Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Graduation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The end of the semester, and as a pre-graduate student, is approaching fast. On May 18, I will be graduating with a Bachelor's of Arts with my degree in Psychology.

In addition, I am being given more students after my first and second wave completed their assignments, but I do not anticipate staying in this specific job for long. The pay is crap--I spend, quite literally, half of my whole month's earnings on gas alone (I commute a total of 18 hours a week just to get to work and school), and I get my paycheck only once--ONCE--a month. I do not qualify for benefits and a raise due to my GPA and credentials (apparantly, you need to be 4.0 and higher in order to make enough money to pay your bills). I have come forth to negotiate, but it's not enough.

I'm job hunting right now, but I'm working on getting a second (or outright replacement) job closer to home. As summer is nearing, summer school courses are opening, as are tutor jobs. I intend to use this summer on working while I attend junior colleges (which the tuitions are FAR cheaper) so I can get a full teaching job.

As for getting my Master's? I'm taking a full year off in the university so I can work on earning enough money to move out, so I will not begin the Master's program until Fall 2013.

Things are looking up, but I have to set my priorities straight. I'm still here, still RPing, still event planning and hosting... but the frequency will drop. If I suddenly disappear for a while, now you know. I have to concetrate on passing these last classes and getting that second job so I can dump this stupid one (or at least have a second paycheck).

I have nothing but my greatest love for you, COTH. Along with my beloved CappnRob living in California with me, and finally getting a job after job-hunting for 4 years, you are the best thing to happen to me. You give me confidence to face life when I cannot find a hand to hold and something to look forward to at night when the rest of my world is berating me for not happily indulging the chaos that is destroying them.

Thank you all for your patience and the fun we've had. For now... let's play dat graduation music!

Wish me luck!

Love, hearts, and kisses, all <3
Congratulations, Immy. You've done a fantastic job as a person, as a player, as a GM, and more importantly, my friend. You've been there for me, even though we don't talk as much as I'd like to. You've been offering me support with the death of my father. You've been teaching me that I should expand my horizons, maybe even take a class on the other cultures around me. You've proved your mettle, and are a great person all around. I wasn't sure how you'd do as a GM, for example, but you've taken so much and put it on your plate, even with everything going on in the outside world. What's more, you are able to balance that entire plate full of projects.

Thank you for playing on CotH. CotH loves you.

Thank you for accepting the position of Game Master.

Thank you for being you.