Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings, everyone.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I really like any genre of games, as long as it has riveting, multithreaded plot, interesting characters and its own unique climate; the mechanics, no matter if that good or that bad, don’t have overriding importance to me. Even playing at non-role playing World of Warcraft servers, greater importance than level or skills had for me proper dressing of my characters, or if their name seems plausible for their races; I wasn’t doing quests for experience, I was doing it so common people could be free from Scourge.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the humble country at the end of the world, Poland; so, unsurprisingly, my primary language is Polish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I saw World of Warcraft for the first time being played by my friend few years ago, and I immediately fell in love with it. Since that time I scored some private servers, including RP ones, and played Warcraft I and II; never finished any of those, though.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Disappointed by low population on native RP servers, I decided to try on some international one, and, out of any I succeeded to google, your seemed to be at the highest level. By the way, it is the only RP server that I know which puts Horde before Alliance.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
High variety: from philosophical disputes with mug of beer, through merry adventuring on road, to romantic revenges. It doesn’t really matter, as long as it is a good one. As for organized events, I’m really in solving mysteries and detective puzzles. I also won’t despise some fierce battle.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Little, sympathetic, and, to my surprise, totally underestimated gnomes, as I always had soft spot for tiny clever races (probably thanks to Mr Tolkien); and Gilneans, doesn’t matter if human or worgen. Why? I happen to be huge amateur of Victorian Era, gothic fashion and steampunk.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Great time and many adventures with interesting people, of course. I hope for major attendance on various times of day, so there is always someone to adventure with. I also find it a perfect occasion to improve my practical English.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Strict verifications. Although it may daunt many potential players, but quality over quantity. Also (though it may seem obvious for role-playing server) requirement of knowing the World of Warcraft lore. I already had contact with Dalaran mage not even aware of what Kirin Tor is.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I’m going to save it for later, if you don’t mind.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really… But I beg for forbearance every time that construction of reasonable sentence during role-play will take me some time.
Hiya mate, welcome aboard! You'll be pleased to know that you've made it through the 'strict verifications' you mentioned. I'm Sol, and I'm here to tell you that your introduction's been approved. It's great to see another gnome fan because we seem to be few and far between (although I confess, Forsaken are my one true love).

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit with your English abilities, because this introduction struck me as highly eloquent and well-worded. In any case, there's plenty of people here who have a first language that isn't English, and a trend I've noticed in all that I know is that their grasp of the language seems to improve with their time here. Hell, I'm from England and I've become better at speaking and writing in English by being here, so take that as you will. :P

I heartily suggest you check out our wiki page if you're keen on finding out what kind of characters you might be RPing with. It might be a good idea for you to look at a couple of profiles on there, because it'll be a great help when you decide to write your own for the characters you roll here. Also on the wiki you'll find a handful of valuable pages, which are definitely worth a gander or two if you haven't read them already: our rules, policies, and a few frequently asked questions from our players.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to send me a PM on the forums or contact me in-game on my main, Jared (or any of the other characters you see in the spoiler tag on my sig.) I look forward to reading your story when you decide to write it. :) We're glad to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay!