Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shaman. (Spirit forms request)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Since it is lore wisely possible for a Shaman to turn into different kind of animals spirits.. Like a Tauren in one of his totem animals ETC. I would like to ask if there could be added items like the item [Ghost Wolf (Alt Form)] but
different kind of animals like a bear spirit ETC. At the NPC Kandur Kakazu.

What do you shaman players think about this? Worth the work or not?
(03-13-2012, 11:57 AM)hyenaskate Wrote: [ -> ]Since it is lore wisely possible for a Shaman to turn into different kind of animals spirits.. Like a Tauren in one of his totem animals ETC.

That's...not exactly what was said in the other thread.

This isn't really possible, given that the alternate ghost wolf form is a pre-existing spell that's identical to the normal Ghost Wolf in functionality. Even if lore-wise Shaman can turn into other animal spirits (which is either false or so rare as to never be practical for our purposes), it's not workable here.
A custom spell can't be added that has the same function as ghost wolf, but uses a different model?
That would involve having a patch, and we don't want to do that.
What if someone made it for you? *Genuinely curious*
It would still require a custom patch, no matter who made it.

EDIT: NINJA'D GRAK :3

EDIT 2: <3 GRAK
As said, it would require a patch, and we don't want people to have to use a server-specific patch in order to play on CotH.

EDIT: DANG IT, REIGEN.
Fair enough! :D
You could do it via an in-game item without a custom patch, but! As Grakor mentioned I'm pretty sure this is extremely rare or has a very small basis on actual lore.
You couldn't do it with an in-game item unless the spell already currently existed. Then we get back to requiring a custom patch.
Nah you'd just do a quick snippet of code that basically does what the GM command change display ID does, along with any scaling or limited special effects you wanted to do. It can definately happen without any use of spells (and thus in-game patches) as I've done it before on TrinityCore. You could also technically modify a pre-existing spell to trigger a script, but that'd be silly when you could just use an item.