Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello,

My name is Michael. I just want to use this space to give a bit of a background of how I got to where I am as a gamer and as a role player. Basically, the majority of my gaming roots, especially from a role playing base, is rooted in Dungeons and Dragons -- primarily from the computer game Neverwinter Nights.

I've been a general computer gamer most of my life, but the allure of role play has always added that extra 'something' to gaming for me; it's added a spice that isn't found anywhere else. It's like when you get the chance to let someone else build a stage, and then you're asked to partake in the play, but the overall story isn't set in stone, and you're given a lot of freedom to dynamically influence the overall theme, atmosphere, plot arch, etc.

In other words, you get to have the opportunity which invites a personal, lasting and influential impact on the stage that has been laid out before you in a meaningful way.

Without making this sound TOO dry, most of my roots in what I consider etiquette as a gamer, as a player and ultimately as a role player, is from that foundation. In other words, I tend towards more of a structured set of guidelines, but with the option to be able to bend those guidelines in order to facilitate the story or entertainment of everyone involved.

Just for the sake of feeling the need to explain myself here, I'm not always this verbose. Laugh

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the USA, and I primarily speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Funny enough, I was about 12 years old when Warcraft 2 came out, and I used to play the demo of it on my really, really old Pentium 133MMX computer. I also played WoW for a year back when it was released, and dipped my toe back into the game here and there thereafter.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I actually Googled for a role play, private WoW server, and your webpage/server listing was the first one that came up. After reading through the documentation provided, I felt it was a good choice for the experience I'm looking for, and so here I am. :P

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I prefer roleplay that is guided within guidelines, but allows for a lot of impromptu, improvised and intellectually stimulating scenes. I approach role playing from the perspective of making my character feel, as much as I am able, as a part of the world itself which he/she is interacting within.

In that sense, I don't want to say I take it very seriously, or strictly stick to any rules -- because that's my style so much; rather, I prefer a large sandbox with guidelines to allow me freedom to sculpt my character while still maintaining a strong sense of realism within the environment they reside within.

Also, based on my history of games that have more of a direct involvement of 'greater powers' (i.e. Dungeon Masters), I do also LOVE DM guided events. These events can be anything from the smallest of things to large, world shaping disasters, etc. However, I feel that they add a sense of realism to help my character interact with the environment in a way that makes the character feel alive and that they have a say in what takes place around him or her.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Personally, I love the Foresaken the most. Artistically/visually, they are one of the best represented races within this game. From a role playing standpoint, they have A LOT to offer, as a race, in terms of developing more 'secretive' or 'back stabbing' type of dynamics. Albeit they aren't limited to that, but they do have that more 'twisted scientist' or the 'mad scientist' flavor to who they are.

My favorite is a toss up between the Mage and the Priest. From a gaming mechanics point of view, I love both classes equally, as they provide a lot of enjoyment from a stand back, tactiticious area. That is, they provide utility and the option to fill other roles within the group dynamic if need be -- the priest filling that much more in a hybrid sense than the mage of course.

From a role playing perspective, the Mage provides my favorite arena. In D&D I normally played a Wizard (or Wizard-based) character primarily. To me, that role is easily entertained by the Mage. My 2nd choice, from a more 'spiritual' aspect of role playing, falls to the Priest, and the Druid, but for the sake of this introduction I'll stick with the priest to keep it as simple as possible.

Bottom line, I really feel like I want to play an Undead Mage. Laugh

What are your expectations of this server?:

I have an open expectation about what I feel I want out of this server. However, what I feel I would like to get from this server is a flexible, open and engaging role playing community that enjoys exploring the depths of the what the Warcraft world has to offer.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I wouldn't say that any rule in particular stands out among the rest, but rather, I enjoy the fact that the entirety of the rules appeals in a general sense to provide guidance and courtesy to the environment. What I mean is that while no rule stands out as something extraordinary, what appeals to me out of the rules altogether is that they flow well together and nothing stands out from the rest. That level of completeness is a good thing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

...As the dust began to clear, I opened my eyes to a besieged view of decaying corpses, mangled limbs, decimated foliage and the remaining daylight dimming behind a smouldering peak. The ash snowed heavily from the sky as night began to paint the landscape in a shade of shadows, and that's when I felt the pain deep within my chest. As I grasped for air, for the deep connection to life, I felt as if every attempt to fill my lungs was an agonizingly, desperate cry for help to the very spirit that animated my body. With my ability to remain conscious quickly fading, I kept darting my vision from one detail to the next, trying to regain any recollection of where I was, what had happened, and most importantly, what to do next. It was in that moment that my vision was fixated a tall, dimly lit figure standing between me and what remaining light was quickly vanishing. I had never felt such panic deep within the core of my being as this moment, and I relished every second of the cold stare that peered into the crevices of my fleeting identity.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No not really.
Aaah, welcome to Conquest of the Horde! I am Sachiko and I am here to tell you you have been approved! Won't hurt to double check our rules and policies before you get hooked up with your nifty in-game account! Feel free to poke around our lovely Wiki, and for any questions you can check our FAQ or send me a PM!

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!
And I'm sure many people will enjoy another Forsaken to enter the ranks. They've been becoming quite popular as of late.