Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zoralk's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I may be one of the few players who can remember when smite priest's were a viable source of dps, I remember when you needed to get keyed to SSC, and who could forget the days of glory before battle grounds existed. I have been around the block with this game since it's release and have done it all (RP, PvP, PvE, Etc). I got tired of the poor quality RP servers and even poorer expansion packs after BC, and have been on a hiatus from WoW since two days into Cataclysm. After a quick google search I decided to find a free server devoted to RP and decided to dive back in.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States so my english is bueno.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I grew up on Warcraft III and Diablo II. Rpgs have always been one of my favorite genres and this game exploded into a totally new experience for me.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I wanted a free server devoted to exactly what I expected from an RP server. That no longer exists on the provided servers and I'm not about to pay money to stay disappointed.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds. I am most familiar with tavern RP, but so far I haven't been bored while discovering other RP styles. I'm not going to lie I am not an expert by any means, I am still learning and would like to learn from people who are passionate about Role Playing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The Highborne story of total demise at the hands of greed is one of the best in the world lore, they are arguably one of the more dynamic factions as well. My favorite class has always been the Druid as it is the least one dimensional or "standard" class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Simply to enjoy myself. I really don't know what to expect, but I eagerly await an opportunity to explore the server and meet some of you.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role Playing is a MUST. It may seem like a silly response, but you would be amazed how lax other servers are when it comes to role play. Why else would I be here?!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Background noise fills the room.
I can hear the water flowing in the shower across the hall, and the gentle hum of this laptop fan.
The only thing I can't hear are my own thoughts. They are loud and conflicting.
Everything in my brain is a vague swirling fog, completely unclear.
As I stare at the screen I mindlessly attack the keys with my fingertips, the constant clicking makes it harder to focus.
I still cannot think of anything to type even as I search the expansive depths of my head.
Suddenly I freeze up and everything becomes slow, even the fan churns to a halt. No more noise. No more thinking. I am too immersed in the monotony of work.
My back aches from sitting on a bed instead of a proper seat. My shoulders are sore and heavy.
I couldn't tell you what's on T.V. right now, not that it would really matter.
I have one goal in mind, finish my story. It's a seemingly simple task, yet I feel like I have strained myself.
I contemplate what I want to say.
Have I said it, or would it even be possible to find the right words?
I sit up, arch my back suddenly and it releases the sound of relief. A brief cracking noise.
I feel wholly content with my presentation.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just hope people can help me hone up on some decent role playing skills. I would hope I'm not instantly condemned due to inexperience.
Hello mrgrimm55! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
YOU HAVE BEEN CONDEMNED!!!! (To sillyness)

I love it when new people come on, whether they be experienced or not ^^ Chu should look for me in game at some point, I got a feeling you'll be fun.

Hmm.. Yeah, Krest, Bormus, and Seena. If you want more details onto who they are, just pop on and find out ^^ Welcome buddy, I look forward ta rpin with ya.