Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Setting the Stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:It has been long since the fall of the Lich King, and things have since begun to stabilize in Northrend. With the undead lacking direction or unity due to warring leaders, the hold on the frozen north by both the Horde and Alliance is now more firm than ever. Still, efforts are being made to drive out these ex-lieutenants who would wish to fill the vacuum of power left by Arthas' death.

Both factions have welcomed home their weary veterans with honor and glory. However, for Orgrimmar, things are not so pleasant for them. Durotar's lack of hospitality and farming land has left them without food, and a long drought without water. Orcs fight for scraps, and in their desperation, leaders of the Horde asked the neighboring Night Elves for aid, believing that recent times would have helped them ignore their battles in the past.

The cries for aid have been outright refused.

With Garrosh's return and this new development, many have come to believe that the Kaldorei have sentenced their people to death. While they do look to other alternatives, orcs have begun to muse about the option of war. They look to young Hellscream, seeing direction in his desire for battle, while Thrall is weak and too docile for his position. After all, the 'Warchief' did not participate in the Northrend conflict, something his title demands. But Garrosh... Garrosh is a hero. He has brought the Horde victory once as the leader of the Warsong Offensive. Surely he could do so again.

Meanwhile, across the world, the elements have grown fearful and distant. They are less willing to communicate, though those who have managed to do such have determined them to be in pain. Shamans have begun investigating this world-wide crisis, but to no avail.

(Essentially this will be an IC world news thread. More will come as time passes.)
[Image: soon%20(1).jpg]
SOON™

Also, it is perfect that the Earthen Ring has started up recently. I hope that you are ready, Muhaha!
THAT I AM.
(Where will you be when IT happens? HUH?)
I KNEW IT.

I KNEW THOSE WEIRD CRACKPOT RUMOURS ABOUT 2012 WEREN'T CRAZY.
[Image: zz77e141b8.jpg]
It's coming! I know! The Mayans said so!
(04-03-2012, 07:51 PM)Sersay Wrote: [ -> ]It's coming! I know! The Amani said so!

Fix'd.
Pssh, what do they Amani know? They didn't predict getting wiped out by the elves and the Arathi, so who cares what they predicted

. . . Wait, what's that rumbling?

Spoiler:
. . . On another note:

[Image: 17806454.jpg]
Did somebody say... Cata?

OH
HAWT
DAYUM.
(04-03-2012, 07:51 PM)Sersay Wrote: [ -> ]It's coming! I know! The Drakkari said so!
Betterer fix.

Katokissum is coming. Orcs and kittens first!
Awww yeah...
. . . I'm excited. :D
Pages: 1 2 3