Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: For the CotH!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello there, friends. I'm snarky, and I have a pretty sweet beard. My interests include that aforementioned beard, the internets, and reading. I'm a big fan of RP, especially of the WoW variety, and I hope to make all your wildest dreams come true.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
America! North America, also known as the U.S. of A. My primary language is, probably unsurprisingly, English. I like to think that I have a pretty firm grasp on the English language, by now. Maybe. Eh.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine introduced me to the game around 3 years ago, and so began my steamy love affair with WoW. Having always fancied myself as a creative type, I was immediately drawn to the idea of an RP server. Needless to say, I had an amazing time RPing and started to play the game almost exclusively on my RP server (the name of which escapes me) and had the best time that $15 a month can get you! I recently had to give up the game for a while to focus on some other personal matters, but now I'm excited to get back to that sweet, sweet RP!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I'm not sure it counts as "word of mouth," if the words are actually text.. but regardless, I heard lots of good things about this server from other RPers. A few of my friends from the RP realms on retail had mentioned CotH to me before, back when I was actually active. As time passed, I found myself RPing less and less due to some social obligations.. but the name stuck with me. I'd like to start up RPing again now that I've got a bit more free time on my hands, and I wanted to try the server that I'd heard so many good things about! Should I end up getting approved, (fingers crossed!)
I'll be eager to start getting back into the wonderful art of RPing, and hopefully make everyone else's experience a little more enjoyable!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I can't say that I'm all too picky about the kinds of roleplay that I take part in, but I do have a preference for storyline RPs. Sometimes a little prior planning and a well thought-out structure can really bring out the best in the RPers involved and, more importantly, their characters. Of course, I have nothing against spontaneous tavern RP and the likes. I've just found that I have a harder time of actively RPing my characters in those situations. Hell, maybe I'll overcome that shortcoming and be able to tavern RP with the best of 'em some day! Hooray for personal growth!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It's hard to pick a favorite out of the wide variety of lovable, quirky races that Blizzard gave me to work with, but I'll be damned if I don't try.. for CotH. Orcs and trolls have always been a lot of fun to RP, especially when you take their shamanistic and ex-cannibal voodoo cultures (respectively) into account. I've always had a thing for playing humans, as well. They're awfully diverse, and the interactions you can have RPing as a human with people playing other races are always interesting, to say the least. I'm also going to have to admit, full disclosure, that I have a weak spot for elves. Blood elves, to be precise. Despite the Sin'dorei's (damn, that looks weird) ability to gain the almost universal hatred of the other races, there's a special place in my heart for the little devils. This could be related to the fact that my first character on an RP server was a belf. I got into the RP game late, I know. But hey, like they say, life starts at Burning Crusade! Ha. Right? ..No one actually says that, do they? I don't know why I even- I'm sorry. I'll just.. I'll go away now. I'm so sorry.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Given that I've heard great things about CotH and its members, I have pretty high expectations for the server! I don't mean that in any kind of arrogant, elitist way, though. I just mean that I expect CotH to be a fun, excellent server with a ton of lovely RP experience to be had.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As unoriginal as it might make me seem, I'm going to have to pick the first rule of the server: respect. Anyone who's ever used the internet must be all too familiar with the spiteful, rage-filled whirlpool of disrespect that it can be at times. As a person who frequents the realm of this newfangled "Internet," contraption, I've become a bit weary of the endless streams of hatred that can be directed towards a brave internet-adventurer such as myself. A community that enforces respect among its members is a breath of fresh air compared to all that. It's always nice to get a little respect, especially when it's not just coming from the soulful stylings of Aretha Franklin. I had a Rodney Dangerfield reference planned for this section, too, but I can't figure out a way make it and be subtle about it. I guess the exact opposite of subtlety will have to do!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I hate to do this, but I'd like to wait until applying for Gruntship to do this. I have something great planned, though, so don't you worry!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If putting off my story is a problem and/or affects my possible approval, then I'll definitely get it written now. Just let me know. Thank you kindly!
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

No need to rush with your story, take your time!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy
Snarky, I have a pretty sweet beard too. It's funny, only other guys give me compliments on it too. Usually it starts with "I wish I could grow a beard like that".
Ah, I'm all too familiar with the intricacies of facing beard envy from other, less hairy-faced individuals. You sir, as a fellow beard aficionado, are A-okay in my book. Good day to you. *hat tip*
I wish I could grow a beard. I hear it keeps your face toasty. :/