Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Charlotte's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm not too great at roleplaying, but I've been doing so for 7 years on various games, ranging from D&D to this and then some. I despise PVP and prefer to do any form of combat in emotes, but either way, I still try to avoid any such conflict. Usually I play peasant-like characters, because roleplay servers seem to... Lack peasants.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Canada, and my first language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
God knows how long, but it was about three months after WoW opened up. I just kind of heard about it, and started.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): I googled "World of warcraft roleplay private server" because my usual servers are getting very inactive.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Low conflict, high politics, merchants, just typical stuff like that.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well... Mechanic-wise, I don't really like any.
But I'd have to say Draenei and mages or warriors.
Draenei because of their lore, and mages or warriors because... I'm not sure why. Warriors are a default peasanty class, to me, and mages, because I sometimes play enchanter type characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Lots of players, and constant RP is all I need and expect.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Godmoding, metagaming, and powergaming. Good god, I can't stress that enough. It's a problem EVERYWHERE.

And Humility. I've met so much players who act like a hotshot demigod ICly AND OOCly (It's fine if their character just has an ego problem). Good to see a server with an actual rule against this behavior.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

You want a story?
Just a moment while I fish up Jill's backstory.

Jill was raised in a kind loving home - her mother tended to her and her brother Theo, while her father was a Sergeant in the town guard. Jill and her brother were as different as they came. Jill was smart and introspective and Theo was slow but strong. As children, Theo would often protect Jill from the neighborhood kids as her mouth would get her into trouble quickly. Her wit - and alienation to the other children left her to find and enjoy the company of adults. A family friend - a merchant with whom her father had worked for in his younger days found use for her as a book-keeper for him. The work came at a good time as her father would soon be injured during a land grab from a neighboring tribe of Gnolls who had attempted to encroach further into Human territory. But the money wasn't enough and she found that some of the secondary knowledge she learned in the merchants employ could be useful- trade routes, who is going where, and what they are carrying could be valuable to the right people and she began to sell this information to a local organization of thieves.

What she didn't know was that one of the caravans she sold out - her father had begged employ with as a wagon driver. No longer a guard, but with a strong sense of justice he attempted to defend the wagon and was killed in the process.

It unnerved and hurt Jill when she first found out about her involvement with her own father’s death and she vowed to stop selling the information. The local thieves however did not see it the same way and swore they would blackmail her if she did not continue to give them info. Fearing the worse, Jill fled. She secured herself a job with a traveling wizard as his "student" through tears and begging. The wizard was not really very good at what he did but made his money making minor magical trinkets for sale and Jill over a couple of years found herself able to match the wizard in knowledge and even often surpass him with her quick wit. The wizard, who had been unarmed by her from the first day they met could see her growing in skill but she also seemed always got the most money from their goods. This need for money came not for her own personal gain but to cover payment she would send to her mother in an attempt to make good the damage she did.

Again money would be her undoing, and after her master declined to make a foul item to a local lord, she behind his back agreed to the job. The lord hell bent on power eagerly used the ring and while it worked, it also sapped his life away in the process causing a ghastly appearance. The townsfolk, fearful of magic to begin with claimed the wizard a necromancer and assassin and lynched the poor wizard burning him at the stake. Jill only just managed to escape with her life but again her world in tatters. It was the next morning confused and lost that she fully found the impact of her actions. For on her finger was the fel ring she had made.
Many times she attempted to destroy or throw the corrupt ring right away and each morning again right back on her hand. A hand that began to look older than her other arm with each passing month. Worse still, Jill would find that when the ring was removed that people would fall sick, their faces looking almost… Exaggeratedly withered.

It was those morning that her arm always looked healthier.
But when she kept the ring on, her sleep would always be filled with disturbance. Apparitions of what seemed to be the man who was burned at the stake would appear in her dreams, terrorizing her, as well as appearing in various places around the room if she were to wake at night, always just barely out of view.
Jill seeking help sought out wizards both good and fel and none could help her. She turned to the clerics and men of faith and again they could not fix her.
In the Cathedral she was given refuge. A priest informed her of a spell that would remove the cursed item but it had long been lost. In the comfort of the cathedral she for the first time in ages felt calm and peace and the dreams did not come and her arm became soft and young again. She learned from the priest all she could and when the time came the holy man, knowing she could not hide within these small walls, gave her all the advice he could and sent her out to find the world. Around her neck she wears a necklace to an unremembered faith (under the guise of “Just a pretty ornament” to whoever asked about it) - some left over power protects her dreams but cannot fully cure her of them. With her failures behind her she sets forth to start a new life, but even as she left the Cathedral, unnerving thoughts began to strike.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I may cause slight problems at times if I notice... Particularly whorish whores, over-abundance of lesbians, or snowflakes, or bad spelling. Just a heads up, but it's also unlikely.
Hello EttolrahcEht! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Gosh, your name was hard to spell. Until I realized that it's just TheCharlotte backwards. :P

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin