Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Goliath Rises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's hard to remember.

But I remember it was cold.

I remember it was raining...

I remember the blood.

Thalion was talking with Zariel harmlessly at their camp, in Stranglethorn Veil. They discussed family affairs- and there were several problems that needed attention. The Council had decided to off his siblings and him via assassins. Thalion's mother was missing as well, having gone after the Necromancer Redis Taylor. On top of this, Thalion and his siblings still had two of the original Jidaeo's artifacts to find. They had a lot to accomplish, but they were on top of things and all was going well.

Was going well.

A figure sprinted forom the treeline and attacked Zariel, injuring him. After a lengthy fight, Thalion managed to get the attacker- who Thalion identified as his relative Tialis Novalight- away from Zariel. Despite this apparent gain, Thalion took two arrows in the shoulder, one poisoned. Tialis was in control of the situation as the poison from the second arrow kicked in and immobilized Thalion. Zariel woke up, and Thalion commanded him to flee. Tialis stabbed Thalion in the throat as Zariel's teleportation spell completed.

He fell back and bled out, staring at the gray sky, feeling the warm jungle rain as everything swirled into darkness.

Light filled his body and returned life to his veins. He twitched as his nervous and circulatory systems began to function once more. He gasped for breath as the hole in his throat closed and he lived again. Standing next to him was his great-uncle Diel'vani. He was weak, unable to really move without tiring himself. Another difficulty Thalion found was with speaking, which he was unable to do.

Diel'vani assured Thalion to rest, a matter which he didn't have a choice in. He, by slowly mouthing words- assured that Zariel was safe. He stared at the stars until Diel'vani asked him who his attacker was. He rolled his head to the side and mouthed...

"Tialis."

Killer: Tialis
Resurrector: Diel'vani

Really Short Term Drawbacks (a few days):
-Can't talk

Throat injuries haven't fully healed, so Thalion is unable to coherently form words. He can grunt, groan, and that kind of thing. But no talking.

-Unable to move

Dead people aren't known for moving, and recovering from that stereotype and being able to move his body will take rest and patience.

Short Term Drawbacks (one - three weeks)
-Difficulty speaking

Due to being... well, stabbed in the throat, Thalion's throat is going to take longer to heal than the rest of his body. His vocal chords and throat muscles were not fully healed in the resurrection, and will require a few days of rest before he can even use them. His voice is hoarse, and he won't talk much.

-Cannot walk without aid of a cane

Death ain't easy. It's going to take a while for his muscles to loosen up after being dead for a bit. Also, he needs to build up his strength/blood again, which will take time.

-Coughs up blood periodically

Also related to throat injuries.

-Exhaustion

Once again, death ain't easy. Thalion needs rest. There are dark circles under his eyes, he is pale and very tired. He can't really travel without further exhausting himself, which would worsen his other drawbacks until he could catch up on rest.

Long Term Drawbaks (forever):

-Nightmares

Death had a deep psychological effect on Thalion- more the dying part than the actual being dead. He'll have recurring nightmares about various things like failing his family, dying again, etc. This can and will cause lack of sleep and further exhaustion unless he can meditate and get them under control. These make him far more irritable when he just wakes up, or throughout the day depending on if he was able to sleep afterwards that night. The effects of this may lessen over time, depending on further RP experiences, but they will always be there.

-Reduced agility

No matter how much Thalion recovers or trains himself, his reflexes won't be as fast as they once were. He will rely more on ranged weapons in order to be effective, but he'll be weaker in melee combat for the rest of his life.

-Fear of injury

If a strike draws blood, Thalion freaks out. He'll ignore everything around him as he assesses and bandages the wound. Of course, this freak out varies depending on the wound. If it's a scratch, he'll only get nervous. If he gets stabbed or outright slashed he'll have a breakdown.

This is my first ever resurrection post, so if anything needs to be fixed/changed/added/soaked in the tears of children just let me know!
Quote:soaked in the tears of children

You've got mega short and short term drawbacks -- what are the long term and permanent damages done to Thalion? Dying sure does suck.
I totally forgot to include those. I blame the fact that I wrote this late at night- that's always a bad idea.

Updating it now!
Oh dear...Sar shall be forever bodyguard.
This will certainly develop their relationship.