Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Intro - Renegade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm a simple player really. I go by Renegade, and I love to role-play. I've spent many years role-playing on various platforms (Retail, Private Server, Multiple MMO's, Text-based, etc.) and have found that, aside from reading fantasy novels, it is one of my greatest past times. It provides me with an escape. What really makes it unique, however, is that unlike reading I can not only live in a fantasy, but I can influence it! Role-playing has brought me endless hours of entertainment through many forms, and in all honesty, it has taught me how to write in a sense. I've learned more from the role-playing community than I have from my English teachers in America's poor idea of public education, and it is through my experiences with role-playing that has spurred my aspirations to become a fantasy author. Only time will tell how that will work out, anyways, that's enough out of me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Ol' Uncle Sam, United States of America. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My step-brothers were into it, and being younger I thought it was cool, thus here we are.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
In all honesty every other role-playing private server I used to play on has been shut down or disbanded. You guys seem to be the only legit option I am aware of. Do not take this the wrong way though, the only reason I never joined is simply the title. I'm an Alliance supporter, always have been and being here is going to be an adjustment. But hey, it's the ability to adapt that makes us strong and I guarantee that once I get into the swing of things I'll love it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've been starved of decent role-play for so long, I'd love to do any and every kind available. BUT if I had a preference, it would be Tavern, Adventure, Combat, Dark (Edgy, Cultist, Assassination, etc.) and Military Rp. (Not a huge fan of ERP. =P)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race: Human/Night Elf
Class: *Rogue/Hunter

*I'm a huge fan of the 'Thief' play style. That includes any criminal-type class such as: Scout, Thief, Assassin, Agent (Espionage and that sort of thing), etc.

I realize this is Horde-centric, so I predict this will change somewhat.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I've seen by your screening process and overall professionalism when it comes to the rules and forum, I have very high expectations. It is my sincerest hope that I will find an immersive and friendly role-playing environment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. The blurb on your wiki about humility could not have been stated any better, there is nothing worse than the egocentric 'General' who expects everyone to bow down and base their characters life and decisions off of them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll give you a little taste of my favorite type of role-play, Cultist Rp:

The man lay face down in the freezing mud, blistering winds blowing around him. He lay there, his head throbbing, his mind racing. A hooded man stood above him, goading him with the temptation. The thought is tempting, tempting beyond imagination, “Immortality? Could it be true? Such a trusted source of information would not lie to me right? But such power...there must be a drawback, there must!” The hooded man spoke, mockery lacing his words, “You wish to remain an outcast? Hm? A pathetic orphan that even the School will not accept? Continue lying there on your face you fool, you will never amount to anything.”

The man pushed himself up with astounding speed, “This could be the chance, the chance to finally become someone, the chance for unlimited power.”
“Yes, I want it!” he screamed. The hooded man was taken aback by the sudden outburst, he quickly regained his composure and chuckled, a derisive sneer marking his face, “Of course you do, but do you deserve it?” The man then lashed out at the cloaked figure throwing all his might into one single blast, every thought, every emotion, every part of his existence into that once single attack. The hooded man absorbed it with ease, dispersing the spell as if it were nothing but a slight nuisance. He laughed then scornful laughter increasing as the figure before him wept on his knees. The man knelt there, physically and emotionally drained, “I need it...” he uttered, and fell to his face once more. For the thought of remaining this weak sickened him to his core, he needed this. This was his reason for living, he knew it. The hooded man’s laughter quieted a moment, “Ah, you do. You do need this, but does it need you! What could you possibly offer? You pathetic wench, you cannot even hold yourself up!”

The man had an eternal ache, an ache that went to the marrow of his bones, all his life he had failed, not this time. No, this time would be different, he would not be beaten by this hooded man, this hooded fiend was a representation of all his numerous failures. Defeat was not an option. It was then at his weakest point that he felt it, this untapped reservoir at the depth of his soul. Something that he knew had been there all along, yet he was too weak to see it. Now, with everything else gone, he could see it clearly this immense power inside him. He reached inside himself then, and grabbed it. He clutched it with an unrelenting grip. It pained him at first, but he pushed through the pain and held on it was then that he felt a darkness enter him, this entity consumed him, cooly flowing over his mind, his body, every capillary, every vein, filled with this dark substance. It changed him, transforming this pathetic weak form into something substantial. He liked it, nay, loved it he felt power, the eternal ache left him. All that was there was the darkness, the sweet Abyss. The hooded man looked down upon the prone figure and knelt, grabbing a fistful of hair and yanked his head up, “Do you hear me! What can you offer?!”

The man’s pupils were dilated, the sclera no longer visible. The hooded man let go, but the head remained at the awkward angle, suspended. The man’s mouth began to move, words of power began to form, the Abyss inside him taking shape. The demonic tongue converted into a chant that began increasing in volume. The hooded man stood slowly, his contemptuous expression gone replaced with fear. The quiet chant had become a deafening roar, forcing the hooded man to his knees as the iniquity consumed him. The hooded man began to weep then, wailing uncontrollably before falling into a stupor and losing consciousness.

The hooded mans eyes reopened to the man kneeling before him, the darkness fled leaving the empty shell of the pleading man, “I need it...” he begged. The hooded man stood quickly, brushing himself off and straightening his tabard, “And perhaps, it needs you...”

I hope you enjoyed. =)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
There is:
Add - As you may have noticed I have an inclination with the Alliance, but this doesn't mean I'm not open to change. Although all of my role-playing experience and knowledge of lore is Alliance-based, I am willing to learn if you give me the opportunity.

Ask - Is one forced to go Horde? Is there any option of creating an Alliance character? If yes, how does one do so? If no, where is your opposing faction? Is it strictly NPC's?

That's it!

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

~Renegade
Hello Renegade, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

This introduction was quite a pleasure to read. You seem like a decent person, and I'm interested in seeing you roleplaying. Thank you, Ren, as well as for the story.

No, Conquest of the Horde is merely the title of the site. The second paragraph of the welcome text on the wiki explains this. We just happen to have an admin who loves orcs.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.