Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've always liked and preferred playing games with friends. While I am more of a PvE player, I've generally given up what I prefer to play in favor of toughing out PvP's, RTS, or other competitive-esque type game plays. What my friends want to do often supersedes my own wants, spending time and having fun with them is more important. I have always had a love of RP and RPG type settings as the idea of immersing yourself in a world and living a story has always been appealing. Even with RPing, I find playing with friends, or even making new ones through it to play with, has always been a great aspect to it all.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from the United States and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I had several friends who talked about World of Warcraft, playing since almost when it had first been released. The more they talked about it, the more it seemed like a fun game to join. We made plans on playing together and I rushed off quickly to purchase and install. The first step into the world had me hooked. The time spent being silly with and running quests with friends also had me hooked.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

A friend of mine had joined this site (applied and accepted). He specified how RP-oriented this was and it was something I always wanted to try. The quality of RP when I was on WoW left much to be desired and the fact this place offers a more structured and quality type of RP was a definite plus in its favor.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I prefer a "casual" story-telling type of RP, one that isn't solely based around continuous battle, fighting, and war type action. While I love having that be a part of it from time to time, if there's no interactions for character growth and such it doesn't feel like a real roleplay to me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race and class go somewhat in hand. Paladin are my favorite class, the idea of the righteous defender and healer of those who cannot do so themselves appeals to me. The idea of helping and supporting others is something I generally stick to in many games or RP situations. I am only now getting out of that schema with some roleplays elsewhere.

The draenei are my favorite race due to their affinity for the light (and by association/interpretation holy energies) and the magical aspects that can be used to shield and heal others. The air or presence they give off (at least in my mind) is something I have a pull too as well. On an aesthetic level they also are my favorite due to being able to select rich skin colorations and the presence of horns.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I am hoping that I will have an enjoyable experience roleplaying with friends and new faces a like. Roleplay that will not devolve into DBZ-esque antics or things akin to such.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The Rule of Humility is one I enjoy quite a lot from your rules. I have never really striven to be the center of attention, preferring to be secondary or support to a more important player-character. The fact you wish others to do the same to prevent everyone from attempting to be the star of their own adventure is appealing. The struggle for everyone to make themselves more important than the next is something I see and have seen far too often and it makes everything less fun to be around.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The child stared out from her alleyway at the hustle and bustle of the busy main street. She picked absent-mindedly at the dirt under her nails as she watched the imposing figures walk by. None paid much attention to this raggedy looking little girl, she was no more a piece of debris than the garbage that was strewn in the alley behind her. Her skin covered in dust and dirt made her appear as grey as the clouds threatening to rain overhead. Her hands occasionally outstretched in the hopes of a coin or two tossed her way, her life consisted of nothing more than begging and hoping she would make it to the next day.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

At this moment I do not have anything to add, ask, or want of clarification. I hope that should the need arise in the future that clarification and answers can be had easily.
Hello Coatlursa! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Good introduction!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
Many thank yous for taking the time to read my introduction-application, I hope it wasn't too much of a bother. I also give many thanks for the acceptance of said intro-app. I hope you have a lovely day!