Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: -The Red Glove-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: redglove.gif]

The Red Glove.

The organization names itself this way for a reason.

It hopes to reach over people and across the land as wide as it can.

It fits over blood-stained hands.

And you can never remove it

for nobody ever leaves The Red Glove.

SUMMARY

The Red Glove is a crime organization that dates back to generations before the Dark Portal in the kingdom of Alterac, with members coming from other human kingdoms across Azeroth. By the time of the Second War, they were among many employed by Lord Perenolde to assist the Orcish Horde, acting as spies and convoys. By the kingdom's fall, they built affiliations with the Syndicate, but this too fell apart by the beginning of the Third War.

By cutting their ties, they also cut access to resources to empower their organization. Now having gone past theft, mugging, and individual assassination, the Red Glove now resort to other criminal activities, such as coercion, fraud, embezzlement, enslavement, and mass murder. Since the fall of the Lich King, however, the goals of the Red Glove seem to have changed. Spies are employed to cover all major cities in Azeroth, and recently, they have begun spying on specific individuals in the Argent Crusade situated in Hearthglen.

The hands have seemed to change, and more blood shall spill for the Red Hand...

CHARACTER TRACKER: http://goo.gl/YSGKj

THE ORGANIZATION

Spoiler:
Members of the Red Glove are organized by ranks, and each position is given a code name. Ranks and positions are determined by the amount of trust The Boss and his immediate cronies have for these subordinates, as well as how much these members have contributed to The Glove. Starter positions are as follows:
  • Rat: Engineers and tinkers. These individuals tend to be slaves directed to maintain and invent for the Glove's war machines and weaponry. They are also in charge of maintenance of buildings and other structures for the Glove. Leaders assignd to Lab Rats are known as Rat Leaders. Opportunities to rise from this rank is given to when a Lab Rat invents something the Boss finds pleasing.
  • Flies: Information seekers and spies. They tend to be sent just to collect information and nothing else. Leaders are simply known as Fly Leaders. Opportunities to rise from this rank is given when a Hound finds information that gives the Glove a high boost in power over a determined mark.
  • Spider: Assassins and muggers, the muscles of the Glove. Leaders are simply known as Spider Leaders. Opportunities to rise are given when a major figure is killed.
  • Ant: Thieves. Self-explanatory. Leaders are simply known as Ant Leaders. Opportunities to rise are given when a very impressive loot is stolen and brought back to the Glove.

Individuals with a unique animal code signifies that this individual has risen to a respectable rank and position. Known members of the Red Glove with unique animal codes are:

*The Coyote: Haydee Herzog, a trickster, seductress, and thief. Started her career as a Fly and rose through the ranks through the Mongoose and the Serpent. Currently stationed in Hearthglen.

*The Raccoon: Aimee Herzog, Haydee's daughter. Earned her title nepotistically and is otherwise just starting her career as a thief. Travels between goblin towns but is recently assigned to Hearthglen to search for The Serpent.

*The Salamander: (???) Super spy and thief with his own impressive arsenal of tools. Location unknown. Played by Reese.

*The Peahen: (???) The Peacock's affliction warlock sister. Mission control. Location unknown.

*The Peacock: (???) The Peahen's shadow priest brother. Mission control. Location unknown.

*The Fox: (???) A warlock scribe, alchemist, and forger. Location unknown. Played by HelvetSong.

*The Toad: Arnaldo Gallo. The residential go-fer odd job man and recurring cannon fodder. Location unknown.

*The Mongoose: (???) Two individuals, known as the Elder and Younger Halves if they are to be referred to individually. Assassins, mass murderers, mission planners. Currently in Booty Bay.

*The Bear: Paolo-Gianni Rossi. A spy within the Stormwind Guard. Assassin and mugger. Currently in Stormwind.

*The Mouse: Alba Rossi-diGregorio. Defactor and a runaway. Formerly an informant and spy, now a mage in training. Currently in Dalaran.

*The Serpent: Dr. Geraldo "Dino" Perin, AKA Dr. Geraldino Galleani. Engineer, doctor, assassin, spy, and informant. Defactor and a runaway. Currently in Tanaris.

*The Tamer: AKA "The Boss". Communciates through letters to mission control. The Head of the whole organization. Location unknown.

Other members:

-Flies:

*Milo Thistle: Spy initiate and a warlock. May rise to the ranks.

Updated as more members are added.

THE LAMB AND LION CODES:

Spoiler:
LAMB:

Lamb codes are codes in which the Glove assigns to potential targets. Colors and titles are not mutually exclusive, as it is possible to have all color codes. The more colors assigned, the higher value the target has to the Glove.

Lamb: Target ("lambs for slaughter")
--Red Lamb: Target of assassination
--Blue Lamb: Target of kidnapping
--Gold Lamb: Target of theft
--Black Lamb: Potential danger

If the Lamb is to be kidnapped for the Glove's personal purpose, they are assigned as a Rat or Ant, depending on the individual. If the Lamb is trustworthy, they can possibly also become a Spider or Fly.

LION:

Lion codes are codes in which the Glove upgrades a Black Lamb to. Lions are recurring antagonists who threaten to take down the Glove, either an individual or the organization as a whole.

THE STORY THUS FAR:

Now you can read here: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...y-Thus-Far

CURRENT RED GLOVE MISSIONS:

Here: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...on=newpost

1.) Coyote:

++ Get a financial job. Aborted
++ Get a job and secure a place in Hearthglen. Completed. Working as a stable girl.
++ Locate the Hearthglen Armory.

2.) Raccoon:

++ Locate the Serpent.

3.) Salamander:

++ Locate and research Annabelle Greene. Completed
++ Steal Annabelle's schematics Or she can be kidnapped. Completed.
-- Awaiting next orders.

4.) Fox:

++ Forge a letter for the Hearthglen Council alerting Annabelle's absence as a planned leave.
++ Remove the lock glyphs and steal Anna's schematics

5.) Toad:

++ Accompany the Salamander in steal Annabelle's schematics. Or you can help kidnap Annabelle. Completed.
++ Accomapny the Fox in dismantling the turrets, removing locks, and tearing down glyphs.
++ Don't get shot.

KNOWN LAMBS (Player Consented):

1.) Annabelle Greene: Black, Blue, Gold. Now a Rat.
2.) Willard (Ural): Blue

KNOWN LIONS:

1.) Rija Silentshot (Psycho)
2.) Krest Fairstar (KageAcuma)
3.) Singerius "Singe" Narmolanya (DaveM)
4.) Barregis Jones (zenethen)
5.) Jidaeo Novalight (ThePharaoh)

JOINING THE STORYLINE

"Red Glove" storylines are intended to be for RPers who wish to have a recurring "good vs. evil" story of a different bend besides the more heavily lore-centered RP (though that isn't to say RG isn't lore-based either). It is also for players who'd like to have a more recurring crime story as our are either in-game or through Skype.

Because the Glove as an organization is bound by a story, by the time the story ends, it will be dismantled. Though temporary, the story at least guarantees that RP has a direction. For this reason, the story is specifically catered to individuals with free time as opposed to the traditional come-or-you'll-miss-it events. If players wish to drop out of the story, please inform me.

If you wish to join the story officially, please decide on a clear role: as a hero (a Lion), a victim (a Lamb), or a villain/antagonist (a Glove). You can have more than one character join.

For those who wish to become Gloves, the Guild will be made open for all to join. Either PM me or respond to the Guild Thread here: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...open-guild

Updated as the need arises.
The silent glare of the Kaldorei woman traced out the window as rain poured down unto the town of Heartglen. Donned in a mixture of the finest cloth and armor, her hands crossed behind her back as she grimaced in thought. The woman's brow was furrowed lightly, an unusual sight of her generous expression as she pondered in thought. Her thoughts were soon disturbed by the voice of another woman.

"Is something wrong, milady?"

Came another woman, this one donned in typical armor for the Darnassian sentinels. The sentinel gave a deep bow of respect to the Priestess, and refused to straighten herself as she held the bow.

"A friend of mine is in dire trouble..."

Rija began speaking, her voice considerate and concerned. She turned back to the sentinel and beckoned her to rise as she began walking inside the tower of Heartglen, her cloak swaying behind her as the Sentinel followed. The Priestess of the Moon stared about as they made their way to the entrance of the tower, where another 3 sentinels awaited Rija.

"I thank you all for the generous help you have provided me, but I will need some time of solitude. Please, consider yourself off duty and free to the options of Heartglen."

The priestess chuckled lightly and rolled her eyes.

"That includes the men."

A few sounds of suppressed laughter came from the sentinels, a few even giggling and blushing. Rija made her way inside, closing the door after her. As strong as the sentinel of her people were, she knew that in their hearts they were still women. Turning back to the window as she returned to furrow in thought, her hand rubbing her chin gently.

"Dr. Geraldino... My friend... I hope you remain safe from the time being... You have said you will repay my generosity tenfolds, but I never needed that... This Red Glove will obtain the punishment they so rightfully deserve, and I will free you and all other innocents that they have harmed in their reckless greed."

Taking her staff from the wall where it leaned in comfort, she tapped the end of it lightly against the wooden floor.

"I believe it's time for the gloves... To be drawn off."

*You have obtained one, Rija Silentshot, as the part of Lion!*
The Sin'Dorei seemed rather quite as he usually was, watching the city with a blank gaze. He had come to Heartglen as a scout for the Blades, reporting to Leron the activity that transpired between the Argents and the Scourge. He could go anywhere he wanted in the city itself, being a 'tourist' whenever there wasn't a mission to be done. But he still heard things. He scratched his chin, deep in thought. He knew little, but he had heard something along the lines of a crime syndicate.

"So it seems it would be time to begin ourselves huh.."

He glances to the two recruits beside him. They remain quite, save for nodding their heads. He lets out a light chuckle glancing about. The town was quite again, and he saw no reason to stay. He walks to the gate, to his 'steed,' petting his side.

"Ready?"

The mount nods and the corperal laughs, glancing at the recruits once again, his gaze soft.

"Mount up you two. It seems we have a new mission."

He climbs onto the back of his mount, haven taken out the gourd at his side and taken a sip. They three leave, heading back to Silvermoon where they would take a boat to the Isle. He glances back once more to the city, his gaze darker, more thoughtful. He knew something was going on, and he planned on getting details the next time he returned.

"I believe it's time to have the Blade's come out again. Let blue show instead of red."

*A new comer has arrived! Krest Fairstar has joined the Lion, but will he be the only one? More Blade's await, next time!*
This sounds like something a certain Blood Elf can get into. :) We'll have to talk.
A flash in the mage tower and Councilwoman Annabelle Greene comes striding out from the recall link, the appropriate scroll just turning to dust. She doesn't give but a nod to whatever mages she passes, on her way out of the doors, white long coat swishing behind her. Returning to Hearthglen after depositing Doctor Dino far from Hearthglen.

The Serpent is safe. For now.

She trots down the steps, flits her gaze back and forth once. Then makes for Mardenholde Keep. As she passes the stables, she only vaguely gives a rather attractive blonde woman laboring there a glance. It is hidden behind her goggles.

Seems we have a new stable girl. Nice view of the inn, Ma'am Herzog?

At the keep now, she flicks a salute to the two guards out front, still in her brisk, purposeful stride, tall boots hard on dirt and stone. They return a respectful nod to the odd young Councilwoman.

Black, blue, gold. Rat. Lamb. What am I, a chimera?

Not far off.

Finding an available desk, she tugs the chair out and sits heavily. She quickly starts to write on the available parchment.

I wonder how long it will be before they try something further against me.

Note written, she stands and hands it over to young boy at the ready.

Quote:Commander Dawnsend,

My island home was recently invaded. Nothing stolen (unable to break in), but the turrets were disabled upon firing by an electromagnetic pulse. The video feed shows a skillful little gnome ziplining over my ground security to take photos of the layout. A spy.

You recall the tip against Ma'am Herzog and my suspicions you let me act on by allowing me to watch her? She's smart enough to know I'm doing such (I successfully foiled her keeping an eye on repairs of a mechanical cannon), and I think an accomplice enjoyed the visit to my home.

She has currently rendered a job as a stable girl here, attempts at a financial position obviously failing. Good view of the comings and goings of the inn. Her daughter, Aimee Herzog, has come to town as well.

I will further keep an eye on her, but I suggest a sharper eye around the armory and the engineering. I cannot be everywhere.

Color me paranoid, but my instincts haven't developed from a void.

Light's wisdom,

Annabelle Greene

"Take this to Commander Dawnsend, quick as you can. Don't stop for anyone not an Argent." A soft smile, the goggles hiding her tired eyes.

She watches the boy dash off, the smile fading. A farewell nod to other occupants of the keep near her, and she strides out, hands stuffing in her long coat's pockets.
Hrodebert needs a storyline to get involved in. You can set him up as a Lamb with potential to become a Lion should the RG piss in his corn flakes bad enough (which they proooobably will).

This finally gives me an idea on what direction I would give Henry if I brought him to CotH, huuuuuurrrrrrr. We'll discuss in on Skype or something.
Updated the organization to add new members, Lions, and the Story Thus Far.
Fox completed her first mission. Letter was forged and sent.
A character tracker has been added. However, I don't know if the link is viewable. If it's not, please let me know.

The purpose of this tracker is to keep watch of Gloves, Lambs, and Lions played by all involved in the story.

EDIT: HURPDURP, apparantly not, even for me. Here: http://a.domaindlx.com/ImagenAshyun/RED%20GLOVE.doc
>she still uses domaindlx

Use dropbox's public folder, yo!
lol.
After a long and arduous conversation with Dr. Dino, a certain Barregis Jones could be heard snooping about some little topics here and there. All that might be known through contacts is that Jones sent teams into the Ruins of Alterac to find something to entertain him. What they found was confidential documents that remained since the Second War: Documents mentioning the Red Glove.

Contacts could be tapped, and it could be learned that Jones is seeking much information on the Glove, hopefully out of mere curiosity in the advanced world of crime that envelops Azeroth. Contacts are checked through, organizational troopers are cleaned, and the Treasure's Bane Company, and Jones's private network of assassins exploited; 'He's on the move' might be the only thing contacts are willing to say from fear of being eliminated painfully as an informant.

*I enter Barregis Jones into the fray, as a Lion in this little battlefront. I hope to see much fun happen in a war of subtle actions.*
A letter would reach the hands of Krilari Dawnsend via the hands of a friendly paladin courier, explaining that it's from a man that's interested in the case presented.

Quote:To Whom It May Concern,

I would like you to know this letter should be burned after adequate evidence is drawn from it, and all mentioning of it be kept discreet.

I am a friend, if you're wondering who I am. For now, you can call me Bane, if you ever return to this letter. I have information regarding one of your council members; A Miss Annabelle Greene. My informants and contacts have reported that she is 'off on vacation' or something of that sort. But the truth is more staggering then you might realize. Miss Greene was investigating a possible informant within your system when she was kidnapped by an organization known as 'The Red Glove'. This organization dates back to the Second War, Alterac's betrayal... They're a major organization with a major application of discretion. As I said before, Miss Greene has been kidnapped. It would be best that you Argents know that, at least.

However, I would like for you to do something for me; I am trying to help save Miss Greene in any way possible, and as such, I need this topic kept at the highest level of discretion. This information does not leave this letter, hmm? Anything that leaks from this piece of paper could jeopardize the safety of Miss Greene. Don't worry, however, as I have my network on the move for investigating the Red Glove, to rescue Miss Greene and take the damned organization down. It is my highest hopes that you Argents know how to handle subtle work, and do not burst into action within the hour. Your Crusade has been saving the world from dangers beyond count for many years. Now let the workers of subtlety help you against the dangers that plague your security. It's time we assassins paid you back for all the things you've done to keep our asses from being over-run with Scourge and Demons, eh?

Nonetheless, I hope to hear from you, and if you want any information regarding this topic, send it by only your most trusted couriers to an acquaintance of mine, Salmo West of the Western Cookery in Stormwind City. He will make sure it is forwarded to me, and I will respond as fast as possible.

Remember. This information does not leave your eyesight, and you are to burn it once you finish what you will with it. Also, the paladin bearing this letter has nothing to do with my organization at all, and should not be questioned.

Regards,
Bane

As is suggested, it is hoped that the letter is then burned, and no evidence left.
Here's another character tracker. Anyone can edit it, so I'm hoping no one defaces it, but this way individuals can change character information. That, and you don't have to download it every time you want to get an update on the characters. Unless it's just me on the mac where I have to download it...

http://goo.gl/YSGKj
Ah, thank you very much! I couldn't figure out how to make a google doc open to the public, but this is far much more helpful.

I thank you all for expressing your interest in this story. I've been approached for some questions I keep answering repeatedly, so I'll make it clear here:

Q: You have so many characters! Are you asking someone else to RP them for you?

A: No, actually, I'm not. I've DMed storylines since 2002ish, and the best way for me to get a story forward is to, literally, cover story bases in which plot progression is required EXCEPT "hero" roles. Anyone can be a hero, and the story moves forward as long as there is a hero. But if there is one thing I cannot stand about a story, it's when it stagnates not because there is no hero, but because there are no side characters or villains.

This is my main frustration with other crime/evil guilds, and for this reason, I control a big number of The Red Glove to guarantee that story will move forward should someone be bogged with real life on the evil side. However, I can always halt the story for anyone or at least slow it down should it go too fast.

Either way, I do look forward to more Gloves joining so that other RPers who wish for crime RP can have a story, as well as to provide for heroes a day to save. I thank you all for expressing your interests and I hope I won't let any of you down.

Feel free to use the character tracker provided by Beltharean (mwah, darling! <3) to update your characters. I'll change mine and alert updates as needed.

The Story Thus Far has been updated, as well as the character list, btw.
If I've missed anyone (and I know I have), please alert me.
Pages: 1 2 3