Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello everyone.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yoyoguy678

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to everyone.

Also, I don't know if this was covered in the Wiki, but are there any raids on the server? I know the server is generally for roleplay and I'm all for that, but it would be sweet if there were groups for ICC and such.
Dungeon crawls and raiding aren't common occurrences on Conquest of the Horde. That's not to say that they don't occur; rather, they're fairly intermittent. This is due to a myriad of reasons, including:
  • Spells and abilities don't always work properly;
  • Boss mechanics aren't like they are on retail, so an encounter may not be as appealing or engaging; and
  • Hey, we likes our roleplay!

yoyoguy678

Alright, thanks! I assume the same goes for PVP outside of roleplay?
Exactly the same! In terms of roleplaying combat, most people choose to rely either on a trust system (in other words, roleplay what happens with emotes while "trusting" your opponent to be fair) or a roll-based system.
Though if you stay for long enough to be a grunt and get an 80, and you ask for PvE, no one will look down on you or anything like that. I PvE a bit here and there when there is no one on I want to RP with... rather, the groups that are RPing at that moment are not what I am looking for.
The Forge of Souls is a good PVE Instance, because from the quest you get 220 gold or something. I will PVE anytime, I got a healer and DPS.
I've been known to run a fail tank, if needed. ^_^
(02-29-2012, 05:09 AM)SunThas Wrote: [ -> ]The Forge of Souls is a good PVE Instance, because from the quest you get 220 gold or something. I will PVE anytime, I got a healer and DPS.

Thank you for informing us of this bug.

CotHWiki Wrote:Exploitation

Exploiting server bugs for personal gain (including, but not limited to, buying items that are glitched and have no buy price, then selling them to a vendor for gold) is a serious offense, and can lead up to and include banning. Please report any you may come across.

In addition, this also includes abusing the FFA PvP flag.

Furthermore, I didn't think this would need mentioning, but this also encompasses using any hack/cheat programs on the server.

In the future please report issues like this to the GM team, and -surely- do not encourage other players to exploit as well. It's against the rules.
Uhm... I don't think many people know it's a glitch... I just now found out about it through my brother.

No offence Rigley, but that accusation seemed a bit rushed. You can't report something if you don't know it's a problem, and it's not really encouraging others to exploit a bug as much as he thought he was just giving someone helpful advice.
(03-06-2012, 04:22 PM)Aadora Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm... I don't think many people know it's a glitch... I just now found out about it through my brother.

No offence Rigley, but that accusation seemed a bit rushed. You can't report something if you don't know it's a problem, and it's not really encouraging others to exploit a bug as much as he thought he was just giving someone helpful advice.

That seems better suited to a PM, and I would like to think it's common sense that you shouldn't get such a high amount of gold for a single quest when you only get 2,000 gold for having an approved profile.
It's a one time quest, and every quest I have done so far gives quite a bit of money. Yes, common sense says that isn't right. But this is a private server, and being able to go from level 1-25 in 5 minutes isn't right either. I was under the assumption that the rates for quest rewarded gold was up too.