Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Booty Bay Bruisers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I hope this isn't another failed GM Suggestion... Whatever. I like to Roleplay alot in Booty Bay, 4 characters who are associated. Stranglethorn is a major RP capital in CoTH. Basically, the heart of Crime, Piracy and Bikers of course. Also mercanaries and other types of characters that get involved in physical combat. I think there is too many Bruisers. You can't throw a punch without someone saying
"just noting there are like seventeen Bruisers that are looking at us." Kind of bugs me alot. I thought this would be a good suggestion, along with other RP centers that aren't huge RP centers. Its a pet peeve of mine when they say "Note there are two guards right beside us, so I can just call them. - Or I advise you don't do that" that kind of thing. In real life there isn't a policemen right beside you 24/7... It'll be awesome, in my opinion. If you guys could take some of these Bruisers out. :cheer:
In real life? Nope.

But, the guards are there to prevent metagaming, and general chaos. If they weren't there, people would be badgering the GMs (more than they do) to come puppet them, or dragging GMs into arguments, yada yada.

That's my interpretation, anyway.
Considering the nature of Booty Bay, I don't think that the bruisers would nitpick over small things like punches or small bar fights. The times I would see them stepping in and actually stopping something is if property is getting damaged, or something huge like limbs being lopped off and blood spraying all over the place, scaring people off.
The bruisers are there for the reason that we -don't- want conflicts in the city. Cities are supposed to be a safe spot to RP in without conflict outside of events because not everyone is interested in conflict. If you want to hurt another character, get them outside the city, if they don't go outside then you have to accept that you can't harm them without the bruisers doing something about it. Just because the city is low in morals doesn't mean that goblins would like people scaring away business with punching, killing and what not.
Basically, as 90%+ of the world has no enforcers - People are in the spots where they do have them because they're more comfortable RPing with enforcers.
No.

Personally the fact that that the bay is such a crime hub to begin with would be a reason for so many guards. And you have to remember, many of the questionable organizations in the bay are actually steamwheedle sanctioned.
Well, thinking of it like that. Rigley has a point. But Reigen, I wasn't talking about killing someone in the Boardwalk of Booty Bay, never mentioned something like that. Just a simple punch people are like OMG YOU PUNCHED ME THERE ARE GUARDS AROUND HERE IDIOT. Kind of thing. ^_^
If that is the issue, I suggest you speak to them about communication, rather than the issue of guards.
Okay.