into PVP. I played Battlegrounds almost all day and loved every minute of it. Overall I was able to gather 60,000 lifetime kills, but never became one of the best players since no one really wanted to do Arena with a hunter. I tried to get into PVE, but by the time I made it to level 80 and got into PVE Gearscore had already ruined it for me. I couldn’t get into Naxrammas to get the gear I needed and no one would accept me into the higher end raids.
I was interested in roleplaying in WoW, but never got into it. It was later on when I started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic when I began roleplaying with my friends.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from North America and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into WoW at the age of 13 when I got my first laptop. It was my first MMO and I was immediately sucked into the game and loved every minute of it. I didn’t care about the mechanics, the world, the lore, all of that just drew me in. I played a Forsaken Mage for a while and then switched over to a Blood Elf hunter and kept him as my main for the next two years. I quit several months before Cataclysm came out, and I’m not ashamed to say – I’m glad I didn’t go back.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I started searching for a game that has better roleplay after getting fed up with The Old Republic’s limited roleplay. The server that my friends were on had quite mediocre roleplay and was limited to the cantinas and around three guilds. I came across the website after simply searching for “WoW RP private server.”

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy any type of roleplay. Though my roleplay experience itself is somewhat limited, my friends had been roleplaying for nine years and taught me the ropes before I could make any significant mistakes.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For general gameplay I would choose Hunter over any other class. The Hunter class itself is very hard to grasp and one mistake can mean death. For roleplay I would probably pick Forsaken or Blood Elf. As far as class goes I would pick one of the generally dark classes, such as Rogue or Warlock, as I have an easier time roleplaying evil or neutral characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have to say I am very impressed by how far you go to keep the server pure roleplay. Though, I am a bit worried about the low population, I’m sure that all the great roleplayers are active and being able to roleplay anywhere I am will be a fantastic experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As stated above, I love how in depth the roleplay system in general is and how far you go to make the server a great roleplay experience.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Kayden sat slumped in the chair. his eyes were glued to the fireplace while he was lost in thought. He could feel his nervousness in his stomach almost torturing him, every minute growing more intense. The tavern was quiet. Only a few other people were sitting at the bar and most of them were either asleep or drunk. There was some music playing, and even people whispering about him, but Kayden was completely zoned out. Suddenly the door to the tavern swung open, hitting the side of the wall in the process. A tall man dressed in grey fur with a leather chest plate stepped through the door. He felt like his stomach turned inside out. “It’s time.” The man said, giving him a grave look. Kayden nodded to him and quickly made his way outside into the cold. They both ran down the beaten gravel path without saying a word. They both knew what was about to happen. They were supposed to meet the others at the lamp post by the stables. Turning the corner his eyes widened with fear – they weren’t there. His companions weren’t the type to be late to a meeting, not of this importance. Something had happened. “Where are they!?” He shouted in disbelief. “No matter, we have to-“Suddenly an arrow came out of the darkness and landed deep in his chest. Kayden quickly drew his sword and ran to cover from the arrows. Several figures shot out of the woods, swords drawn staring at him. In the darkness he couldn’t make out their face, but he felt that they weren’t human. He lunged at them and plundged his sword into one of the creature’s chest. One of the others instantly retaliated and struck at him, he quickly blocked the attack and was able to knock it to the ground. The next few minutes seemed like hours, the creatures began pouring out of the surrounding woods and pillaging the town. Suddenly the ones around him backed up and lowered their guard. A hulking figure with a mace slowly made his way to where Kayden was. He could feel his stomach churn and he tightened his grip on his sword. The figure swung at Kayden and he quickly ducked to avoid the blow. He struck the figure several times in the chest to no avail. He quickly avoided the next strike by running under the figures arms and prepared to make a counter attack. As he turned around he saw the ball of the mace coming straight for his head. He tasted blood for a moment, and then it was silent.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not that I can think of.
Hello yoyoguy678! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin