Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mew. ^_^
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

At the moment I'm extremely tired so you'll have to forgive the lack of energy. I'm a former admin of Prologue WoW another private RP server which is still up but I am no longer a part of at this time. I wont say if I plan to go back to it or not, my being hear holds no baring on that choice at all. That said, I'm currently and art student trying to finish her degree in Graphic Design. I also happen to love writing but I keep it as a hobby rather then a career choice.

As my previous comments about Prologue suggest I've got a decent amount of experience in running, maintaining and leading RP communities and groups. Outside of running Prologue I've also run guilds in and outside of Prologue as well as co-lead other RP communities. I've not had nearly as much free time as I used too which is part of why I didn't remain on Prologue. However lately I've gotten used to my new routine enough to regain some of my former free-time and I find myself wanting RP. CoTH was suggested so I'm giving it a try. That's all there is too it, no more and no less.

I think I got a little too formal sounding in that last paragraph but I felt some of it was needed. Trust me, I'm not as uptight as the wording of that last bit probably made me sound. :P In fact I'm not easily offended or irritated so please feel free to poke me for RP or just to chat! While I may be new to the server and not know much about about it's inner workings I do know WoW and WoW lore fairly well and have no problem helping someone else learn it or get an answer to a question regarding it. I try to promote role play as much as possible when I can by doing what I just described as well as being an RP leader both IC and OOC.

I role play to role play and nothing else. What I mean by that is role play boils down to Interactive and spontaneous creative writing. Writing is an art form and like any art form it's purpose is self expression as well as inspiration. When we role play with each other we do it to escape, to experience and to inspire by telling a story and sharing it with others. There is no ego stroking, no popularity contest, no negativity. Just Role Play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live near Tales (someone older CoTH players probably know) and that's all I'll say. This way where I'm from doesn't factor into your judgement of my character. :P

English is my primary language though I know a little Spanish and Gaelic.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Ex boyfriend nagged me into trying it pre-sunwell during Burning Crusade.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Initially I heard about you as a fellow RP server to one I used to be an Admin on, Prologue WoW. Though I never really looked into CoTH during the time I spent on Prologue.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Serious and heavily lore based RP. I love to write and I think like a writer when I RP, you'll never find me casually RPing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

If I had to pick a favorite class it would have to be Shaman. I've RP'd several shaman from Trolls to Draenei. My favorite race to RP is a three way tie between Night Elves, Trolls and Draenei. I love each one in their own way for Lore, personality traits and aesthetics.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Quality role play and community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The one that says to have fun at all times. If it's not a rule yet then it should be. :P

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A snippit from a story I wrote.
Spoiler:
"The atmosphere was very serene, like peering into a surrealist painting of perfection. A clear soft white sky stretched out overhead for as far as the eye could see in every direction. The clearing which rested in the embrace of the thick surrounding evergreen forest was crested with an untouched blanket of snow that twirled lazily up into the air a short distance before tumbling away as the girl’s light foot steps crossed over it’s surface. She had appeared from between to very large tree trunks along the edge of the clearing, easily twice as big around as any of the others that outlined the oasis.

The woman was young, possibly early twenties and clearly Draenei. The light baby blue tone of her body was visible in places the long and lacy cream-colored gown she wore didn’t cover. A myriad of non-traditional runic tattoos that seemed to flow perfectly with the contours of her female form decorated much of her skin. The girl wore no shoes nor gloves or scarf despite the apparent freezing temperature of the clearing; in fact the gown seemed to be the only article of clothing covering her. As she made her way to the center of the oasis her steps lead her to a small oval shaped pond of crystal clear water that at first glance appeared to be covered in a sheet thin ice. A large smoky gray stone slab was the only break in the pond’s pristine condition and in contrast to it’s surroundings it’s surface was devoid of any white powder.

The Draenei girl stopped at the point where the snow covered ground of the clearing met with the sleek surface of the slab and stood as if waiting for something. A moment later the girl’s silver eyes turned downward to pond’s surface and she placed her hooves upon the stone. As the girl lowered herself onto the slab the glassy surface of the pool began to thaw and a wispy rolling fog began to fill the air as if forming a barrier between the pond and the outside world. She lay upon her side and allowed her slender figure to gracefully rest along the length of the slab, the silky fabric of the gown’s skirt had an almost fluid appearance as it pooled around her legs. With two fingers the girl gingerly tucked a lock of her jet-black hair behind one of her ears revealing several delicate piercings. The most pronounced of these was a tiny finely crafted chain, which ran from the top of the girl’s ear to just under the lobe, it’s length was long enough that when at rest it nearly paralleled the outline of her ear. A metallic bronze trinket in the shape of three interlocking rings that held a perfect sphere in place dangled from where the chain met her lobe.

She smiled and allowed her bright silver eyes to close as she lovingly touched the trinket with the tips of her fingers; her mind was focused on something or someone that was far away. A sudden splash from the shimmering pool startled the girl and her eyes flicked open as she recoiled from the edge of the slab. The girl waited in silence for a few seconds before she slowly relaxed back against the stone. Her hands grasped the lip of the slab for support as she cautiously peered over its edge and into the water below. As the girl looked over the pond’s surface a second splash broke the silence off to her right. It was then that she noticed a small vibrant red eel like fish that swam in lazy arcs through the water, every once in a while it would dart above the surface before disappearing back underwater. Overcome with a childish curiosity the girl pressed herself flat against the stone and reached out with one hand to gracefully skim the surface of the pool with her fingertips as a smile played over her lips. After shifting her posture a bit more the girl allowed her hand to dip down under the water’s surface. She then began to speak to it in soft rolling Dreanic syllables that rolled off her delicate tongue.

Whatever the girl was saying seemed to sooth the aquatic animal and it began to make its way slowly to the girl’s delicate fingers in the same slow arcing motion it had been moving in moments ago. The girl’s smile grew as the fish wove a lazy path around and through her fingers, the red of its body stood out in stark contrast to the baby blue of the girl’s hand. She twirled her hand in slow circles giggling as the fish mimicked her motions in the crystal clear waters. The excitement of the moment momentarily overcame the girl; gleefully she moved to reach out farther over the water. The girl stretched as far as her arm would allow and then some as she reached towards the middle of the pool. Her curious interest in the fish had blinded her to the fact that her sudden movement put her center of gravity almost over the edge of the stone slab. The only thing keeping her from tumbling over the slab and joining the fish was her other hand, which supported most of the weight of her posture. The girl’s grip on the smooth rock faltered for just a second causing her thumb to slip and press onto the jagged edge of the stone slab. She winced, pulling back in pain to cradle her wounded hand with her other. As the initial pain subsided she moved her finger out in front of her to inspect the small cut that went down the middle of her thumb. As she gazed at it a single drop of blood coalesced on the outside of the wound.

The solitary drop released from her thumb and fell into the water below near where the little fish still swam. The instant the drop touched the water’s surface everything seemed to change and shift. The fish darted away as fast as it could; the blood began to expand in to a dark cloud that expanded out from the center to fill the entire pool. The once still and serene waters of the pond were now swirling into a whirlpool that almost seemed to whisper as it churned. The shocked girl watched as the whirlpool blackened, the snow near the pond’s edge melted backward to the trees, which burst into flames and withered. The now terrified girl, curled up defenselessly on the stone slab, which seemed to be the only thing left unaltered by the corruption that now twisted the surrounding oasis. She frantically looked about for any possible way out of the horrifying scene. An eerie piercing scream issued from within the darkened pool causing the girl to clap her hands over her ears as it almost deafened her. This instinctive action would be her last as the motion of her hands caused her to lose her balance and go tumbling off towards the eye of the swirling abyss below.

Ayarei awoke with a start, blinking into the darkness of her quarters aboard the merchant ship. Momentarily dazed from the sudden jolt back into consciousness she lifted her hand to feel around on the smooth cold hardwood walls until she found what she was looking for. With the oil lamp lit and dimmed Ayarei sat up, her hand immediately moved to her chest where her heart still beat a mile a minute. It was the dream again..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Cats are cool and smurfs rule.

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Excellent...

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy
Ah yes, Tale's lady friend....

[Image: 9OiVr.jpg]
A-a-ayarei!!
Greetings, fellow Prologue expatriate!

...If you're wondering, I was Blair on Prologue. Ohai.
Hey Hun ^_^
One... of us?

*Tilts head in wonder*
It looks like you have a small fan base, Ayarei. :p
(04-01-2012, 07:38 PM)Cressy Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you have a small fan base, Ayarei. :p

It's nice to know people when you go someplace new.

P.s. I remember you Blair.
Most likely don't remember me, but hai.
(04-01-2012, 08:00 PM)McKnighter Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely don't remember me, but hai.

I do actually. Particularly your blood elf.
I was that elf that ruined Clark/Chalet or what-have-you's day during Shadow of the Sun. :' (

Oh the drama that I remember! None of that here, thankfully.
(04-01-2012, 07:38 PM)Cressy Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you have a small fan base, Ayarei. :p

You make me feel like making a fan-girl club for myself... which reminds me.

Time for a new Forum title!
(04-01-2012, 08:07 PM)Aphetoros Wrote: [ -> ]I was that elf that ruined Clark/Chalet or what-have-you's day during Shadow of the Sun. :' (

Oh the drama that I remember! None of that here, thankfully.

I remember that too. Phase C was an experience, I'll put it that way. :P
I came in here expecting cats. I get a new person instead? Bah.

Welcome to CoTH and I must say I love your avatar and signature!
Pages: 1 2 3