Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings to you, CotH.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
In terms of RP, it's been about six years. As a young lad, I used to play with ceramics and soldiers, RPin' it up with those little heroes. In my adolescent teenage years, I moved onto WoW, it's my favorite concept of role-plays on a whole. I've recently decided to leave the server I was playing on prior to this introduction, mainly due to it being on a cataclysm patch, this goes against me, as I think it's a terrible expansion and decimated good role-play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United Kingdom, my main language is English, blatantly, however I can speak some Serbian, too.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My dad picked it up for me over six years ago, during the ages of vanilla. I fell in love with it instantly, alas, I got -too- addicted to it, and needed to take a break in which to save my funds and to lose weight. When I had done both, I decided to return to the WoW-universe, but not on a basis where I had to pay, thus, a private server was obviously on the cards.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I used to play the original Azshara-WoW, and when that collapsed, I remember hearing of CotH and a few others: (Libertas, Millennium, etc.)
I like the fact there's a selective wall guarding this server, mainly due to the amount of heretical trolls there is on many role-play servers in these times. The primary reason for me trying to join this server is because of the WoTLk status, though. I despise cataclysm.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any, within reason.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei, they're that mixture of fucked-up Slavic and watered down alien that the world of Azeroth needed. I love them, I love putting their accents on, detailing their translation difficulties when speaking in common or listening to other native Azerothian languages. They're also quite interesting to RP, as not many people do actually play them, nor do many play them "correctly".

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be strict and quite decent, this is shown due to the selective wall guarding the server. No trolls.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one which specifies any RP is allowed, as long as all participants are comfortable with it, this is good because I have seen some hideous servers where the GM-staff line were constantly involved in ERP, and to not partake was to be flamed across the server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It wasn't normal, it wasn't. I knew this is my mind, and then- it happened: the loud explosion of the steering device, the metallic panels and energy-crystals physically firing off into the wall opposite. "Gragh!" I exclaimed, diving down from the chair, only meters away from the exploding steering device. The screeches of my race echoed throughout the entirety of the already defeated ship. Looking up from the floor, I saw my dark blue blood, splattered upon the polished, magnificent flooring. It was a vague innocence, something so absolute, I could feel the dig of the demons hitting me, as I imagine most of my race does from that horrific day. Another loud explosion, this time from below the floors, it sent tremors into the steering room, however, and then loud screams of pain pursued. I glanced at the room's entrance, fire reverting to a spasmodic state, and then, I saw it. That tangle of nether-like void, rippling like hair in the wind, the eyes as pure evil as the demons of Draenor: it was one of the attacking demons. I roared, coughing up an amass of dark blue liquid from my mouth, before staggering up onto my plated-hooves. Reverting to my native tongue, I shouted loudly, and with passion. "Death to all who oppose the light!" The demon charged for me, and I leaped forwards, fist clenched, a minute source of holy energy around it.

"Taken from the journal of a dead male Draenei at the original Exodar crash site."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, I'm good. Many thanks, hope you can respond quickly and so on, also hope you enjoyed reading my little tale!
Hello LOUISTECHHELP (that's a pretty interesting username)! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
Azshara-wow? I haven't heard that name in a looongg time.