Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Keldron's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a college student first and foremost, so I feel as though I should state that my education takes priority over everything. Aside from that, I played World of Warcraft for about four years, two of which I spent heavily involved on a role playing server (Moon Guard from roughly 2007-2009). I think of myself as a very kind, understanding, and patient individual, and I'm more than willing to help out people who are new to the concept of role playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the U.S., and my primary language is English!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As a kid, I was raised on a heavy dosage of Blizzard games, Lord of the Rings, Zelda, and D&D. Warcraft has always been one of my favorites, as I'm a huge medieval fantasy geek. After playing the RTS games, WoW just seemed like a natural next step!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
After taking an extended break, I've decided that I'd like to come back to play WoW in a more casual, RP-centric setting. After browsing the web for assorted private RP server, CotH seems to be the most active/promising-looking server with a strong community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
A better question would be the kind I don't enjoy. However, I'd have to say that my preference lies in criminal syndicate-based stuff. My character on Moon Guard ran an illegal drug cartel/production plant in Stranglethorn Vale, and was heavily involved in a mafia-type organization that profiteered from gambling, gladiatorial matches, robberies/heists...All that good stuff! I'm also very partial to political RP, such as the ins-and-outs of Quel'Thalas' various Elven Houses, or the nobles of Stormwind. I find it all extremely engaging and interesting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Undead Rogue, without a doubt. Besides the fact that my old main was a character in this category, I feel like the combination gives a character the potential for some true deviousness. The self-centered attitude of a rogue mixed with the cynical, jaded perspective that so often comes with Forsaken is a great starting point for a character to evolve from.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to meet a wide variety of roleplayers, and hope to get involved in the server storylines and develop new/interesting characters. Pretty basic stuff, but I'd essentially say I'm looking for the same kind of thing I was looking for on a retail RP server, just without the gankers/spammers/trolls.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the fact that PvP is free-for-all across the world, and the regulations and rules that you've placed on it to prevent ganking are great. One of the things I always disliked about the retail servers was that bickering with a member of your own faction, especially in a major city, ended up taking that "I'll meet you out on the playground after class" tone, due to the fact that you'd have to set up a duel and go through all that crap.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Keldron Therrand sat out on the balcony of the Booty Bay inn, watching the multitudes of people passing below him. He looked over to an orc sharing the balcony with him, who'd put his feet up on his table, next to the half-drunken mug of ale he'd bought, and had a hat dipped down over his eyes to block out the glaring sun. Keldron struck a match on the bottom of his boot, and lit a tightly-rolled swiftthistle cigarette that hung from his rotting lips.

Pushing himself up, he walked over to the orc and tapped him on the shoulder, still keeping his focus on the crowd below them. The orc sat up suddenly with a loud grunt, giving Keldron a rancid, vile glare.

"You got a reason for wakin' me up, zombie?"

Keldron simply pointed down to a lone Dwarf with a long, red beard. "I've seen you aroun' gamblin' in some'a th' underground rings." Keldron said. "How much you care t' bet I kin hit that poor sonuvabitch with a throwin' knife square in th' back of 'is bald 'ead?"

The orc's expression changed from blank to intrigued. "You either got a lotta guts, or you're just a damned idiot. But, hell, no harm in removing one more Dwarf from the world. Fifty gold says you can't do it."

Keldron peered at the orc and grinned. He hadn't exactly "noticed" the orc in the assorted underground gambling rings he frequented, but rather observed him closely for a few months, noting how cocky he was with both his bets and sense of luck. A perfect target to appear to as a stranger with a good amount of loose coin.

Pulling out a small throwing knife from a harness on his belt, Keldron lazily took aim at the Dwarf. The orc grinned, obviously reveling in Keldron's apparent inability to aim. Without warning, however, Keldron quickly flung the knife into the Dwarf's skull, prompting the small man to fall onto his face with a grunt, and a variety of panicked onlookers screaming for guards.

Keldron turned to the orc and smiled. "What was it y' owed me, again?"

The orc stood up, his temper flaring. "Far as I'm concerned? Jack shit." he said as he stormed off down the stairs.

Keldron stood, waiting, viewing the chaos. He felt a sense of fogginess wash over his brain, a bit of rage at being played by the orc. However, he stopped and grinned to himself as he saw the orc walk out into the crowd below.

"THERE 'E IS! THA'S TH' GUY WHO KILLED THAT POOR DWARF!" he yelled in what Common he could remember, pointing at the orc. The orc looked up at him and attempted to raise a finger at Keldron, but was quickly tackled by Booty Bay guards and angry onlookers.

With that, Keldron snickered to himself, took a final drag off his cigarette, and went down to get another pint of ale.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Only one thing: I have WoW, BC, and WotLK, but not Cataclysm. Just to make certain, I do NOT need to have Cataclysm to play on the server, correct?
Hi Keldron! I'm Sol, and I'm here to tell you that your introduction has been approved. On behalf of the staff and the community, welcome aboard. Your story was a joy to read.

To answer your question - no, you most certainly do not need Cataclysm to play on Conquest of the Horde! We've been on Wrath of the Lich King more or less since the expansion was released, and while there are rumours milling that we might be upgrading our core to Cataclysm, there's nothing official confirmed. If that does happen, rest assured our kind, benevolent overlords with red names will provide us with means to upgrade that don't involve buying the game.

If you're wondering where to get started, I read your intro and thought of a few guilds that might suit your tastes. If Thalassian politics is how you like it, the honourable, ancient Novalights, corrupt, conservative Seregons and the liberal upstart Silverfangs might be of interest to you. If you're looking into criminal RP here, there's a few gang guilds here and there (including, amusingly enough, some bikers) but I notice your main character's Forsaken (praise Sylvanas!), so Jonoth's vicious crew of undead pirates might be worth looking into. Of course, I heartily encourage you to do your own digging to find a guild that suits you, or hell, start your own if you find currently existing ones lacking. :D

You should also have a look at our wiki to see what sort of characters have already been approved here, and to help you write your own profiles when the time comes. The wiki also contains our rules, policies, and sine frequently asked questions, if there's anything you're uncertain about.

If there's anything else, drop me a line on the forums via PM or whisper me in-game on any of the characters in that spoiler tag in my sig, and I'll be happy to answer your questions. The same goes for the rest of our GMs and FHs.

Enjoy your stay! :D
Much thanks, Sol! And especially so for the kind words and info! Look forward to seeing you guys on the other side! :)