Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing; Danuvis!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a video game player, I enjoy a wide range of games. From FPS, to MMOs, to Real Time Action games (LoL/Dota/HoN), and even the single-player RPGs. How could you not love them?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the United States o' America, and English being my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
At an extremely young age, 8, I was put in front of a computer one day and played Diablo II, Lord of Destruction. After which I became addicted to video games (Unreal Tournament, Doom, and Quake) and sought out more games created by Blizzard Entertainment. Such as the RTS Warcraft III Reign of Chaos, and The Frozen Throne. All of which leading up to World of Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I was recommended here from various of people from retail that I RP with from time to time, but mostly my twin-bro Renegade who pushed me here to look into it. Told me it was a great place, and I should give it a try!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The shady, dirty business, behind the scenes roguey/thief/assassin type role-play. Along with some shamanistic / tribal thing with taurens and orcs.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human / Rogue: When I first started playing WoW, I loved the fact that I could turn invisible. After that, I simply loved rogue. And human--Because I am one!

What are your expectations of this server?:
No lolers, no trolls, none of the Mary Sue characters, and being able to create a character fairly and only to have your imagination be what is stopping you.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing when to quit, I cannot stress this enough. I simply hate people who take actions that happened in character, and complain about them out of character.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Born in the dry plains of Westfall, Danuvis Cruor was a young farm hand. There, he found how to care for various animals, plants, and how to tell what time of the day it was just by staring up at the sun. He lived with his three brothers, mother, and father on the farm. Things were great in the young boy’s life, and in the Cruor family.

Then, the Defias started to move into the lands of Westfall, and inhabited the caves of the Deadmines. The people of the Defias group were no threat, that is until they started seeking out revenge on Stormwind, and the people of it. The people of Westfall started to suffer, Danuvis’s family being no exception. The Defias harassed families nearby the caves, set farmland on fire, stole crops, and even ransacked goods that would be traveling to and from Stormwind. They were a growing menace that no one was able to stand up to.

Due to the Defias group, the people of Sentinel Hill started taking up arms as a defense against the Defias, and formed the Sentiel Hill Militia. There, the remaining family of the Cruor took up defenses as well by joining the militia. Danuvis, Baethurion, and Martyyn all being of prime age to join the militia, did. With the motivation given by the Defias for murdering their parents and setting their home on fire, the three boys had nothing more to lose.

After the years have past, and the half of Westfall being mostly over-taken by the Defias, the three brothers began thinking of abandoning home and in search of their own dreams. Baethurion wanted to begin in the works of magics, and wanted to become one of the magi he had only heard about in travelers tales of Kirion Tor mages in Dalaran. While Martyyn wanted to become a seasoned war hero that led forces of Stormwind’s army a crossed the lands of Azeroth, defending themselves against the wild horrors that exist outside of Stormwind’s reach. And then Danuvis had plans of his own, finding that he found himself to become a petty thief, and lived on other’s wealth and miss fortunes. His brothers in disapproval of Danuvis actions, quickly said to him, “Brother, the only future you have is a path to the gallows if you continue.”

After which, the three brothers traveled from Westfall, through Elwynn forest, and finally had made it to Stormwind. The city was beautiful, the walls made of magnificent stone, and inlaid with gold, and other precious metals. The three brothers thought they were in a city of opportunities and the three brothers wished each good luck, and parted their ways in search of their own dreams.

Danuvis spent days, and weeks, thieving for enough silver to buy his next meal, and spent most of his time on the streets in Old Town. After spending his time stealing he then spent whatever was left at his favorite local tavern, the Pig n’ Whistle. There, he met a rather old man, in his middle ages and attempted to talk him up and get him drunk. He was wearing a heavy sack of coins that Danuvis thought could feed him for the next month. About hours in, the man and Danuvis were at their own table, talking about their dreams. The Old Man wanted to become a famous hero that all the women wanted to sleep with, and all the taverns wanted him to drink in. He wanted to tell his tales of heroism, and drink, and lay, and slay dragons, and crush orcs. While Danuvis on the other hand had not thought of his dreams, and thought only of just trying to steal enough money to make his next meal. Danuvis then told him a fake story of how he wanted to become a hero as well, a hero of the Alliance. A man on the front lines, dressed head-to-toe in leather, and weaponry, he wanted to be a force that struck fear into the Horde. The Old Man just laughed at him, and told him that he could tell he was lying.

The Old Man was able to tell he was just a common thief, and had no place in this world. He told him he was just steps away of being hanged for the crimes he has committed. Danuvis’s heart sunk, and the Old Man laughed again at him. He then told him that he needed a purpose for life, and thought that he’d make a fine Rogue. Puzzled, Danuvis kindly declined the offer and then found himself with a dagger pointed at his throat and himself pulled by the Old Man over the table. Frightened, he could only do what the Old Man wanted him to do. The Old Man gave him a small map, the sack of coins, and a letter. Telling him that he needed to follow the map, and head North. North, past Ironforge, through the Wetlands, past the Highlands, and all the way in the mountains that divided the Hinterlands with the Hillsbrad Foothills. Danuvis questioned the Old Man, and the Old Man could only return with the simple line of, “If you don’t do this, you will end up a dead man, Danuvis.” Shocked that the Old Man knew his name, finally came to the conclusion that he’d take up the quest to Hillsbrad Foothills and deliver the letter. He was left with no choice anyways.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Do you have a rolling system for when RP duels take place? Is there a 'guide' for everyone to read for RP duels? (Considering the stuff I'll be getting into, this might seem important for my characters!)
Hello Danuvis, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the (vast) story!

We do have a rolling system for fighting, yes. How it goes essentially is like this:

Person #1 swings his sword at Person #2 in an attempt to cut them.
P1 does a /roll and gets 63 for his attack.
P2 does a /roll in defence and gets 50. P1's attack is successful, so...
Person #2 is cut by the sword! In response, he attacks Person #1.
P2 does his own /roll for attack...

...And so on, ad nauseum. Hope that helped!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.