Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've only been roleplaying for a year, so I'm pretty new to it. Some friends asked me to try a D&D game with them, and I've been coming back for more ever since. This isn't the first server I've roleplayed on, but it is the first World of Warcraft server. Suffice it to say, I don't know the lore very well, but after I glanced over the forums and saw all of the helpful guides, I figured that wouldn't be much of an issue.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in one place, and my family has been moving around the world ever since. It's a complicated situation, probably not very interesting, either. English is my first language, but I also speak Spanish and French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Well, a friend purchased me a month of Vanilla WoW way back when, and I suppose that is what reminded me of the universe when it came to looking for a decent place to roleplay. I can't really expand much more on that, as I don't remember the game very well. Maybe joining Conquest of the Horde was a bit of pot luck.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

This server came up in a google search, but it was a friend online who mentioned it, along with Prologue and a couple of others that he said he couldn't really recommend. He didn't know much about Conquest of the Horde, but he did say he had a friend here who was doing well.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy combat roleplay most of all. It's one of the most interesting parts to me. I love thinking about how to logically evade attacks, and what sort of moves and spells would bring down my enemy the quickest. Even so, I like to sit down after a battle is done and probe into my character's mind with some conversation. Thinking about how all that bloodshed affected them is good, too.

Adventure roleplay is another favourite. My last DM made the best NPCs: Engaging, interesting, and they got us doing things, caring about them. That sort of roleplay is priceless.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Orcs are probably my favourite, and as for a class, Shaman. That sort of primal spirituality is something that I think would be fun to portray.

What are your expectations of this server?:

It wouldn't be proper of me to come here with any pre-conceived notions of what the server should and should not be, but I would be glad if there was roleplay I could get into. That is all I would ask for.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Humility is the finest rule I can see. Everyone ought to know their place, whether it is time to step up and lead, or time to step back and follow.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Only dust, sand, and wind greeted the travellers as they entered the town. It was as though they had taken a step into a sepia photograph, the landscape and the buildings all coffee-brown and without vibrance. Stillness and silence scuttled away before the scuff of their shoes, and they pressed on through the stifling atmosphere.

"Where do you suppose everyone is?" The hooded boy's enquiry was spoken fearlessly, loudly, as though he was asking the very town itself. The town didn't reply, of course, and neither did his companion, who drew her shawl more tightly around herself as another rain of dust and sand buffeted them.

(I will finish this later.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Yes, let me make sure I have this right for Gruntship:
-Be here a month, be active, post on the forums.
-Write a story.
-Submit a Questionnaire.
Hello Keith, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Yes, you've got the Gruntship stuff down. Feel free to finish your story whenever you like.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.