Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Syth's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just going to follow the template.

Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello. My name is Syth, short for Sythrivum, my usual main character that I probably won't be playing for a while. I've been a roleplayer for a while. Actually, CotH was the first roleplaying server I ever joined on World of Warcraft, so I guess that would make me a returning member. Some of you may remember me, which makes this a little more embarrassing. Anyway, back then, I got bored or angry or left for some stupid reason or another. In hindsight, I realized that while I may have considered myself a decent roleplayer, I wasn't that great and some of the stuff I did could have used some improvement. Plus, my attitude as a person wasn't the best either (I was a kid back then, so hey, what can you expect?) Anyway, now I'm back, and I've had time to develope my roleplay, so I hope things will turn out better this time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Los Angeles, California in the United States of America. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Honestly, I can't remember, but it started with watching some friend in elementary school play Warcraft 2, and then getting into WC3 in middle school. Something like that. I can't remember how I ended up here. Probably 'cause I'm a geek. Yeah, there you go.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Curiosity. I kinda went from server to server, always thinking that the last place was terrible, and that the new place might be better. Eventually, I realized that it's all the same wherever you go. But I got curious about what had happened to CotH, so I'm back to mingle.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Sythrivum has been my only 'epic' character, as far as the type to progress, grow stronger, have large ambitious goals. The rest of my characters are pretty small time, simple types. I prefer playing simple, practical characters with amusing flaws, and above all, I love being the underdog. Passive roleplay is cool with me, but if I can't have an adventure to pursue, I just can't look forward to roleplay. I figure that's what Warcraft roleplay is about, adventuring, getting into trouble and running away from certain doom in as comic a fashion possible. But that's just me. Or, alternatively, facing certain doom and somehow coming out in one piece. Or without having lost too many pieces. I'm rambling. Point is: I like simple characters and whacky adventures.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Night Elf Rogue will always be my favorite. I always found Kaldorei to be the best suited for an acrobatic and stealth-based character. I'm not really talking ninja, 'cause ever since Nagaku showed up, everyone seems to think night elf rogue = ninja and I seem to get that comparison all the time. Most of my stealth rp is founded on Splinter Cell. Anyway, yeah, that's my favorite. Though, these days, mages have started interesting me...

What are your expectations of this server?:

Nothing. I don't really remember a lot about CotH, so, yeah.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

It's a toss-up between Respect, Maturity and Tolerance. I always thought CotH was a little too strict in the past. Now, I think this is the level of strictness I'm comfortable with.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The heck, you want people to tell stories now? SHEESH. Okay. BE AMAZED AT MY STORY-TELLING PROWESS:

Quote:12:00 AM. It's 12:00 AM at a subway station somewhere downtown, in a city without a name. I'm sure it has one, but I can't remember what it is. That was the first thing I checked for when I got here, but I found no evidence of the name, or the city. The staircases leading outside are blocked by gates of iron bars, and locked from the other side. I can see a few skyscrapers outside, fading into the smoggy air of the night sky, but that's about it. I don't hear any cars. I don't see any people. It's dead quiet.

So, I've been sitting on a bench, along a lengthy row of benches. Mine is right beside one of the columns supporting the station. There were a couple newspaper stands in front of the column, but only one paper. I grabbed it a while ago. It must have been an hour ago, I think. Hard to tell, the watch on my wrist hasn't moved a tick since 12:00 AM. Yeah, it's been 12:00 AM for a while now.

When I read the paper, it all looked like gibberish. There were letters, words, coherent sentences, or so I presume they were, but I seemed to lack the knowledge to read them. Plain English, I think. It felt natural to see them, but their meaning escaped me. Triangle shaped letters, partially-curved letters, letters with legs and tails. The only thing I could make out was the picture on the front page. It was about some kid who jumped to his death, a suicide of some kind, I don't know. Funny thing,

The paper's under me, cushioning my seat against this stupid stone bench. Whoever built this place did a piss-poor job. I can't sit still, it's so hard. Almost feels numbing. The dim florescent lighting doesn't help much, either. The place is so cold, too, and for some reason, I feel like someone shoved a needle up my arm. I keep trying to scratch it, but the itch just gets worse, and my body feels a little numb, so I give it up. I guess that process repeated itself a few times, because the itch never goes away, and I've stopped paying much attention to my actions here.

Time feels like it's stood still. I never eat. Never sleep. It always feels like I'm dreaming, though, even though everything is perfectly clear to me. Come to think of it, this place might be a dream, but I never seem to wake from it. It's really starting to piss me off, I-

Wait... I heard a tick. Oh shit. It's 12:01. I think I hear a train... It feels so far away, though. I'm at the edge right now, leaning in to look over, and- Agh, f**k! f**k, f**k, fucking- I fucking fell in- Oh shit, there's the light, f**k I need to climb the hell out. Oh shit oh shit oh fucking God, I'm so sorry, somebody please help me!

Weird. I feel like I've been here before. I've got nothing better to do, so I check my watch again.

I got a little into it, so sue me. That's probably the only story you'll ever get out of me on this or any other WoW server.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm a little curious about a couple things, namely, sources of lore, class variations and their availability/use on CotH. Does the WoWRPG recieve any recognition in lore value, here, and are any of the classes (such as prestige classes, sure, but also some of the base classes) accepted here? Because, from the impression I've gotten, CotH seems to rely solely on everything out of WoW.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You are a n00b.

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy