Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Ember of Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: emberoflife.gif]
(Many thanks to Piroska for providing the awesomely animated banner!)

"Such is the charge of the Red Flight, to guard all life from the smallest insect to the tallest giant... We are the guardians, the keepers, the mothers who watch carefully over their children. For too long we have been idle, high atop Wyrmrest as those beneath perish at the hands of the Scourge.

Arthas may be dead, but our struggle is not. It is time for us to rise, my friends, my kin, rise and fight for what is right in this tainted world! Upon our crimson wings, we will come to tear down the walls of Saronite, to reclaim the ancient keep that had fallen to the damned.

My Brothers and Sisters, we march. To Wintergrasp!
"

-Terastrasza

You stand atop a lifted hill, peering out into the darkness of the forests that surround you. The recent travel had been a bit of a blur, really... By portal, by flight, by ground... you don't quite remember, but all about you seem to be a few others just as confused as you are. You slowly approach one of the many campfires dotted about the lifted platform, and as you do a number of armor-clad elves turn to you. Despite their appearance, by their tabards alone you can tell that not is as it seems.

One of the elves breaks from the rest, making her way over before sparing a nod.

"So you're here to help the cause? Good, because we have some work to do."

The OOC

'Lo everyone. This is the official storyline thread for the Red Dragon Terastraza as well as any of the Red Dragonsworn that work under her. On this thread I'll be posting dates and times for the events surrounding this storyline and should any of the Red Dragonsworn wish, they're free to post any sort of IC post for their character being called to service.

Notably, this storyline is open to everyone, you do not need to be a Dragonsworn to partake!

The Events

Chilled to the Bone - With a small force gathered, the Dragon Terastrasza gathered her forces about the Steppe of Life. There the mortal group was given their task, to see to the end of the necromancers within the Forest of Shadows. Through long and difficult combat, the group had managed to slay all the presnt necromancers, though not without the final one being able to revive one of the massive dragons that laid dormant in the forest.

The newly risen frostwyrm flew off on its own, sending the group fleeing back to cover at the Steppe of Life. Now they hole themselves there, once more waiting for the dragon's call to arms.

Let Fire Guide your Sight - With heroic forces gathered once more, Terastrasza introduced them to the next target of the Red Dragon's Crusade, the Shadowsight tower. Such has been the ultimate source of Scourge that had come to plague the forest of Shadows.

With strong arms and silver tongues, the mortal forces managed not only to fight, but to negotiate their way to the top of the tower where they locked into combat with one of the Vrykrul Lieutenants.

The Spark of Life - A small abandoned workshop, seemed simple enough, right? After dismissing what few guards the Westspark Workshop held, the gathered heroes found themsleves assailed from all side by Scourge forces. In a five-round slugfest, the heroes came out atop, even after facing the massive forgemaster and his titanic wrath!

Winter's Talon - With the aid of machines, the gathered heroes ventured off, coming unto the middle tower as well as the wounded Terastrasza. While the broodmother was retrieved, the champions marched on, bringing their siege weapons up and against the wyrm raised weeks ago. While many machines found their doom at the hands of the freezing breath of the wyrm, the heroes rose to the challenge once again and came to knock the winged beast from the skies.

The Ring of Fire - The land itself has begun to rise up against the Scourge. the spirits of fire had poured over the Flamewatch tower, dismantling its entire defense only to be halted by a magical shield produced by the scourge. Inside they would come to dismiss the minions inside, reaching the top to find a mysterious Lich at its peak. While the Lich fled, he left two monstrous Wrights in his wake.

Temple of the Damned - After a long stalemate between the zealous Red Dragonflight and the vicious Scourge, forces had finally been called in once more to aid, though this time in a more covert operation. The heroes set out on their way to the Scourge Holding in The Broken Temple outpost. using poorly-guarded bombs they strategically set the entire encampment ablaze in a blaze of glory.

Who Needs a Horse When You Have Guns? - The Steppe was alive this week as the heroes gathered. Constantly supplies were being shifted about. Soon it would become apparent to them what was happening- the siege of Wintergrasp Keep was beginning. Armed with massive siege weapons produced by the reclaimed workshops, the heroes brought the fight to the Scourge, demolishing legion after legion of scourge ranks.

At the end of their efforts, the group made their way into the inner holdings of the keep, using a boon given to them by Terstrasza to defeat the magmawyrm that laid in wait for them. Now they rest, waiting to crack the lock on the door to the inner most sanctum.

Sanctum of the Mind - Scheduled for June 27th @ 3PM server time!
A remind that event number one, Chilled to the bone, will begin tonight at 5PM Server time!
How long do you expect this to go on?
The event itself? An hour and a half would be perfect.

As for the entire storyline?

Eh, a long time.
Hmm, I -might- appear for the event. Got the day off tomorrow as well but don't want to disrupt my day-cycle.
Updated with tentative event time as well as a synopsis of the previous event!
Event #2 - Let Fire Guide Your Sight is on for tonight at 5 PM servertime!
Event #3 - The Spark of Life scheduled for 5:00 PM, April 4th.

As a small request aside, if you guys have any sort of feedback for these events or anything I do in general, feel free to follow the link in my signature to provide much-needed feedback!
My apologies for the absence on this, everyone.

The Ember of Life events will resume this coming Wednesday (April 18) at 5Pm server, I held off hosting anything this week because of the ever-lovely Kidnapped: 4 Ever event.
There's an event tonight for 5 server, this post is an interest check since attendance has been overall... Light o say the least.

Are you all having fun with this storyline still? Is there anything I could do better?
I enjoyed it when I was able to come! I'll try my best to make it tonight.
Interested, but don't want to stick Anna in battle right yet.
Mathieu's herpderp is always ready!
c0rzilla Wrote:Interested, but don't want to stick Anna in battle right yet.

Of course, but the events are open to any and all, not just Dragonsworn.
I know, just haven't decided if I might use someone else.

Perhaps Orvisha...hm...
Pages: 1 2