Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello all~

I am a veteran of gaming, even since the 90s, in the days were Warcraft 2 and Red Alert were the two top RTS games :D
I enjoy the story in a game, and that's why I end up mostly playing single-player games, RPGs in particular.
I first started off in RPing on Furcadia (even though I'm not a furry :P), then moved on to some ERPs sites, where I grew my skills from a 1 line RPer to a para+ in live RP, and multi para through email.

I'm told I'm a nice guy, with a silly sense of humor (And I disagree with both :P) I love hanging out with friends, having both intelligent conversations, and also completely silly and humorous one. I hate reading, unless it's something of interest to me, in which case I'll read again and again! (Read: Games lore wiki)

If you need to know more, you're going to have to get to know me better! :3

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Lebanon. My primary language is Arabic, though these days I'm speaking more English than that, even gotten to the point where I think in English <.<

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As I mentioned earlier, I started with Warcraft 2, and its expansions, then Warcraft 3 and its expansions. I never tried WoW, mainly due to the lack of time that an MMO required.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A good friend of mine, who is already on this server, recommend it. It's why I was drawn to this server, alongside it being an RP server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I mostly do ERP.. but I want to change that, and hope to play more story based, clean RPs, which I hope to do here~

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei! If you are into ERP you'd know why! The reason is too vulgar to mention here though, since I noticed the application will be posted on the forum, and thus be read by under-aged people. >_<

What are your expectations of this server?:
Having fun RPing with friends, and also trying out WoW, which I never did.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity.. Because to me it includes most of the other rules as well, such as humility and respect. It's nice dealing with levelheaded, reasonable people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A veteran warrior of many skirmishes and campaigns, this mercenary had been through it all. Starting as an eager young recruit, he quickly rose up in the ranks of his home nation's army. However the older he grew, the more he realized the corruption that was spread not only among the rulers of this once great nation, but among his fellow soldiers as well. Deserting the military, he was constantly chased, until he finally found a new home in the mercenary army of Natalie James.

At first however he was captured as a mere slave. It was only when he had the chance to prove himself that he was allowed to join them as an equal, as a warrior.
Ironically, he proved himself to be too worthy of being just another soldier in the ranks. He quickly caught the eye of Natalie once more. This time however, she took him as both her lover and her one and only pet. She was the most sadistic, evil, power hungry, heartless and manipulative woman he had ever met. And it was because of those reasons, rather than despite them, that he fell in love with her.
He did not submit easily however. Dorian had quite the strong personality, not to mention had too much pride and arrogance. He would soon rebel than submit to anyone. As strong as a warrior that he was, his skill still proved no match for hers, not even close. Defeating him several times in battle, he finally swallowed his pride and submitted to her.

She would not however, break his personality or turn him submissive. Instead she thought him everything she knew, from combat arts, to the art of war, to being a leader among men and to being manipulative and Machiavellian, the latter which Dorian succeeded exceedingly at. She shaped him in her image, and once she was satisfied with the man he had become, she assigned him as the general of her army and her right hand. He would be the one executing her wishes as she sat down on her iron throne, taking over the world one nation at a time.

Unfortunately this would not last long however. The two together were too much of a threat to ignore, and soon they found that nations which were at war with each other ally themselves against Natalie's army, fearing her seemingly unstoppable advance. Eventually, they found themselves surrounded by enemies, as even their own allies began betraying them, jealous of their conquests. It was only a matter of time until they fell from their glory.

The loyal troops fought along side their empress and general until there was barely an army left. Their enemies vindictive, they did not grant him the death they wished for, dying in battle. Instead he was taken prisoner. But they were not satisfied with that alone, as they tortured and eventually slew Natalie right in front of his eyes as he watched helplessly.

Prison bars cannot hold the raw fury and rage Dorian had built up in him. He soon broke free, rebelling against the prison guard, as he freed whoever remained of his army that was imprisoned with him.

He now roams the land with his small army, vowing to never rest until he rains his wrath upon his love's murderers, the cowards that betrayed him, and the fools who made the mistake of sparing his life.

-----------------------------
It's a lame, cheesy background story that I wrote for one of my characters. Better than nothing though! :3

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yes. Please don't assume that since I come from an ERP background (as evident from my replies), that it's all that I'll do. I want to focus on clean RP, and if I ever do an ERP, I have no intention on doing it anywhere in public.
Oh, how I know the pains of time consuming MMOs. I'm mostly restricted due to internet restraints. Though, I may as well introduce myself. I'm SachikoMaeda and I'm here to tell you that you've been approved! I respect that you want to stray away from ERP and I think you'll find plenty of good clean players around here. Feel free to contact me in game or over the forums if you want to get some RP in!

Don't hesitate to lookie over our rules and policies again just to be sure. If our Wiki and FAQ don't give you all your answers, feel free to ask me anything!

And Lebanon? That's pretty darn neato to me! I've always found Arabic to be such an interesting language.
(03-27-2012, 08:10 AM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, how I know the pains of time consuming MMOs. I'm mostly restricted due to internet restraints. Though, I may as well introduce myself. I'm SachikoMaeda and I'm here to tell you that you've been approved! I respect that you want to stray away from ERP and I think you'll find plenty of good clean players around here. Feel free to contact me in game or over the forums if you want to get some RP in!

Don't hesitate to lookie over our rules and policies again just to be sure. If our Wiki and FAQ don't give you all your answers, feel free to ask me anything!
Yay! Approved! Thank you! ^^

And I'm reading them over right now!

Quote:And Lebanon? That's pretty darn neato to me! I've always found Arabic to be such an interesting language.

Thanks! You wouldn't find it interesting if you had to learn it in school >_< (but that does apply to all mother languages I guess!)
Just as a sidenote: While ERP is allowed, if you do find yourself in the situation, just make sure to bring it to party or whispers! ;3
Quote:What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei! If you are into ERP you'd know why! The reason is too vulgar to mention here though, since I noticed the application will be posted on the forum, and thus be read by under-aged people. >_<

Hmmmmm, them tendrils...
(03-27-2012, 08:36 AM)Cressy Wrote: [ -> ]Just as a sidenote: While ERP is allowed, if you do find yourself in the situation, just make sure to bring it to party or whispers! ;3

Yus! I will! I don't want to traumatize some kids. xD

(03-27-2012, 09:13 AM)Lunaxy Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hmmmmm, them tendrils...

I don't know why I got a flashback of Avatar x3