Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Road to tranquility.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning, will contain violence and language. You have been warned!

The large male placed his shield and glaive on the ground before uncliping his cloak. "Very well, if it's only your face you want rearranged." He then took a few steps closer and made a taunting motion with his hand. The large male has earlier taunted Isolia, and was now nearing the battle he so challenged her to. Huge, and donned in full plate, he was a berserk in mortal form.

Isolia dropped her swords to the grounds, removing her shoulderpads as well. She took no stance, merely spitting to the ground. "Worthless male." She glared at him with loathing, this male who should have known his place. Women are superior. Women are stronger. Isolia knew this.

The man grinned and shook his head. "Stuck up, b***h." He charged Isolia, bringing his right arm as a fake attack to her face, the real one being the knee to the stomach, followed by a headbutt, both colliding against Isolia's forehead. Yet, Isolia moved not an inch as the blows struck her. The pain made her stronger. Her rage flowing through her veins as she hurled an uppercut to the man's chin who was now such a tempting target, only to to miss as the male moved back and dodged it.

The male swiftly slammed his head against Isolia's, busting her head open lightly as blood trickled down. Isolia's vision began blurring as the rage overtook her, and the fight began becoming a blur.

Red. Red was all she saw. Her mind completely overdrawn by rage, all pain null and every hit ignored as her base instincts were in charge now. She felt him striking her again and again, but she refused to relent, a true warrior and a wild one at that. But suddenly, the red blurred. He dodged a blow sent from him and sent his hand crashing against her arm, sending out a terrible snap to echo in the trickling of rain, breaking Isolia's arm. The rage was gone. The pain returned. Isolia's vision blurred and her body ached... Her ears rang with effort. Her abdomen ached like a thousand fires, and she felt blood trickling on her body. The male on the other hand, was barely wounded.

He stared defiantly at Isolia, but a hint of admiration could be seen in his eyes. His voice is cold and autoritary as he speaks. "Yield or I will not stop until you can't get up." He said with a grunt.

Isolia wobbled forward, growling low. Her throat ached, and she felt the need to groan in pain. She surpessed it. Elune, her muscles burned. She felt herself barely able to keep herself standing. Yet persistently, she drove forward, her broken arm dangling useless as she cursed herself in her head for her weakness. She cursed in anger, but the rage had gone. She couldn't take much more.

Sooner than she knew it, she was down.

Her vision turned black. The hand around her throat denying her air. She fell unconscious. When her eyes opened once more, she was nowhere she remembered. A beautiful white forest, every tree crystal and lit with the silver glow of Elune. Isolia looked around as she slowly sat upright, only to have pain shoot through her arm. It was not broken there. But it hurt. Huffing in panic, her eyes wide, her gaze jerking left and right as she looked around.

"Where am I?!"

She called out in anger, and in fear. Only the sound of her own call echoed back to her. She was alone. Frightened. Why was no one there? Did she scare them all away? Frustrated and hurt, Isolia groaned as she brought herself to her feet, beginning to slowly walk through the forest. She looked left and right, but no color greeted her. The shine was rather colorless, and cold. Suddenly, laughter echoed to her ears. She darted towards its location, despite the shooting pain in her body. She arrived to a scene, seeming to have been drawn, only it having color. She saw a young girl, sitting and hugging her knees, sobbing. A group of other females surrounding her, one of the adults yelling at her.

"That girl is a menace! She nearly killed my son!"

The adult yelled at the frightened girl. Isolia's mind drifted back... Why wouldn't he just like her? Then her anger took over.

Atop the young stood another woman, a claw mark adorning her left shoulder. She had anger in her eyes, and the form of fury only shown in a true mother protecting her child.

"You will not yell at my daughter like so! I'm certain there is more to it than that!"

Isolia's mother protested with such wild vigor, such raw power. But soon all that faded.

"She's right..." The little girl sobbed lightly, refusing to gaze her mother in the eyes. "I'm a monster!" She cried, before turning tail and running as fast as she could.

Isolia's heart clenched. She remembered how it felt.

It hurt. It hurt more than any injury she ever sustained.

The mother turned quickly, darting after the girl, calling after her. She was frightened. Frightened for her daughter.

"Isolia!"

The mother called out in near panting desperation. She darted after her child, through the trees, and out of Isolia's sight. Isolia stared, mouth gaped and a clench on her heart. She stifled a groan of pain, the scene changing in such speeds it nearly caused her to throw up. She began hearing the gushing of water, the sound of leaves falling. Isolia began wandering around, her head spinning and her insides burning. She returned to the sound of sobbing once more as she walked over to the scene.

The girl was sitting by a nearby shallow stream, hugging her knees. It was well over night, and she had lost her way home. The darkness surrounded her, and she was frightened. The black raven hair was scattered with twigs and leaves, and the young girl shook in fear.

Suddenly from the bushes, a paw emerged. Dark as night. And along it, two bestial eyes prowling after the girl. The saber emerged before Isolia, ready to pounce. The girl's silver eyes widened. The woman's eyes with them.

Isolia tried to scream to the girl, flee! Her mouth gaped, but her throat refused to give sound. She tried and tried, but the saber prowled closer. She darted forward, screaming silently in desperation, but too late.

The air filled with a cry of pain and followed by a panicked sob.

Isolia watched the red crimson spill.

The girl crawled back wildly, panting and sobbing, the Saber nearing for another strike before an arrow took flight and struck the beast's hindleg, forcing it to dart and flee into the woods. From the brush, the girl's mother sprang out, her bow held in hand as she had a vicious snarl.

"Isolia!"

The mother called, darting to her child to inspect her wound, quickly giving a whistle as another man came with her, no doubt a druid. The mother huffed in panic, picking up the unconscious child, the wound hidden in her arms as the Druid got to his work, healing the child.

The scene shifted again.

Isolia's eyes opened.

The pain surged through her body as she felt a bed beneath her. Above her stood two women, keeping an eye on her. She was in Audebine. Alive.

And unable to fight.

Drip, drip. Isolia listened to the sound of falling rain all around her, a rather stormy day in Audebine. She lay in bed much to her distaste, proving too injured to yet leave treatment. The last few days had given her chance to think. And she didn't like it. Every time she tried to subdue her mind to wonder off, she returned to the worst of her memories, each and every one of them... This has put her on edge. Plus her final encounter with the last Druid who took care of her had left her with a sneer and hate. Suddenly, her left ear twitched as the woman heard a conversation near by... A woman and a man, speaking in Darnassian. Her eyes were closed, so perhaps they assumed she was sleeping? They were whispering urgently to each other.

"In all my days I have never seen anyone so entangled with rage... We... I, I do not know what to do further. Her anger prevents full recovery to take place, and the taint in her body is only spreading. We think she only has about a week or two to live... Three, at best..."

The male voice said with a careful whisper, each word obviously slowly picked. Isolia's body tensed to the sound of those words... Taint? Death? Her heart skipped a beat and her throat felt a clump gently forging within it. It was not death she was afraid of... It was this death.

"I understand... What do we do with her, then?"

The female voice replied to the male, possibly a Druid Isolia guessed. She stayed still, her mind trying to wonder in thoughts. None of them peaceful. She fought against the will to thrash and yell in anger, the will to harm...

"The best solution... Would be early 'precautions'..."

The male said, in a tone most grim. Isolia knew exactly what this meant. They were going to execute her. To spare her the pain of the taint, and the corruption it brings. She was lost. Would she just lay there, like cattle to slaughter? Or would she fight this losing battle? Finally, before any more thoughts sunk to her mind, she sprang from her bed. It all happened so quickly. The surprise of the two. The thud of her bare feet.

And just like that, Isolia found herself darting through the brush of the nearby forest, huffing wildly. She thwacked away branches with her healthy arm, the rest hitting her and some even digging lightly into her skin. She had no idea how far she ran, but eventually her breath gave way and so did her footing. She fell forward with a mighty thud, on the edge of the beach, where the sand meets tree. She groaned in pain as she looked up, her expression mixed and varied.

"I don't want to die... Not like this... I'm not ready to die... I'm not suppose to die!"

She called out in anger, dragging herself to the beach, her eyes ablaze with determination and sorrow. She thought of the life ahead of her. Of the people she had yet to meet. She thought of Jof'waz, and his stupid annoying grin. She thought of Kapre, and how hard he tried to bring people together. She thought of Kantado, and how she loved his stupid naive smile. Bringing herself to the salty sand, Isolia broke down.

"No... No! It's not fair! It's not fair!"

She howled in rage, her mind taking way for bestial anger and fear. She wasn't ready to die. Her fist started smashing into the sand as she cried out desperately.

"I'm not ready to die! It's not suppose to end this way!"

Tears began leaking from her clenched eyes as she gritted her teeth, her anger causing her muscles to flare and spasm. Rain poured down on her, washing away her tears among them, soaking her whole body. After hours of this, her body finally gave way for Isolia... To collapse. The Elven woman, heavy with muscles, fell forward as she huffed heavily, only the smooth cold texture of the wet sand greeting her body as she lay there, unable to come to terms with her approaching death.