Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rigley's PSA on Hearthglen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mkay, so. I'm the kinda guy who's really proud to be able to say that I work from lore-- if not always then at least most of the time. I like to keep most of my storylines grounded in events that have happened or do happen later, as something of a basis for things. As such, I tend to feel pretty set off by people who claim the stuff I do is out of line-- Dun Morogh had basis with the Dark Iron invasion of the Ironforge Airfield (and all their other incursions), Stonetalon was a storyline based after mounting tensions which explode in Cata, and Hearthglen...

Well, Hearthglen I didn't even take creative license with-- not until after the city was reclaimed. Yet three times I've been approached and told that my Hearthglen stuff is either unfair or wrong, since it is conquest based RP which will be undone whenever we hit a restart.

Allow me to make this post in order to clear up all of these gripes. Below are pictures of Hearthglen in Cata.

Hearthglen itself:
Spoiler:
[Image: Hearthglen1.png]

Spoiler:
[Image: Hearthglen2.png]

Spoiler:
[Image: Hearthglen3.png]

Northridge Lumbermill:
Spoiler:
[Image: Hearthglen4.png]

Dalson's Tears:
Spoiler:
[Image: Hearthglen5.png]

The moral of this post: Please check your own research before telling someone else to check their own.
Essentially, you guys are taking the liberty of laying the foundation for the status of Hearthglen and the surrounding areas when the events portrayed in the Cataclysm expansion occur. We just don't get to see how they came about in the games.
Word.

You've been doing a great job Rigley.

Also, this little robot peeking over the bottom of the picture is the most adorable thing ever.

(03-17-2012, 02:24 PM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler:
[Image: Hearthglen3.png]

You've been a great friend and a great man to work with in this storyline Rigley, don't let anyone have you think otherwise.
You're doing a fantastic job with Hearthglen, Rigley and Krilari. Keep it up.
...really? People are giving you grief because you didn't decorate the city correctly?

That's honestly quite ridiculous. You and Kril are doing an amazing job. You shouldn't take meaningless complaints like those too hard.
Rigley.

Don't let anyone get you down. Hearthglen is pretty neat, not perfect but hey.. no one and nothing is perfect.

Spoiler:
Rigley is pretty cool guy, eh just does stuff and doesn't afraid of anything.
Not like we're gaining anything beyond getting a cata city a bit early! Not to mention this way players get to have said they took part in the effort to reclaim the city. It's an awesome zone as well!

You did an awesome job with decorating it as well!

*waves around lil' Hearthglen flags."
Don't second guess yourself, Rig. Do this sorta thing for your own entertainment, and let anyone who says "Boo" to you about it go about their not so merry way.

(03-17-2012, 03:27 PM)Rensin Wrote: [ -> ]Don't second guess yourself, Rig. Do this sorta thing for your own entertainment, and let anyone who says "Boo" to you about it go about their not so merry way.

Pretty much this. When you're building or adding something, there's really no way to do it 'wrong', because it simply was not there in the first place.

The only time when complaints are valid is when it applies to some precedent in which case the previous variant was better. Someone else ever try to represent Hearthglen on CoTH and did it better? I think not.

As such, I approve.
Wait, people are complaining about Hearthglen?

Why would you even do that.
(03-17-2012, 06:22 PM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, people are complaining about Hearthglen?

Why would you even do that.

As I understand it, most of the complaints stem from it being a double-standard, considering our general rules against guild bases. The point of this being that it's an exception, given it's a "base/conquest" that's directly within WoW lore. We just put down a definite point in time for it.
I personally think these are things that should happen more often. It moves a story forward and effects a lot of people. Its offered good RP, and everyone talks about Cataclysm but...are we even getting it. It seems unlikely. So why does it matter what is going on in Cata?
We'll likely get it sometime in the future. Cata matters because it sets boundaries of what can safely be done to avoid another restart.
(03-17-2012, 07:05 PM)ThePharaoh Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think these are things that should happen more often. It moves a story forward and effects a lot of people. Its offered good RP, and everyone talks about Cataclysm but...are we even getting it. It seems unlikely. So why does it matter what is going on in Cata?

Well, actually Cata seems to be a pretty definite thing. The only question is when, since the progress seems to be pretty slow. Kret is looking into a cata core and trying to test with one though, so we -will- inevitably get it.

Also! Grakor pretty much summed up the criticisms this was aimed at; thus why I posted pictures to confirm for those who don't know.
Pages: 1 2