Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A challenger has appeared! (Lystaa's Intro)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi! My name is Sean, but my friends call me Kitty. I'm friendly and patient and like meeting new people. I'm a college student taking Computer Engineering Technology. I like computers, writing, video games, art annnnd... long walks on the beach? I think I ran out of interests. Oh, reading.
I also enjoy exposition and chattering on occasion.
I've been playing MMOs for about four years now. I split my time between WoW and SW:TOR. Been roleplaying for years, since I was 14ish with table-top RPGs. (That was... 9 years ago?)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada (Southern Ontario!) and English (British/Canadian English, not American English. There will be 'U's in words! They're supposed to be there!)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I actually fought against playing MMOs for a good few years. Then a friend convinced me to try a character, so I made a Draenei Warrior (because I liked how they looked) and puttered around... then I got hooked. Got my own game and account and have been playing ever since. I started about a year before Wrath came out.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend of mine mentioned a server she had found, and it sounded intriguing. I generally like paying a company for their work, but Blizzard isn't terribly inclusive to roleplayers (It's up to a server community to maintain its roleplay, there is no support from the company).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Allllll kinds of roleplay. I'm not picky and generally inclusive. If someone want to roleplay with lil' old me I'll be happy to roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Warriors! :D It's the first class I played and really got good at. The thought of being just a person with a sword and shield in a high magic game is both humbling and empowering. Priests are a close second, but that's more that I enjoy pressure roles.
I like Draenei. Mostly for aesthetics (swishy tail and zee clippity-cloppity hooves!), but I also enjoy their history. Plus, extra-dimensional aliens in fantasy worlds. Who doesn't like that? Well, aside from the purists, but... Eh.
There isn't a race/class I don't enjoy it WoW, but likely my first character will be a Draenei Warrior. :3

What are your expectations of this server?:
Meet neat roleplayers, find stories to get involved in, generally have fun. Roleplay, for the most part. Plus it sounds like the quality of roleplay may be considerably better than WoW's roleplay servers, so that's pretty appealing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and Tolerance, I'm pretty big on those! In fact, I pretty well live them.
Keyboard skills. I rather like roleplaying with people who can English well enough to be properly understood.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The pale afternoon sun spilled its warmth over the golden plains of Nagrand, the towering mountain-ship Oshu'Gun glimmering in the distance. A little house upon a hilltop stood proudly, its grey walls clashing with the browned grass though the gleaming power crystals within gave it somewhat of a shine.
A young Draenei girl was on her knees tending to what appears to be a small garden, surrounded by an array of colourful wildflowers and strange plants. One withered mangled plant was in the middle of the garden (A failed attempt to grow Mana Thistle. Nagrand was much too warm), though the girl payed it no mind. She was much to enthralled with digging a row of small holes. Lystaa's efforts in botany taught her that this was the perfect time to try to grow Ragveil, so that was her plan. She would use her tiny shovel to unearth the soil, plop a single seed into it and cover it with a meticulousness that may have baffled most gardeners. Lystaa knew though, the more time and care she put into each individual seed would create an even greater bounty.

As per usual when she gardened, Lystaa was covered in dirt. Her skirt was matted and stained, the glittery frills losing their allure. The tunic she wore was about three times too big on the young draenei, and served to hide clumps of soil as she shuffled along in her work. Her face was an expression of extreme concentration; If she were to screw anything up, she would have to start all over again.

"Lystaa," came a musical voice from within the house from an open window. The door opened to reveal a tall woman dressed in the fatigues that marked her as a Vindicator, the order of Paladins in service to the Naaru, living weapons of the Light. She wore an apron to conceal this however as she was making dinner, the smells of roasted talbuk wafting from inside. The woman made a face of disapproval at the sight of her dirty daughter and she looked as if she were to chastise the girl for ruining her clothes, but merely a moment after she broke into a warm smile. Lystaa looked up and blinked slowly, her face dusty and smudged.

"Lystaa, you left your books open on the table Did you not finish your studies?" the older woman spoke in warm, soft tones.
"But Mooooommmm," Lystaa complained, waving her tiny shovel in the air in her exasperation "If I don't plant the seeds now, it'll be too dark for them to grow!"
Her mother sighed, and Lystaa went back to what she was doing, perfectly planting the last little seed in the row. She reached for the can of water she had prepared earlier and drizzled water over the soil. The water would feed the little seeds and if she was lucky she'd see sprouts in less that a week. Then she could talk to them and tell them stories and teach them how to be good little plants until they were ready to harvest for their delicious spores come summertime.

"But my dear, you must finish your studies. In a few years, you will be off to train to be a Vindicator like your father and I. You need to know the Light," her mother lectured with her tell-tale smile. It was true that Lystaa was to be a Vindicator; They did offer to start training young, to produce better Paladins. Lystaa did want to please her parents by succeeding, but she couldn't wrap her head around 'The Light'. She didn't get it. She couldn't touch it like some of her other friends could, other Vindicator hopefuls. It was hard and made her brain all fuzzy. It wasn't anything like gardening and she liked gardening. The young Draenei frowned.

"Okay," she acquiesced, her nose twitching. She drizzled the water on some wildflowers she had transplanted earlier that day, then cooed and murmured at them affectionately. The patch of blue wildflowers didn't like the yellow wildflowers, but the yellow wildflowers were right next to the orange wildflowers and they were really happy there, so she moved the blue ones. She did want to make sure her blue wildflowers knew that she loved them all the same. Rising to her hooves, she brushed the dirt from her skirt and shirt, the tunic nearly swallowing the red garment. If the sleeves hadn't been rolled up, Lystaa would have looked very comical in her father's tunic.

"If I study, can daddy and me play Swords afterwards?" Lystaa said pleadingly, bounding into the house before her mother could even turn, her white hair and tendrils a flare of movement. She liked playing Swords, that part she was really good at!

"If your father isn't too tired. He was accompanying Velen to meet the orcs today,” Lystaa immediately became excited because if Daddy saw Velen that meant that she was going to get some sort of shiny trinket. Velen always gave her little gifts through Daddy.

Lystaa scurried into main room, followed by calls of “Remember to wash up first!” from her mother. She giggled and decided to run herself a little bath. Maybe someday she would make her parents proud and become a Vindicator someday.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope. I asked questions of Ozeswe and got clarifications on some policies.
I may also be totally paranoid about character death, but I'll be good if it happens. No hissy fits! (Well, not big ones. I'm mostly being facetious about this. :P)
Hello Lystaa, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story, Kitty! I can call you Kitty, right? If not, let me know. ...Kitty. In all seriousness, I think you'll do fine here. Which is why I'm approving you! Oh dear, I'm rambling!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.
I've done a whole bunch of reading over the past couple of days. I think I am set for the most part! Quick question though, where do I post my character profile(s)?

Yes, you may call me Kitty! =^.^=

Yaaaaay approval! So full of excitement!
You post your character profiles here. Enjoy!