Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Inysy's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello there! My name is Jacob. I am 21 years of age, and a student.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, located in central Florida. My Primary and only fluent language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My Dungeons and Dragons group recommended it to me a long time ago. I have played off and on but grew bored of the so called 'RP' servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I found out about the CotH by using google. There were very few results under private servers as you can imagine. Luckily, there was a post earlier today made which let me know that people still actively play this realm.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My main game is Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition, table top style! I have been dungeon master (The guy who writes up the universe and the adventures) for nearly 3 years now. I am also a player in other DnD games as well. I have done other roleplaying in official WoW servers that was pretty enjoyable. I Roleplay out of combat mostly as I find combat in games to be something more-or-less mechanical and difficult to attribute a feeling of 'realness' to without a lot of effort.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hmm. Probably Paladin or Cleric for class as I have a natural love for Pantheon stories and Deity alignments. Class could go many ways. I do enjoy Undead for the wealth of roleplay possibilities alone. I also love playing Trolls as well, admittedly, just because they talk cool.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to be able to Roleplay mainly, and find a guild home who enjoys my company and I enjoy theirs.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like that you require people to know lore. You don't see that much anymore and it tends to separate the dedicated from the non.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(First I must set the stage! This story takes place in the World of Amaranth, so don't be shocked by the mention of strange races. Eladrin are pretty much just fancy Elves, and Tiefling are like half-devil humans. Anyway, The three adventurers enter a house believed to belong to a young woman who has summoned them through their collective dreams)...

As you walk in the door, you hear a soft females voice calling you in. An elderly female Eladrin lies in a chair by a fireplace. The feeling of warmth quickly comes over you and you feel quite out of place in your full armor.

"There you three are" she says quietly.
"I was beginning to wonder if I would make it to this day or not." She lets out a sickly cough and fumbles for a glass of water on the table by her side.

"Well lets have a look at you!" she says as she props herself up against the rickety wooden arms of her chair. A fire sparks in her eyes as she sees at long last the people she believes to be special.

"Ahh Zerris. The confused Tiefling..."

"And the beautiful Sola! Still on the run no doubt!"

"Cinder! My, you haven't aged a bit!"

"My name, is Escalyn. But I'm sure you knew that already. I dont look as young as when you first saw me!" She says with a nostalgic tint in her eyes and a slight chuckle.

As you look at her and meet her gaze, you realize she is indeed nearing death. As an Eladrin, they don't suffer from most infirmaries of old age until death is at its closest.

"Im sure you have many questions for me Young ones, and I intend to answer all of them, but first you must do me one favor." She stands up and walks over to a painting on her wall...
(Excerpt of an encounter I wrote for a DnD campaign. The scene goes on for a while longer but with very specific information that would likely leave the reader confused without proper context. However, more can be provided if need be.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am quite excited to play with you all! Thank you for reviewing my Introduction! I do have one question for if I make the cut. Do you all mostly use AddOns like MyRP?
Hello Inysy! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Not all of us. But there's quite a few who use TRP2 (Total RP 2), TRP or FlagRSP as well as addons such as GHI (Gryphonheart Items). There's possibly a few using MyRP as well, though I more commonly hear of people using TRP2.

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin