Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player I get bored easily with repetitive game play, that is why i gravitate towards playing rpg's. Other than rpg's I enjoy sports games, turn based strategy, fps', rts' and simulation games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the Philippines, but am of Chinese descent. My primary language is the one native to my country, though I do consider English as my pseudo-primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I'm fairly experienced with the Warcraft franchise. WC3 was my first taste of the series, enjoyed the diversity of the factions and of course the steep learning curve and the unique strategies required to master each of the factions. Also played some WoW but never got hooked, basically got bored of the game. Hopefully with the added RP'ing elements, CoTH will be renew my love for this wonderful franchise.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Honestly, I just searched rp wow private server and clicked the link that appealed to me the most, I guess Conquest of the Horde is much more appealing to me than Millenium WoW.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Sexual role play.. DUH! Kidding aside, mostly I enjoy table top rpg's and forum based rpg's. Some MUD's, I've played tons of mmorpg's but this is the first time I'm playing an mmorpg where the role playing aspect is prioritized.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For my favorite race, it really doesn't matter to me but if I really have to choose I'm going to go with the Undead. I believe I could do so much for an Undead character. As for the class, going forward with the Undead idea, I believe a priest class would be suitable for him/her. The irony of his/her being will be my main story.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to be a community of mature rp'ers. I expect everyone to be respectful (OoC of course!) to one another and I am really expecting CotH will be my new home for years to come.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
What appealed to me the most is the fact that this is a role playing server, what made me sign up is how seriously you guys want this server to be the best it could possibly be. Upon reading the process of signing up, i believe that only quality players are getting in. Quality players means quality play time, which ultimately means quality server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"I can hardly remember.. yet i cannot forget." murmured the hooded priest.

It was nightfall and the priest was painting murals in a small worn down church. No windows were present. Only a few lit candles opposed the darkness. The candles itself glowed eerily, and its fires were extremely bright. It is as if they were enchanted to last a lifetime.

"It was always bright up there, even at night.. i was asleep and yet i can see everything. I can feel everything.. the warmth of the morning star kissing my flesh, the glow of the crescent moon shining upon my soul.. the winds of change were forever unchanging.. this mural will represent the joy of my being as I slumbered for hundreds of thousands of years"

A gust of wind passes through the church. The fires from the candles flickered wildly as the priest's shadows danced. One by one the candles went out, and with its final breath the wind extinguished what was the last lit candle. Darkness instantly engulfed the room, and yet the sounds of brush on wall is still evident. The priest paid no heed to the darkness and continued his work.

Day in and day out, the priest just stood there and continued his work. Ignoring his wounds as flying insects gnaw away at his flesh. Ignoring his insatiable hunger and thirst. Few days have passed and his flesh starts to rot. He pays no heed and continues to work.

Suddenly a creeping silence fills the room.. It was a strange silence, an artificial one. The priest senses that he is not alone.

"En Suma Rajh" the priest commanded.

Suddenly all candles of the church lit up, a blinding burst of light revealed the interior of the church, piles of rotting cadavers lined up the altar, most of them hosts for death beetles and greater maggots. The priest see nothing alive except for the vile creatures feasting on the corpses, and yet he still senses someone else' presence.

"Reveal yourself.." whispered the priest.

Without a sound an elvish rogue shadowstepped and slit the hooded priest's throat. The priest let out a soft sigh and fell limp to the ground. All the candles went out as the priest lay there motionless, as the rogue looted the church of its treasures and left in silence.

"En Suma Rajh" couged the fallen priest. Once again the church lit up brightly. Slowly the priest crawled to the altar where the copses lie. There was no trail of blood, in fact there was little to no blood at all, a trail of maggots were instead. The Priest pulled itself on top of a rotting, parasite infused corpse, took his hood off and started feeding. Miraculously his slit throat regenerated instantly. The priest stood up wiped his ghastly mouth of stale blood, as a maggots continuously drop from his rotting eye sockets. He put on his hood and walked towards the unfinished mural and continued his work.

Not far off, the rogue noticed that the church was exuding light, and he clearly remembers he left the church in total darkness. He decided to check back. Again stepping in the shadows he carefully walked into the brightly lit church. The priest instantly sensed the rogue is returning, and instantly casts a shadowy apparition. Upon entering the altar the Elf was surprised to see the priest alive and again continuing his work. Baffled, the elf again stepped out of the shadow to and slices the priest's throat, this time making sure that the cut is deep. As soon as the elf took out the knife he notices the lack of blood, and realizes that it is an apparition. The real priest steps in and casts his psychic horror spell, rendering the elvish rogue insane. Screams of torment echoed through the halls of the church as the elvish rogue commits suicide under the spell of the priest. Elvish blood spewed from the rogue's neck, the priest walked over and noticed the hue of the fresh blood.

"Would look great on my wall." laughed the priest as he went back to the wall and continued his work

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As of now nothing yet, but once I get in and start.. there'd be a ton.. believe me.. there'd be a ton.
Hello dnting, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

I did a double-take at the part where you joke about ERP. I think I might've actually been incredibly amused if someone came into the server willingly admitting that they were here to engage in sexual roleplay.

...That aside, thank you for the story. Do remember to capitalise those i's. That letter doesn't mind being little when it has friends, but when it's on its own, it needs to stand tall and proud!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.