Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Northshire Abbey phased
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Requesting a phased version of the Northshire Abbey for Alliance members only. Would be pretty decent for any sort of zealous or Churchy RP without having the presence of the NPCs around, making the RP more private for guilds, etc.

Careful, massive pictures.
Spoiler:
[Image: eg4yur.jpg]
[Image: 34sp9mo.jpg]
[Image: 2rvzupe.jpg]
[Image: 24w8wzs.jpg]

I would suggest blocking off the entrance sort of like what was done with Ravenholdt manor.
Actually, if you're a human...

Visit phased Ravenholdt and use the Unstuck feature. If I'm not mistaken, it brings you back to the abbey, and you should be phased to boot.

I do need to test the validity of that, but it ought to work.
(03-27-2012, 08:09 PM)Delta Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, if you're a human...

Visit phased Ravenholdt and use the Unstuck feature. If I'm not mistaken, it brings you back to the abbey, and you should be phased to boot.

It works! But it maybe a bit tedious if members of the other race wished to get there efficiently.

Ty though.

Oh, this is nice to know! I've got some roleplay that was looking for a suitable location and that may work very well.

I would like to ask that this isn't taken too far. When Ravenholdt was made into a phased location it wasn't made for the purpose of people using all the other areas around it phased and without NPCs to represent or hinder RP where it just should not be. Not too long ago I recall finding some people RPing in Scholomance-- And while I don't wish to call them out or anything I just don't feel that that should happen. Simply put if we wanted it to be an RP spot it would have been made one. We don't really want running over to RP in Undercity or anything like that, y'know?

That being said I went ahead and proofed Ravenholdt to make it more difficult to exploit it in this way. So I'm not too keen on people having a new way to do this. I'd just like to ask that we keep this reasonable, so I don't have to go and brick up more places.
I remember hearthing and unstucking still kept you in the phase you were at. It does make me wonder if there's any way to code it so they send you back to phase one, but that depends on how much server wizardry Kretol can do.
I don't much see why we would go out of our ways to forbid players from using portal phases to RP elsewhere. We're told that new RP locations aren't added to the OOC portal because they can be accessed normally, but we get the big no when using a phase to RP in otherwise difficult places? Seems kinda lame to me.

I mean yeah, you COULD run all the way to Undercity from Ravenholdt as an Ally, but -who would actually do that-.

Places like Scholomance though, I don't see the problem. Scholomance is a cool looking place, and IC it could function for a variety of things, like a mansion or a school, or hell, you could do evil RP there because Scholomance is still running as of Cata.
I think the only places that shouldn't be allowed to be played phased are in-lore places, that are unique. I can't see a problem in using the phase to get to a place like Northshire Abbey, or X other place that could appear logically in more than one place. Just because the OOC game world does not include X amount of abbeys, Mansions and mountains does not mean that the IC game world does not have them. :)
I hate to be a killjoy as Northshire Abbey's a lovely place, but what Rigley said stands. Does the Monastery available on the OOC Portal not suffice?

However, I am inclined to ask: Why the policy against phasing exploits when one can simply request a phase from a GM at any given time? Surely it's nothing but different means to the same end?
(03-28-2012, 09:05 AM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to be a killjoy as Northshire Abbey's a lovely place, but what Rigley said stands. Does the Monastery available on the OOC Portal not suffice?

However, I am inclined to ask: Why the policy against phasing exploits when one can simply request a phase from a GM at any given time? Surely it's nothing but different means to the same end?

The monastary is big and fancy and over the top.

The abbey is, well, an abbey. it's more low key religious, and better suited for small gatherings.

And yeah, we can ask a GM for a phase anywhere, any time, so the NO PORTAL PHASING ALLOWED is just making me scratch my head.
Just because one can ask for a phase does not mean they will automatically get it. In that case a GM can actually use some discretion as to why the phase is being requested. I don't want people being phased out and RPing where they really shouldn't be, simple as that. Just use common sense for the most part - one example of what would not be allowed has already been mentioned. And just because you (speaking in a general sense) wouldn't do a silly thing like bringing your humans to the UC and act like you're the saviors of Lordaeron doesn't mean it wouldn't be attempted.

(Posted from teh phonez)
(03-28-2012, 10:29 AM)Kretol Wrote: [ -> ][...] a silly thing like bringing your humans to the UC and act like you're the saviors of Lordaeron doesn't mean it wouldn't be attempted.

You always ruin my fun, Kretol.
Piroska Wrote:You always ruin my fun, Kretol.

T'is my jorb!

(Posted from teh phonez)
(03-28-2012, 09:13 AM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]And yeah, we can ask a GM for a phase anywhere, any time, so the NO PORTAL PHASING ALLOWED is just making me scratch my head.

Pretty much as Kretol said. When a GM consents to it and phases you we know where you're doing stuff, and we can judge if its alright. When that doesn't happen we get RP in Scholo and the like.

So why do we get peeved when people go to these places? I mean, I get it. Scholo looks nice. But so does Zul'aman. So does Naxxramas if you wanted evil RP. So does Karazhan, so does the Nexus, so does Utgarde Keep, so does pretty much every other dungeon or raid or etc. But, that doesn't mean we're going to throw them on a teleporter. We've made the areas we think are acceptable to use, and if you -genuinely- think a new area is needed-- there's the GM requests, like what this thread itself is.

I don't really think this is being unreasonable. If we think its an acceptable place for people to RP in we can phase them, or make a portal. We're just not comfortable with people going wild with it and running wherever they please in a phase though.
Except you can't slap raids on the OOC portal, because that would permanently de-instance them. Having a way to get into them without ruining the fun for the PvEers and not needing a GM every time you do it would be nice.

And there's the fact we already have Zul'Gurub and Zul'farrak on the portal list. The only difference is that they have non-instanced counterparts, which the OOC portal puts you in. What's the difference between using them, and using any other raid that's been temporarily phased? It's still a raid, it just lacks an instance, which if anything just makes it more convenient.
Pages: 1 2 3