Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello, I'm rebekah.
I guess you could say i was born a gamer. I was raised In a game friendly environment, and my parents worked on an old play station game at the time. This may sound fabricated but, The first words i ever read were off an old dream cast game called fur fighters, those words were "Loading".
I became interested in Role playing when i had to be home schooled due to my health. I was lonely and found out about forum role playing. That's where i started.

I got bored with forum role playing, and took up playing MMO's.
I'm a role player who is focused on building a story, and adding other people to the story and having the environment and situation form the story.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the U.S, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

One night, my mom bought the lord of the rings DVD set, and we watched them all. That's when i got interested in Fantasy MMO's. I found WoW and started playing. However i grew tired of all the "Vampire/wolf/princess" role players. so i quit WoW and began looking for a private rp severer, dedicated to rp.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I began searching for an active private rp server, due to the fact i was fed up with all the changes blizzard made, and how they threw lore out the window.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy role play that includes every one around your character. A role play that shapes the story of your character.I view role playing from the perspective of making my character feel, as much as I am able, as a part of the world itself which he/she is interacting within. Such as, if my character encounters a critter, he or she will notice and interact with the critter.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race? hm... that's a hard one. I would have to say either, night elf, forsaken or troll. I respect the night elves for the ferocity ad harmony. The forsaken are ruthless and trying to build a new life for themselves, and Sylvanas Windrunner is my favorite character from lore, and trolls have a mysterious, enchanting feel about them. My favorite class is druid. Druid's have the most unique aspects to role play.

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations of this server is, to find dedicated role players, and provide a role playing environment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Out of all the rules and regulations, I would have to say, the qoute from the Language section, "We also request that things like OOC politics and religion not be discussed directly on the server or forums. There are plenty of places to have intelligent conversations about these topics on the internet, and we have no interest in the OOC drama it inevitably breeds." appeals to me. One of the main problems i have with rp servers were people not knowing the place for OOC.

And the qoute, "In addition to this, all players are expected to have a character concept that makes sense within the context of Azerothian history." appeals to me. I cant even tell you how many "sons" or "daughters" or Garrosh i encountered.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

She hung to the cliff, her fingers slowly slipping. "Are you going to help me you horrifying abomination, or are you going to just let me fall to my death?!" I looked down into the eyes of the human I once called "friend". Her eyes were out lined with fear. I could tell she hated me and she knew i wouldn't save her, but she was going to fight for survival. Her black hair blew around in the breeze. She didn't remember me, or rather she didn't recognize me. "I would watch it if I were you, human scum, our little, how would you say it...." I tapped my bony finger against my exposed rib, then glanced down on the human hanging off the cliff with a smirk on my face. "Our old little "friendship" hangs merely on threads. I wouldn't go around insulting the only person who can save you from falling off this cliff. A very poor decision on your part. To think i once associated my self with the like of you" the human girl looked up at me, her fingers about to slip. "what do you mean, I don't know you!! I have never encounter the likes of your kind until now, when you raided our village, our town and our homes, slaughtering us all!!" tears began rolling down her cheek. I felt a smidgen of pity arise within me."You don't remember me? how sad....I though you would remember all the times we would visit the creek, or the times we would collect flowers for your mother. how unfortunate for you, Isabelle." Isabelle let out a scream, fallowed by sobs. " Is that you...? What did they do to you! what have you become! I refuse to believe it...you couldn't have...it cant..." I let out a grin. "What? I can't be a forsaken? An undead? an unholy abomination? well I am, and the life i lived before death was meaningless, this life, this cause, is now my life. I will fight for the forsaken, I WILL carry out the will of the forsaken" I reached down, grabbing the locket i had come to the village for, the locket Isabelle had always carried around with her. "Now, dear old friend, I am terribly sorry, but...if Sylvanas wishes for the destruction of this village, and the people to arise as new undead, then i must carry out my task. Farewell, Isabelle" I kicked her fingers, and watched her fall off the cliff, as i held the locket in my hand, feeling the remaining warmth it held.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Thank you for your time!
Hey there, I'm Sol! As my snazzy purple name indicates, I'm a Forum Helper here on CotH, and I'm here to tell you that your introduction has been approved!

I quite enjoyed your story, although it seems like a mere snippet of something grander. It's great to see another deader enthusiast climbing aboard - I happen to be a Forsaken fanatic who plays a Forsaken fanatic as his main who's in a guild full of similar Forsaken fanatics, so it's kind of my area. xD You seem to have a very focused, dynamic style of play as you describe it, so I'm sure you'll get on just fine here.

In any case, I recommend that you check out our wiki so you can get an idea of the sort of characters already out there today. Looking at some profiles will also help you write your own. :D Also, that's where you'll find a load of valuable pages, which are definitely worth a look: our rules (always good for a refresher!), policies (same), and a few frequently asked questions (very useful).

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to send me a PM on the forums or contact me in-game on my main, Jared (or any of the other characters you see in the spoiler tag on my sig.):) We're glad to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Welcome to CoTH! :D