Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xanvol's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Kretol might remember me (How's it going, anyway?). I used to play an exciting human rogue called Scheen who was all about mischief and not being competent at anything she did

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Australia, and English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Warcraft 3 via way of Starcraft. I became something of a figure in the WC3 community, however I tended to focus on the modding side of things

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I played here ages ago! And... Completely forgot all my details. Heh. Whether or not my account still actually exists is beyond my knowledge

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I would like storyline stuff, but due to being Australian and in an opposite time zone to, well, everyone, I tend to settle for casual stuff, and make characters along those lines. They're not great big heroes or anything, just characters that people can act with every day and may have a quirk or two to them

I do also prefer my roleplay with a bit of humour to it. No reason to be dark and hateful about just everything. Scheen was a bit of an optimist by the end of it, trying to get people to look on the bright side of things

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Dwarf Warrior. It used to be troll hunter, then I discovered the sheer unrelenting brutality of a dwarf prot warrior charging into mobs. They are meatgrinders

And, well, a dwarf without a hammer is hardly a dwarf at all

What are your expectations of this server?:

The same as previously. A fun tight-nit community to RP with

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Role-Play, as previous. The live servers are a bloody mess of just about anything and everything, and while it can be fun sometimes to play a character who just rolls with it and giggles at Bobamus the Dragon Overlord or whatever, its still nicer to play on a server where the rules of the world are actually enforced. Somewhere I don't have to worry about my character needing to get into a yelling fest with a nudist draenei in the middle of town

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

When it all comes down to it, Scheen thought, there's a certain underlying thing to engineering she just liked.

It had nothing to do with the fact she was, at that very moment, reloading a Recoilless Rocket Ripper that had just blown half of a Scourge's body in half. Or the ten saronite bombs in a box at her feet, just waiting for another chance to inflict their shrapnel payloads on the horde of shambling undead. Or the giant airship she heard hovering in the sky, currently firing cannon shots into the throng as around her, even more Alliance soldiers and mercenaries went into the fight in some attempt to hold back the undead

No, she thought. That wasn't it. A new shell fitted into the Ripper with a satisfying 'Choonk', bringing a smile to the rogue's face. She put one foot on the closed bomb box and leveled the gun with her other arm, looking in the throng of enemies for the perfect target...

"Oh, well hello there..." she said, a smirk on her face. One of those 'Super Zombies', a large pustulant monstrosity, was in the middle of a fairly large rabble of lesser creatures. Its form was bloated and lurching. Stories had been told of these things, throwing forth venomous vile upon their enemies. Tearing through armies through their presence and horrific excretions burning anything that approached them

Click

The rocket sailed well and, hitting the zombie... Well, in the leg. Not the body shot Scheen was hoping for, and she almost grumbled at that. A sudden loud series of "Booms" told her her shot wasn't wasted, and the smirk came back to her face. While she was too far to see the entire damage, nothing could mistake the sound of the pressure within the monster bursting in a wall of ooze and acidic steam. Its deadly payload burst forth and spilled upon the undead around it, almost instantly burning the lesser Geists and Ghouls around it with the force of the explosion. The screeching and hissing was audible all throughout the forsaken battlefield, and at least some fighters would appreciate the small gap in numbers.

"Yeah, y'know why I like engineering?" Scheen said to no one in particular, loading another shell into her gun. "Its cause no matter what y' use, its gonna end in a good show!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

How's the Cata side of things hanging? I am an unabashed goblin fan as well as a hunter fan, and Cata was good on both those halves. So many pets to tame, so little time...
Hello Xanvol! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Cataclysm is still loose for us. We're not sure when or if we're switching over, so don't wait up, hehe. :) We'll get to it once we feel it's safe to switch over.

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin