Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction. What's up, everyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a World of Warcraft player I used to play retail for a year or so, mostly during the early burning crusade days. I however did not really like paying for it, even if I loved most aspects of the game.

As for a role player, I first started role playing on Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne at the young age of 7 years old. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but ever since then I've constantly been trying to improve on my role playing. I've done so on various games such as World of War Craft, Minecraft, WC3, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, and so on.

So I came back to World of Warcraft a while later and heard about Private Servers. I realised they had a lot of potential for playing and role playing on them, so now I'm signing up here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from Quebec, Canada, but believe it or not, my primary language is English. My family came from Britain and never really changed to the French language, though I can speak it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I saw my cousin playing Warcraft 3 when I was very young and immediately became interested on the strategy aspect, and the graphics, of the game. So I got hooked into that game for a long time, then switched to World of Warcraft.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

My friend Keloqo told me about the server, and I haven't heard about a good private role playing server in a long time. I may have a problem or two with limitations, but that being said overall the server seems very appealing, friendly and open to newcomers. I'd like to give it a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I honestly enjoy the emotional role playing (I've been called a softy) more than action packed role playing. The sad, powerful moments that bring tears to your eyes, whether it be in movies, games or role plays, are the best parts of it all in my opinion.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

That would have to be blood elf. High elves and blood elves were immediately my favourite race on Warcraft 3, and when they came out on World of Warcraft I couldn't resist. Their history is pretty amazing, and their overall physical appearance I like better than your classic human race.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect it to be a decently mature (With room for silliness when it's appropriate) community with pretty good role playing from what I've heard. I've also heard that the GMs are outstandingly nice, which would be a nice change from normal servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Probably the "No Mary Sues" Rule. I hate characters that are absolutely perfect in every possibly way.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I'm assuming you want me to switch to "Author Mode" and narrate the story properly, so here it goes:

The Mercenary hid within the dark, secluded tree line mere yards away from the camp his target was sleeping in. He could see his tent, knew he could reach it within mere seconds if he sprinted to it. The camp fire flickered, its shadow waving pleasantly in the dark, spring night. The moonlight was washing over the camp like a gentle tide at the edge of an ocean.

Two men sat by the camp fire, one awake and one asleep. His target was neither, but there was a third man fast asleep inside one of the three nearby animal hide tents. The mercenary was alone. He was told this job must be done alone to evaluate him properly. He was new to the job, after all. So how was he going to take out two armed men without alerting the other, or the sleeping man?

He inched his way forward through the bushes, silently unsheathing a dagger from his waist. He knew the easiest way to do this just by studying the area. He slowly circled around the camp, being careful not to step on anything that would cause noise. After several tense minutes, he came to the other side and walked forward to one of the empty tents, pressing himself against the side. He unsheathed his sword from his side with his free hand, taking aim with his dagger while at the same time slowly stepping forward. He threw the dagger, which went past the man who was awake, hitting the sleeping man between the eyes. He then rushed forward before the watchful one knew what happened, covered his mouth and stabbed him through the chest.

That was close. But now he could finish the job. They were both killed silently, it all went perfectly.

He walked to the tent with his target inside and pulled open the curtain.

An arrow, an instant later, hit him in the chest, puncturing one of his lungs. He stumbled back, his eyes wide in shock. His target emerged from the tent and gently laid him to the ground, taking the mercenary's dagger.

"How..Did you know?" The mercenary asked.

"I saw your shadow against the fire's light on the ground." The man answered.

The mercenary sighed. He had overlooked the most obvious thing.

Moments later, his life was ended quickly and almost painlessly.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope, everything seems pretty clear, thanks!
Hello Rakaesa, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

You've heard the GMs are nice, hm? *Tugs collar*
Ahahaha! Better live up to it!

Thank you for the story.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.