Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: CrazyFerret's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I started playing World of Warcraft when I was twelve and the game first started. I didn't start roleplaying until half way through Burning Crusade. I continued to roleplay on all my characters through Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the United States, and I only know English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My cousin got Warcraft III when it just came out. I got it a few days later. I remember seeing an ad for World of Warcraft with the Frozen Throne expansion. I started following the game from there and started play almost as soon as it came out.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I haven't enjoyed playing World of Warcraft besides roleplaying, but I seemed to spend more time looking for others to roleplay with than actually doing so. I thought I would try private servers focused on roleplaying, if they existed. Turns out they do, and this looked like the best one.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm fine with all kinds of roleplaying. My very first roleplaying experience was tavern roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is Human. It may seem too normal, but Humans have a wide possibility for roleplay. Humans are all over Azeroth with many different factions, appearances, and backgrounds. My favorite class is the Mage. Mages have the power to do so many things. That power can be corrupting, though. I find that struggle with power and corruption makes Mages a fun class to play.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect there will be a greater focus on roleplay than the retail servers..

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rules on godmoding. I saw a lot of godmoding on retail servers since there isn't anyone to stop it. It usually turned a fun event into nothing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Nolan tied the red bandanna over his face. Of all the things he had done, this was the craziest. “What do you think yer gonna do, Nolan?” Ebel nervously squeaked, realizing Nolan wasn't joking this time. The toothpick of a boy looked as if he was about to tackle Nolan.

Nolan made sure his dagger was fastened to his belt as he barked back at Ebel. “Look. I ain't gonna wait around to starve. There ain't hardly any crops growing no more. The farms are dry an' folks are starvin'. I don't know 'bout you but I'm tired of living like this.” With that, Nolan grabbed his pistol and headed out of the shack and into the night. Ebel remained in the shack with only his own astonishment and hunger. Nolan was set on taking his fortune, and the boy hardly changed his mind once its decided.

Nolan knelt behind a tree near the road from Elwynn Forest to Sentient Hill. Few folks came to Westfall these days, but luck was in the boys favor. A wagon wobbled down the road. The driver looked like a simply merchant. When it came near, Nolan swung out of the tree with his gun drawn.

“Stop! Yer gonna hand over everythin' you got! Don't try an' run or nothin'!” Gun aimed at the driver, Nolan gave his orders. The driver raised his hands over his head as expected. Unexpected, though, was the group of armor clad men hopping out of the wagon with weapons at the ready. It was of trap. He didn't have time to run and he couldn't take on four guards. It seemed his career of banditry would end before it even began...

This was not the case, though. Nolan could only attribute his being saved to actual luck. From out of no where, a bomb rolled in between Nolan and the guards. There was a moment of hesitation before both sides dived away. The bomb went off with a deafening bang, leaving a cloud of smoke. Nolan dived into the ground behind him with his arms over his head, gladly eating dirt over explosion. Sounds of swords clashing and screams of pain rang from the smoke cloud. Nolan rolled over to face the battle. The smoke drifted away. The lifeless bodies of the merchant and the four guards were sprawled around the wagon. Men with red bandannas sat over the corpses ripping loot from the corpses. One, a gentleman that looked to be better equipped than the other bandits in their light leather, stood as if waiting for Nolan. When the boy did nothing, the man took a step forward.

“Rather nice entrance you had there. Would have worked if the wagon wasn't smuggling guards.” the man said with a devilish grin. Nolan got to his feet. He didn't go no where or say nothing. Just kept his distance. The man shook his head as he spoke. “Now you don't have to be afraid. How old are you boy? Fifteen? Old enough to handle yourself I bet.” Then he said the words that changed Nolan's unfortunate life. “How would you like to be a Defias?”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, CrazyFerret!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!