Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Skippy - Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been Roleplaying for what I suppose is coming to about five years now, my first time being on Warcraft three, SotDRP that five years or so ago, and I was god awful. But I like to think I've gotten better since that time, my grammar and spelling have sure improved, so there's something eh? I tend to play females, mostly because it's something different and males just seem a tad bit too 'clunky' at times, and because male body types kinda suck. I'm a nice enough guy, I don't really hate much, I try not to cause trouble OOCly, and even more so ICly. I play side-characters more so than main-characters, and well, that's about all I've got. If more info is needed I can add a bit here and there.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada, eh. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played a bit of vanilla retail (42 troll hunter) but ended up getting back into it after a friend of mine told me about an RP server, which didn't really pan out because of lack of player base, and I've been looking for a new one ever since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Back in 2009 I found it just by Googling (WoW RP server) and since then I've come back because a number of friends have started to play again.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy most kinds of roleplay. I'm not really one for the whole 'super grimdark' RP, (murder death kill Dunril stuff, and +100 points if you got that last one) but I do enjoy mystery, adventure, conflict, stuff like that.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human, Rogue. I find it's just one of the most flexible races/classes you can pick, given you can RP it in so many different ways, from a simple cutthroat to an illusionist.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A great community and even better RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I enjoy as a whole the idea of introductions, and requiring people to actually play the server for a little while before handing them powers and the like. It sorts through some of the undesirables.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Spoiler:

Once long ago, when the world was still young and things were not forever content to remain in their places, a wedding was held at dusk between the starlight and the ocean depths. To these nuptial vows were sent emissaries from every realm, so that the bindings of love and sacrament might be made holy in the eyes of God.

It was during the festivities that an argument arose between the emissary-king of ancient Man and the east wind, recently arisen from far-off lands, that boastful gale who proclaimed his inexorable drive.

"Behold, Man!" cried the wind. "Are there any among your kind who can oppose my wrath, my dryness, my choking dusts? Truly, your kind could not but help to fall prey to me, were it not for my gentle brother of the west."

"Your words are powerful, O wind," said the Man-King humbly, "but my people are crafty, and what youth and vigor may provide, so too may the cunning and guile of treacherous age thwart."

"A contest, then, you impious mortal, you whose future is dust and decay! Let us see who of us is best, who of us may remain in this new and uncertain world," roared the wind, and the very hall trembled with his sonorous blast. "I shall starve your livestock, your wheat fields, your towns. I shall snuff out the flames of your cooking fires, and those fires which burn your barns will be fanned. I shall destroy the lives of your people."

Yet the king of Man stood firm and proclaimed, "If the Anemoi see fit to challenge Man, let our contest begin henceforth. Never will our kind meet- never shall we Men draw breath from your gales; never shall we greet your coming with joy, but with sorrows and lamentation. You will be bearer of plague and death indeed, but it shall not bring you happiness. Instead of fear, you will only receive scorn. Yours will be hatred, not praise."

Thus once, long ago, a hatred began.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, not really.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Skippy!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!
Skippy from Prologue?
Gross, right?