Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction - Bogas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been playing World of Warcraft for the past eight years or so, first on Retail, later experiencing a few +Private servers, a couple in which I actually volunteered as a GameMaster. Around three and a half years ago, I developed interest for the RolePlay side of the game, moving toa retail serevr designed just for that sole purpose. Later, it became clear to me that both the cost of the game just to Rp and the quality of the Rp itself in retail was not matching my expectations, so I left and joined a Private server called Prologue. I have been making my way there for a large period, but recently it went down for massive changes, and other servers like Divinity-X simply lack the quality and sobriety one seeks, so I ended up here, following a friend's advice.
As a players, I'm confortable with any type of character, for I always try my best to live the skin of any character. I don't lack imagination, and the feedback I usually get from the characters I make gets down to one word: original. I may not be the fastest typer nor the best RolePlayer, but I take pride in the uniqueness of the stories I create, for I always found pleasure in writting and creating.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Portugal, and obviously my primary language is Portuguese, although English plays an important part in my life these days, and the Roleplay itself, as well as reading foreign books has been increasing my understanding of the language and the fluency of my speech. I also speak Spanish, due to it's similarity to my native language, and can grab a hold of French and Italian, enough to scratch a primitive dialogue.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I used to play Warcraft III with my friends, and as soon as World of Warcraft was released, I took a particular liking in it. Not much of a story there, and already said quite enough on the first question so I won't stop much here.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Like I said, a friend pointed this server out as an alternative to Prologue, and since other servers run a bit more over a chaotic platform of RolePlay, I said to myself "Why not? Let's give it a try, a server who requests for players to make an intro before even creating an account HAS to be at least good enough to be in, peacefully, and have the necessary amount of quality.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'm not picky, and that's about it. I've tried almost all the types of Roleplay there is: adventure, military, horror, romantic, tribal, kingdom, business n' trade, explorer, clerical, and so forth, so I may be found Roleplaying with anyone, anywhere, as long as it gets minimally interesting. No first impression telling me if it will be good or not, nor any sort of judgement from any experience, whatsoever. I always keep an open mind, and even if people are not holding up to my expectations, I am always open to a new experience later on, without worrying about the last one's outcome.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race would be the tauren, or Shu'halo, but that's merely a personal taste. I usually tend to make humans or elves (Kal'dorei or Sin'dorei), although I'm confortable with playing dwarves (love to do their accents and speech) and trolls (What can I say? I like my ding-dongs hangin' mon...joking). For favorite class? I'd say warriors or hunters, but I find the original ten classes to be a limit to my Rping skills, knowing that one can also Rp sub-versions of those, or even similar things. It's just a formality, really.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, I have to admit they are "medium-rare". Medium because, knowing that I've been in search for an alternative to my last server, I hope for it to be better than the others I'v looked into, and there's also that "apply to log in" thing, which bolsters my expectations...on the other hand, Rare because this is the first time in here, and there's always that "expecting the unexpected" part in everything, so...

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Honestly? All of them...most of the topics I've read bout all kinds of policies are already something I'm familiar with from Prologue, or other servers...basically, it goes for a mixture of common sense and balance in one's actions, not to mention always consulting the people in charge, should a doubt arise.
PVP rules, watching RP rules, Reputation, special race making, and so on, are all things that should be presence in all the servers like this one. Although I found it amusing how you guys actually felt the need of making rules for Grand Exits...not because of you guys, but because how people seem to need them, in fact.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"It was almost dawn, and the plains were quiet. Kannor sat there, eyes gazing upon the rocky cliffs, waiting patiently. Several hours had gone since he had his last meal, but he was able to endure it: a hunter's path was bitter and lonely, and sometimes scarse when it came to feeding.
He looked up again, the first beams of light dazzing his sight, used to the dark of the previous night. It was his third day in that hideout, waiting for his prey to come out from that rocky den. If it had not been for that chacal the night before, forcing him to reveal his location, "Dantra" would lie down on his feet, its tail hanging from a notch on his belt. But that was not the case, and the beast, cunning and cautious like any of his own tribe, was now aware of his presence, and ready for his arrival...so he waited.
Another raw movement, another little rodent nearby, nibbling on the roots of some plant... No, it wasn't just any plant, it was Needle-prum, a plant that held a venon strong enough to provoke numbness even to the largest of beasts. And that, gave him an unnusual thought, and with it, his leverage towards the creature he set out to hunt...
Swiftly, and with only minutes to the complete sunrise, when the herd of kodos would rise to move out and relocate, Kannor grabbed a few leaves, chewing them slowly and carefully not to swallow any. Grabbing the substance he managed to chew, he rubbed it on the tip of his spear, carefully once more, not to cut himself and set that poison into his own bloodstream. Once he finished, he slowly pulled himself out of his hideout, and advanced towards the entrance of the cave, ready to face his beastly opponent, and complete the trial the Elders had foreseen for him, returning as a fully grown hunter before his tribe..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Don't be too harsh on my Introduction, I'm feeling a small lack of inspiration today. *Smirk*
Hello Bogas! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Good introduction! :) Welcome, welcome. Cue standard introduction template...

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin