Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aurum's Introduction~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello there! Well, I've enjoyed RolePlaying since young. I believe I started doing so when I was about 15 or so. Or course, at that time, I was quite terrible. It took me a while to understand all the concepts the world of RP has, and to lose the bad habit of godmodding. By the time I was 17, though, I was already a decent Roleplayer. I'm currently 19 years old, so I'm still very young. I enjoy playing action RPGs, Fighting MMOs, drawing and working on my amateur-ish comic book series, as well as Roleplaying. I also dedicate much of my time to research and discussion regarding different topics, such as atheist and theism, physics, chemistry and the many theories regarding these areas of science. :D

I'm generally a very social and respectful person, and thus It's very difficult for me to be involved in conflict. I like to talk things out and seek mutual understanding, which doesn't imply mutual agreement I guess. :P

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Portugal, born and raised here. In fact, I never left this place a single time. Only once did I travel a great distance, and this was when I moved from the mid-western part of my country, to the North, to the region known to foreigners as "Oporto". Originally named "Porto".

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I heard a lot about WoW, all the time. Now, I was never much of an RPG player, thus I never really looked much into WoW, but every time I did, I was discouraged by the Tauren characters. It seemed to me, that, through the few videos I watched, the World of Warcraft had been created in a style and architecture which I wasn't very fond of. Oh how wrong was I, It's such a wonderful virtual world. One of the only RPG games I truly enjoy.

My first playing experience was on a private server. I leveled a Rogue to 80 on 3.3.5a and never did I play any other version, quite unfortunately. Thus I'm not able to see WoW as a nostalgic game, since it wasn't part of my childhood that much.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I searched Google for "wow rp private server" and this site was the 6th result I believe.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying thick situations the most. I.e, those kind of situations when the plot just thickened and we've got a major event going on, such as a conversation with a legendary warrior who's briefing us on a critical mission, or the discussion of a plan with your group of warriors, behind the trees where the great, horrifying creature which you came to slay cannot see you.

I also enjoy giving or attending classes or lessons of any sort. It brings me joy to both spread and receive knowledge, specially in the form of fantasy-themed roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite classes are the Paladin and the Rogue.

The Rogue because he is stealthy and witty. He is sly, intellectual and physically swift. I find it fun to roleplay a situation where I trick someone into a scam or a trap, for example.

As for the Paladin, I love the idea of wearing shiny golden armor and fighting for the greatest good, restlessly. I love the idea of raising my voice in a motivational, moral-lifting speech towards my troops. I love the idea of shining brightly amongst the shadowed scenario, where lack of hope seems to prevail until I walk in, ready to fight to my very last breath.

As for what race I prefer, It's the Night Elf. I could say I identify myself with their culture. I too, would rather spend thousands of years looking for an eternal partner than doing what most people do nowadays, jumping from relationship to relationship, and often rebounding all the time.

I too, am somewhat proud regarding certain aspects of mine, despite never letting this get in the way of friendship or an overall friendly social communication :D

In other words, while I'm proud of certain personal aspects of mine, I accept and understand my flaws as part of me, and therefore am not egotistical. I have been so in the past though, a little ;x

Also, I too, feel connected to nature. At times, I spend the day exploring the wilderness close to my home, and, while bugs can be pretty pesky, I still enjoy spending some time with mother nature. I even have lunch sitting in a rock at times. I specially like to do so in high places, it feels wonderful.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Above all, I expect to have fun and stay for quite a while. You know that feeling you get when, after jumping from game to game all the time you find a fantastic community which makes you want to login every day? This is the feeling I trust I will get here. Because I'm not here to mindlessly level up my character in a competition to see who wastes his life for longer. I'm here to have fun in every single step of my character's progress.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them. I understand the perspective of the GMs and the rest of the staff, we're supposed to be having a good time and, while it seems like there's a lot of rules, it all comes down to being in tune with the correct attitude. The rules are just a guide to tune into this attitude, in a way, I suppose.

But if I really have to pick a rule, it would be mutual respect. One should remember that, while we may be disrespecting someone else and not giving a damn, the opposite could be happening to us, and at that time we wouldn't like it, nor would that contribute for the general fun of the gameplay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Oh man, stories are my strong point! Although, I don't feel too inspired, I'll try and write something small, alright?

(btw, I'm not sure if the story has to be themed after Warcraft, but, just in case I'll write a Warcraft related story, although my knowledge of Warcraft lore is still a bit limited)

It's the small things in life.

Rel'var Earthcrown was his name. Bugs, his passion.

("Relva" translates to grass, in Portugese, hence the formation of this character's name)

With green, medium hair and typical, yet humble Night Elven clothing, he would wander the forests near his home, every day, seeking to socialize with the smaller population of the forests, in what would be regarded as delightful monologues.

Rel'var was sometimes lectured by his father for being up late during the morning, when he should be asleep. It's not that he didn't want to sleep, but even the most discreet of insects distracted Rel'var, preventing him from falling asleep for minutes.

He was fascinated by how nature managed to create such complexity in something so tiny, in such a perfect manner. He had made up his mind, he would surely become a great druid, like his father.

Yes, his father was a great druid. Not one of the best, but nonetheless a dedicated and passionate druid. It was from his father that Rel'var inherited his passion, though not for bugs. His father had always been rather passionate for might rulers of the skies. The majestic Eagles, the might Hawks and the fierce Falcons.

His mother, on the other hand, was passionate for battle. She was an archer. A great one at that. Perhaps one of the best in all of Teldrassil. She was out most of the time, doing her duty. Rel'var's father was who made the hunt and who took care of most of his son's education.

Now one day, as Rel'var and his father wandered through Darnassus, seeking to admire Its beauty and biodiversity, someone walked towards the two, and looking at the father, while wielding an important-looking document, the Kaldoreian said. "Are you Fala'naro Earthcrown?" and as Rel'var's father nodded in approval, the Kaldoreian would continue. "What I'm currently holding is a Call to Arms, you, as a Druid specialized in the ways of the Eagle, are to report to the Cenarion Circle itself for further instructions as soon as elvenly possible."

With a discreet sigh and a slight turning of his head, he would reply. "Understood.." and as the Kaldoreian heard this, he made a slight, quick bow and left.

After seeing him part into the distance, Fala'naro, his father, would crouch before his son and pat his shoulders. "My son, as you've heard, I must part to battle. You're 13 years old, but I trust you can handle yourself as well as you do in the wilderness."

Somewhat hurt already by his mother's absence, these news broke Rel'var Earthcrown's heart. He simply nodded and attempted to look responsible and capable. His father trusted there would be little to worry about if he stayed close to Darnassus and to other Night Elves.

Well, it seems to me I won't be able to finish this story very shortly. I should have developed it differently rather than inventing as I went, for the sake of a briefer story. Hopefully this small sample will allow you to get a good impression of my writing style and such. :x

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy