Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Grid's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damn! Damn! I've posted without the necessary template! >.<

Disregard my previous post with a firm deletion, if you may. I'll follow the rules! (Just need to turn my attention away from this cheese and steak sandwich)

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

"A lot of people get annoyed when I just tell them 'It's really a matter of opinion', so I'll just put that aside. I'm a veteran of RP related communities, or at least a self-proclaimed one. I've seen admins turn on eachother in favor of scumbags that have no authoritive weight besides some server-based trolling and espionage against good friends.

I've hosted a server and watched it fall from the last of interest/willpower/backbone of admins that took off to another dying server.

I've played a dragon incorrectly and gotten a bad reputation from it.

And from it all, I've gained experience that won't let me fail quite so easilly. I'm both curious and cautious of how I go about my activities in a calm community, and I've found my methods rather more refined in the study and practice of a character. But mostly, I just love this steak and cheese sandwich.

Really though, what can I say about myself? I'm an addict of video gaming, I enjoy frequent RP, and I know my stuff when it comes to many forms of technology (Not including programming, but close future schooling will change that)."

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

"I'm from the United States of America. My native language is English."

How did you get into Warcraft?:

"To begin with? A pre-algebra teacher handed me a couple CD's for the game and a trial subscription. After my old computer's graphics card was fried from trying Wurm Online and I couldn't play properly in Tacoscript servers on Garry's Mod, a friend of mine suggested I get back into WoW for the RP side of the gameplay.

It's been a relatively happy existance then-on."

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

"Mainly due to the fact that I've just about played every other server and been disgruntled by the B.S. I've seen and taken alongside them. In all honesty, the only couple of reasons why I'm giving this server a chance before (again) renouncing my avid attendance of any forms of community based Roleplay, are Sythrivum being here, and the fact that he doesn't have a bad opinion about this community. And I've known to have faith in his judgement. (Get it, Syth?)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

"Casual, including tavern and 1 on 1 RP that develops the relations of two or more characters. I can't stand fight RP, especially when it's just going to harm the RP. Crowds are usually spent with a spotlight on the strongest/most interesting character, and events are the oposite of kat-nip to me."

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

"I'd say Worgen, but I understand there's some inbred biggotry against them for having fur and seeming to be a class based on Lycanthropy. Why? I like to play a character with conflicting interests.

My gilnean was a lazy worgen that stayed away from civilization, and craved adventure and dangerous environment. He was lazy and crude, but his heritage demanded kindness and gentlemanly behavior around ladies.

Can't say it was a passion for howling at the moon and yiffing."

What are your expectations of this server?:

"I'm expecting what I've come to find from the last few servers I've been around, but since Syth enjoys this server, I can't exactly say I'll spend the most of my time auto-walking around Stormwind, hoping for someone willing to RP to pop up on an OOC channel.

So...perhaps, rather idle. People I bump into randomly will probably interact with my character akwardly at first, and I can promise that I'll never enjoy another event for as long as the scenario of impending, world-ending doom hangs over the world and the most likely person to save everyone has all the attention stays the same."

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Wiki! Love browsing the mountains of text :V

I enjoy the guideline of Respect and Tolerance, so long as it's not unreasonable. I don't care much about the language of others (Save for repetitively used racial slang. Doesn't exactly get to me, but hey. 'N word N word N word!'...Pretty necessary and approperiate, yes? No.)

Maturity is a must in a serious environment, and I absolutely agree with the guideline of ensuring everyone is comfortable with the roleplay they engage in. Just the same, I'm open to just about any form of RP as well, although it's best to keep adult performances secluded.

I can't agree more with the following; 'You are not your character.'
Especially when people take offense to others OOCly for something a character does, within reason, ICly.

*turns down extremely cold air conditioner*

..Ahem. Acceptable keyboard skills is good. Especially grammar. Ah..oh! Humility! I've addressed my opinion of this previously, concerning event roleplay.

As for the reason, I agree to it all as well. Common sense will dictate the approperiate nature of behavior and such, and I'm quite aware that mine must be just as such."

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Oh, uhm. Skip? I don't care about rank when it comes to RP. I just want ENJOYABLE RP. (Unless it's military based!)"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

"If anyone here lives near an Italian Place in your town or city, be sure to try their Steak and Cheese sandwich. Best thing ever.

Plus I'd like to know if the bare basic of playing a Worgen character with the crummy 3.3.5a worgen models is possible. Faustus is the character I explained earlier, and I'm rather unsatisfied to leave him behind."

Feel free to copy and paste the template within the spoiler below; it comes pre-formatted with BBCode, so just type your answers under each question!

"Or I can just bold and quote my stuff while you sit there :E"
Hello Gridalien, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

*Sits here*

It's with an earnest smile that I say you seem like a pleasant person. It's a pleasure to have you here. I snagged a roleplay with Syth yesterday, and he seems as nice.

You could apply for a Custom Model Character (if you became a Grunt), but I'm afraid that we don't otherwise freely permit Worgen characters. Not yet, m'afraid. Perhaps in the foreseeable future, but Cataclysm emulation still has a long way to go.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.