Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Pooka's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started playing World of Warcraft 6 years ago and rolled at an RP server at the launch of TBC. I continued to play on RP servers until I quit 2 weeks before Cataclysm was released. I enjoyed both PvE and PvP, but the RP was what I really loved.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Sweden and Swedish but I speak and write English all day, every day.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend gave me a trial account not long after release.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
A friend who plays here (Forum name: Moonstalker) found the server and forwarded me the site.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like roleplaying with small groups, primarily, but I enjoy almost all kinds of roleplay as long as it isn't too stupid or lore breaking. I particularly enjoy plotlines, drama and seeing how my characters evolve from their experiences.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In terms of mechanics, I enjoy rogues (especially undead rogues <3) but I don't really have a preference in terms of RP – I've played Draenei, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Night Elf, Gnome and Dwarf in the past. I don't think I would play an Orc, Troll or Tauren – they don't really suit me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want to RP. I do expect to see a better standard of roleplay than on live though. Less super-strong demonhunter vampire lesbians, please.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the quality control you have – the main problem with live is that there Blizzard don't even attempt any sort of policy enforcement on roleplaying servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Everything she had said to him had been true.

‘Oh well, more or less’, she thought and snickered quietly to herself. She moved a few leaves that were blocking her sight and peered down at his sleeping body. He had been asleep when she came back from Telaar, so she had just put a blanket over him and climbed up the tree to sit at her usual spot.

He was hurt. He had coughed ash and bled from his wounds when he came to her island. He could barely stand up. Oh, how she wished she could help him. If only she could heal his wounds, as she had healed the wounds of her loved ones before. But no matter how hard she focused, she couldn’t do it.

“The Light has abandoned me.” she had told him. He had watched her for a moment before saying; “That is impossible, I don’t believe that.”

Oh he sure was lovely. He had always treated her nicely.

The paladin moaned in his sleep. ‘If only I could help him…’

She climbed down the tree and sneaked as quietly as a Draenei can towards him. ‘Damn these hooves!’

She stopped a few feet away and looked at him. He was still and quiet now and he was breathing slowly. Yes, he had always treated her nicely. He wanted to help her “situation” he said, and was willing to help her find a purpose in life. Even though he was hurt, he still cared for her.

“You must admit to what you have done and regret what you did wrong.” He had said to her. “There is a fine balance. To take responsibility for your actions and at the same time ask for forgiveness for your mistakes. But you can not ask for forgiveness if you don’t regret.”

She hadn’t made that many mistakes had she? Not really. ‘But it’s probably best that he thinks that I’m sorry.’ She was sick of being alone. She was sick of the sight of Halaa, sick of the sight of Oshu’gun. Some days she just wanted to jump off the edge of the island. She didn’t have that much to live for these days. Her loved one were gone, her friends had abandoned her. ‘Curse them all.’ But maybe, maybe she could be forgiven. Maybe she could belong somewhere again. She still had hope.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
That's everything covered, I think. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer.
Hello Pooka, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

What a cute name. Thank you for the story.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.