Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Thread Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hiya, my name is That_Cool_Guy, or some just call me Cup. I've been an avid role-player for about 8 years or so now, and got my start in Warcraft 3. As a role-player, I enjoy just about any theme and have quite the obsession for WoW lore, which is partially why I wanted to join this server. Also, I have some friends coming in to join it as well. Anyways, onto more personal stuff.

I enjoy all sorts of things, I'm open to playing and role-playing both Alliance and Horde (But I prefer Horde) and enjoy not only the main feature of this server, but progression, raids, and all that good stuff. I really look forward to participating in the community here if allowed.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Originally I was born in Russia but came to America at a young age, so I'm a pretty much a full America. I speak English and can understand a small chunk of Russian, but cannot write anything.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into Warcraft in Beta Vanilla because I love Warcraft lore, but had never tried this peculiar thing called an "MMORPG" and basically played through all of Vanilla, TBC, and the first portion of Wrath. I also did a stint with Cataclysm, just basically only did the leveling and then left flustered. But regardless of version, I'm looking to at least make a bit of a come-back.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was drawn to this server partly by Peer-Pressure if I'm totally honest. Plus I'm interested in seeing how a Private RP server actually works. Plus I love a good Warcraft lore themed role-play.
What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all kinds of role-play, but doing a well-researched Warcraft lore role-play is a real treat, which is why I'd really like to join this server. I don't really fancy futuristic role-plays, I find them a bit too precarious in terms of realism (Whatever degree of it can be held in role-play). I am a bit disgusted by ERP and similar styles, but I would figure there wouldn't be much of that on here.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

The Moment I laid my eyes on this game, I saw those horns and snout, and I knew what race I would prefer for the duration of the time I play the game. My favorite race of all time and really the only one that I can tolerate for extended periods of time has got to be the Tauren. Being a history-buff, especially one for Native American culture, I simply love their tribal culture. They aren't savage, but peaceful and respectful of their surroundings, yet have so much power and strength that there really isn't any other choice.

On the subject of classes, I really do not have a bona fide favorite. I got my start as a hunter and progressed to 60 quite quickly, which I figured out wasn't really my thing. So I switched to Shaman, this time progressing very slowly, and quickly fell in love with the game. I searched for every little tidbit of lore that I could find that relates back to what I already know and I seriously enjoyed that progression. Come Wrath I got seriously hooked on Death Knights, but finance issues kept me from playing for an extended period of time, so I sort of just quit and didn't get back into it. So I really don't have a favorite, but if I had to pick it would be Shaman.

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations? Well, I hope for mature, able role-players who have an understanding of lore and how role-play works. If you have this (Which I presume you do) I'd love to contribute to the community in any way possible.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

One of my biggest pet-peeves in role-play is Humility/Godmodding. As a leader of a Warcraft 3 role-play clan myself, I constantly have to deal with immature role-players who simply just don't know when to quit or how to make the story fun for everyone else and not just themselves. Seeing that this issue is addressed really assures me that this server is worth-while.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

He stood atop a roof, looking over the courtyard below. He knew that the guards liked to sometimes go inside for a bit of mead about an hour after nightfall. He knew their weak points and in what ways he could muffle their screams. He knew how to enter to manor and how to escape once his job is done. He also knew what was at stake here if he failed to do the job forced upon him.
As silently as the peaceful breeze and the small on-going battle between wave and rock in the distance, he slid from his perch into the courtyard itself, quickly hiding himself as the two guards continue to gossip like little girls about possible love interests, colleagues, and the sack of gold they received every once in a while. They were dressed in steel-blue armor, large halberds strapped to their backs, black plumes coming out of their helms. If they weren’t talking about such petty things, they might sell the lie that they were actually a well-trained bunch and not just a bunch of well-equipped morons. One of them motions for the other to follow, smirking, and the other abides. They exit through the metal gates and shut the door behind him.

The only living thing left in the courtyard, the masked man, makes his move. Running quickly across the beautiful arrangement of flowers and sculptures, he pants under his breath as jumps over a fountain and makes his way to a beautifully painted door. He quickly takes out a key-ring, hands shaking; he opens up the door with an almost silent creek. As he makes a sigh of relief, he ducks behind a large tapestry as footsteps can noticeably be heard. A man walks into the room that he had slipped into himself, and takes a seat in a large armchair. The man is quite a portly fellow, will a large beard that hardly concealed his double-chin. He picked up a novel beside his chair and began to read.

Hours past, and as the masked man quickly grew impatient of this short, fat nuisance, another person walks in. This person he knew, this person was his target. A woman, very young yet at the same time, very old. The face was flawless and beautiful, but the eyes were the eyes of an old hawk, battered and bruised who was in its final days. She was Aurelia Vellecina, Lady of the province of Urona, a woman known kingdom-wide for her remarkable beauty, and also his target. She reluctantly sat down in an elegant chair next to her husband, the portly man, whose name would forever strike fear into those who heard it. He was Barabus Regosa, the Lord of Urona, and the man responsible for the death of thousands of refugees coming into his lands from the south. A believer of the pure way, or that no one born outside of a kingdom should live in a kingdom. He would take any who fled to the region from the south and turn them into slaves, or worse.

After another hour of waiting, the frustrated Masked Man began to seek ways of getting the portly man out of the room, for he knew that at this hour, if the Lord wished to go to bed he would surely make his saddened wife follow him. He decided to make his move. As quickly as he could be, he rushed out from under the Tapestry, tackling Barabus in an almost clumsy manner. In the struggle, Aurelia screamed for help, and a rustle could be heard outside as the guards rushed across the courtyard. The Masked Man had to act fast; he jumped off his position over Barabus and grabbed Aurelia by the neck. He quickly hauled her off into the adjacent room, and put a cloth around her mouth. The Guards were just slow enough to see this happening, and as they rushed into the room where the Lord lay dazed on the ground, they heard nothing. As they helped their employer up, the Lord shouted in an authoritative voice, “Find that scoundrel before he steals my most prized possession you idiotic buffoons! Why are you just standing there!? Find him!”, In the other room, the Masked Man had already applied a sedative to the Lady, and she was now fast asleep. Now he could hear more footsteps outside, as more guards rushed into the Manor. He spotted the open window on the other side of the room, and saw is way out, he climbed out the window with Aurelia knocked out on his back, finally at a safe distance from the ground, he dropped off. He then began to run as quick as the entire human on his back would allow him too, and started his long trek to where his target must be delivered. By morning, he had arrived at his destination, a small obscure cave. He was relieved that no life was lost during the struggle, but was angry at himself that he didn’t kill the very man that he was here for when he had a chance. As he contained his anger, he entered the cave.

He walked a good 10 minutes through the winding cavern before coming to a small fire, with a hunched over man next to it, the man looked incredibly old, and seemed to not notice his presence as he stared at the fire. The Masked Man waited to be acknowledged. The old man, not looking at him, said calmly “I see you brought what I need, Boy.” “Here, I’ve gotten what you want, now please, give me back what I want.” “Oh? But our friendship has only just begun.”. The Masked Man frowned “But you sai-“ “It does not matter what I said before, you will serve me if you wish to see your family alive once again and you will do it without resistance.”. The Masked Man held back some choice words, and simply replied “Yes sir”, the Old Man smirked “You are relieved for now” and the Masked Man walked away. As he walked back through the caverns he thought “One day, that bastard’s head will be on a pike, along with the rest of those who have come to mock me. One day.”

I hope you enjoyed my shabbily written story,

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm fine for now, thanks!
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

While we do allow ERP, we do not allow people to do it in public channels. This includes /say, /emote, /chat and /barrens. Should you see people doing anything of that sort in the public channels, please feel free to whisper a green/blue/red named person and we will deal with them!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy