Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Applying Myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Alright! To be honest with you I have been out of the RP scene for quite a while. Most of my "formal experience" comes from the days of the Burning Crusade in a small guild on Twisting Nether. I was never one for the grind so I spent most of my days lounging around discussing current affairs with my guild leader, Oronos I believe his name was. Unfortunately I was playing on my brothers account and his time expired, by the time I got back in the game the guild had dissolved, thus ending my RPing for a long while. Lately though I have missed it, being able to sit down and actually immerse myself in a different world, so here I am.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
America and English. You say you don't want single lines in introductions but there is not much to deliberate on here, that is unless you want my life story.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As stated above, I used to play on my older bothers account while he was at work. We were both huge fans of Warcraft 2 so it was only natural we were interested in WoW. Even then I knew the game by itself would be rather boring so I chose an RP server, the rest -as they say- is history.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Google. Simple enough, right? I was looking for a good private RP server and this came up. It looks like plenty of effort has been put into this one so I feel like its worth a try. Obviously I need to put in a little extra effort and reacquaint myself with the lore a bit, but it seems like it'll be worth it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've only really done freeform "sit around and talk" type stuff but I expect this to be a learning experience for more "hardcore" roleplaying. Excuse me if I seem a bit...eh...under informed about some of the deeper intricacies of these things, as I said I hope to learn.
I expect to find myself a mentor, as I did in retail, that can guide me along my way. Or a guild that can back me up if i need assistance. I'll really need to see what habits I fall into.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
When I first played I experimented a lot with different races and classes, the only two that caught my fancy were the Dwarves and Blood Elves. Dwarves are an old standby when it comes to things like these, you wouldn't be wrong to expect deep caves, hammers, beards and surprisingly high ceilings. I have a soft spot for Celts and Vikings so these will always be on my list.
Blood Elves I find to be much more preferable to their woodland counterparts. Blood Elves are the epitome of class and sophistication, and contrasted by their horde allies it really makes them shine. But that high brow demeanor can give way to great intrigue if played right. They always seem to have something to hide, like a nobleman with skeletons in his walls. I really love that kind of stuff Y'know?
Classes... it pretty much comes down to anything that's not a rogue or warrior. Paladins are nice but that can also come with a whole load of RP baggage that you may not want for a character.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be split between laid back and hectic as all get out depending on who you hang out with. I try not to expect things when i really have no clue.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Heh, nice way of saying "You really need to read the rules."
I suppose the rules that help people avoid drama are the best, that kind of thing is all too common among RPers. The inclusion of the "know when to quit" rule is a breath of fresh air.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
nah. Maybe later if I plan on a Grunt position.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I guess I'm sort of interested in non-adventurer characters, are commoners...common? How easy is it to be a simple shop owner? Sometimes that's a great type of character to play.
Hello Eeptog! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Commoner RP isn't very common. Mostly because people try to find reasons for their characters to keep moving around on a regular basis as it's easier to get RP if you have a flexible character. One who can be pretty much anywhere, that is.

And, as a shop owner... Well, we wouldn't be able to give you a shop. But a wandering salesman is always welcome. You could always find an empty counter somewhere and use it, but the building itself will not be yours to claim, if that makes sense. If you take it to us GMs and give us a good concept, we may move NPCs out of the way for you so you can gain access to certain counters to play as an employee in certain bars, for instance. It has happened before.

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
Oh I almost forgot, are there any specific AddOns I should download before connecting to the server?
Nay! None that are required, but a lot of people (myself included) use TRP2. It's available in a compatible version to download from this website, actually.

Another AddOn I'd like to recommend is Elephant. Keeping logs is rather useful, and it can be used to catch up on rainchecked RP or simply save sessions you particularly like (though you should do it immediately as Elephant only saves up to a certain number of lines before they start deleting the oldest to give room for the new ones).