Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Intro - Take #2 (Now with more filler!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
There isn't much to tell. I don't really play often, lately (life's not being so nice, it seems). I favor military or elder characters. I'm sub-par in PvP, par in /e, but I manage.

About me, let's see... I like video games, mostly RPGs, but FPS is good every now and then. I also play M:TG, and am currently trying to learn a few Pen and Paper games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I've lived in Canada my whole life, and I speak Canadian English, American, British English, Australian English, and Internet English. Yup.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Years and years ago some friends started playing, convinced me to join, so... Here I am, now. I don't play actual WoW anymore, though, just RP servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
After my normal RPing server missed it's due date for going live again, I used the wonderful Google! This as the first one I saw. Heh... Sorry about that.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy playing out elderly characters with things to say, or military characters, but occasionally I do one-shot characters to see how things play out, and if I like it, I stick with it.
I do not like Paladin roleplay one bit, and generally avoid evil RP, because it somehow manages to bother me OOCly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Warrior, definitely. All of my decent roleplaying characters have been warriors, so I stick with it. My favorite race would be a tie between gnomes and draenei. Don't make me choose between them, because that would hurt me on the inside. Probably.

Gnomes because they don't have much lore, but the lore they have is incredibly workable and influential on their RP. Draenei because... Well, their lore is a bit more extensive, and I admit I can't even keep up with it, but from what I see, I like it. My main RP character is and always will be Ralakuun, Draenei Warrior.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I've seen, I should expect a tight-knit but somewhat big community, and lots of opportunity for decent roleplaying. I still do expect less than acceptable players, though. That's a given with every server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills rule. It makes me physically ill to see people roleplaying like "i take my sword and i swing w/ it at ur knee" and other such monstrosities.

And I didn't just pull that example out of my head. I've seen that first hand.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
He took a dive under the Mechanospider hatch, the radiation and toxins began to fill the room. His mission had to stop, he knew he failed when the pipe begin to sputter, but he tried to ignore it. Geedon and his squad rushed out. "Geedon!", his radio began to howl, "Get out! The entire dor- No, the entire DISTRICT is contaminated!". The larger squadmate simply adjusted his goggles and turned off his own radio, then proceeded back into the radioactive mist. The others only watched; they knew he was a danger to them. It was better to let him go off on his own cause, than to keep him around and expose the others to the leprosy.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing at all, but now I want to write the rest of this story, some time.
Hello McDamn, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Gnomes and Draenei... A very strange combination. Thanks for the story!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.