Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Stormborn92's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
F[b]irst and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:[/b]
As a player, I am passionate about my characters and the stories being told. If anything, storytelling is a passion of mine and WoW and it's lore are amazing. My personality usually is reflected in the way I play my characters

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Canada and English is my primary language :)

How did you get into Warcraft?
I've been into Warcraft since the good old days of Warcraft 2 when I was 13 and I was lured into the world since. I played through Warcraft 3 and it's expansion and now at age 20, it's become an extension of who I am :)

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?
To be quite honest, I searched continuously for WoW rp private server and viola, I found you guys :)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?
The roleplays I tend to enjoy the most, are usually deep and realistic. I was never a fan of the old Mary Sues (as I am sure most of you aren't) and characters with flaws and ambitions that cloud their judgement or prevent them from taking action...real emotion put into it...that makes the story gripping and it pulls me into the story and I can immerse myself into my characters eyes and heart, feel what she's feeling and see what she's seeing, in other words, deep roleplay but realistic (well..as realistic as it can get in a fantasy setting so to speak xD)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?
Personally, I was always fond of playing a Night Elf druid, the wandering healer and sage, who despite her outside countenance of peace and tranquility, not only has a past, but things that can blind her to reason at times.
As well, I love roleplaying the blood elf mages. Their addiction to magic makes them fascinating characters to roleplay as each of their decisions is always minutely influenced by that "hunger" for more.
And I'd never say no to playing a human. I'm pretty flexible but the above two are my preferences :)

What are your expectations of this server?
I am hopping to find people who are as like-minded in creating a vast archive of stories and adventure. I love roleplaying with a passion :)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Two words: god-modding. I despise Mary Sues who think they can destroy something with a flick of their finger or a glare of their eyes. Come now people, you can't be perfect. There must be a chink in the armour :D

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is a little story I created when I first started roleplaying. This was my Night Elf Druid who I hope to introduce to everyone on the server :) (She's really nice! :D)

[u]Linari Shadowleaf: Forever Wandering[/u]

The tree leaves rustled as she raced through the forest of Ashenvale, the stars seeming to light a pathway, but to a destination unknown. Her breath was coming in ragged gasps, the blood leaking from her body like a river...A root snagged at her boot and she fell face-first, tasting the dirt. Linari coughed and pushed herself to her feet. She had to move...had to escape...they were behind her, their guttural voices and barking laughter booming behind her as loud as her own heartbeat...She pushed herself up and began to sprint, hoping that the forest would end, that she would reach a haven...This time no root snagged her, she slipped and fell, rolling down a rock face and landing just on the shore of a lake, her blue hair a mess and her clothes ripped. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, her head pounding like the drums of a wild hunt...they were closing in..."Come on Linari...get yourself up...he wouldn't want you to die here...", she muttered to herself in annoyance. She tried lifting herself, only to cry out in pain as a sickening pain originated from her ankle. It was caught between two rocks and how it got there, she did not know. The voices were growing louder, as was the pounding in her skull...She had to get away...she had to....
Hello Stormborn92, welcome to CotH.

It's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps read a few approved profiles.

Thanks for the story! Seems like you'll have a good time here.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.
(04-13-2012, 04:57 PM)Delta Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Stormborn92, welcome to CotH.

It's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps read a few approved profiles.

Thanks for the story! Seems like you'll have a good time here.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.

Thank you so much! I just have a few questions regarding connecting to your server if I may ask? :O
You can always ask if you have questions! Here is fine, though not many read through the new users subforum on a frequent basis. Technical Support may be your best bet.