Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Yau, Yau, wherefore art thou Yau?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Me as a player, hm? I like to stretch the rules of what is acceptable when it comes to character creation, trying to create whatever it is I have in mind for a character despite whatever rules might be in place; this isn't to say that I disregard rules, or want to dismantled them, only that I will argue for any character design that I want, and do my best to work through or around rules that get in my way. That being said, after my arguments if the leaders are still against the idea, I'll let it drop without further complaint and without developing a grudge. As for rules that are game-play (not character-creation) centered, I can be expected to follow them to the letter. When it comes to etiquette, I'm all for it, and while I admit I'm not always =polite=, I'm never malicious and I always take care to make sure I'm welcome wherever I am. As a side note, I've been RPing since I was 12, and am currently 21.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
English, and the U.S. of A., non respectively. I also speak/read spanish, though my ability to write/type it is a bit.... heh, bad.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My girlfriend. =/
Well. Recently, my girlfriend. I originally got into Warcraft because my cousin was a betatester for the original three games. I got into WoW originally because of a friend who was into it (and more importantly had The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind), but I dropped it a long while ago.
Then I got a girlfriend. =(

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
The community as far as RolePlay goes on Molten is kinda... bad? No offense intended. None the less, it sent me searching for other servers, which lead me here. I'll continue to play on Molten, mostly because ganking is fun. >=D

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
OMG, like, the ones where everyone gets together and has copious amounts of sex! XD lolololol ha ha ha ha ha ha no. Table-top (D&D <3) and forum-centric RPs are my normal fare, and this MMO stuff is new to me. I prefer action-driven RPs, and have trouble accepting RPs where everyone is just sitting around talking.... unless something exciting is happening in the conversation. =D (I like character development)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood Elves, because face it, they are sexy. I enjoy the glowing eyes, their history is intriguing, and I prefer their main city to the other races', as well as their starter zone. The Sunwell concept cool, and being forced to live off fel energies is... interesting, to say the least. My favourite class is the Warlock one, because it is different from the usual Mage or Wizard that I play. My second favourite race are the Forsaken, and my second favourite class is Mage.

What are your expectations of this server?:
It should be fun, everyone should be engaging, and I'd better be able to get away with cursing. Dagnabit. >=(

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "make sure you're invited to the RP" rule.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A story, eh?

"It was a dark and stormy knight..." ~Snoopy

This is an older work of mine, and at the time I was experimenting a bit with work choice and placement. It is the first part of a series, and I'm only giving you a teaser of the full story. If there is enough of a request from people on the forum, then I'll gladly post the full story.

Spoiler:
Dark night, over a dark city, within which was a dark building, within which was a dark room, within which there was a dark man, wearing a light-colored sweater. This man's face was covered in shadows and blood: his blood. A criss-cross of cuts stretched across his face, a merciless map of pain. The cuts were only skin deep, but they were so many in number that every nerve screamed murder.

Thin line stretched over a clean patch of skin on his forehead, and little driplets of blood started slipping out of it. The source of the cut was a jackknife, which was being held by a man across the room. Mak, the Knife.

Was half-way between being heavy-set and being a light-weight, but you couldn't say he was of average weight. Nothing was really average with this guy, but at the same time, he seemed so bland. A flat face that was pudgy and bony at the same time, eyes that were arguing constantly with each other about what color they should be and changing sides every minute, skin that was either pale and hard like marble or fleshy and fat. The only two things that were constant about this guy. His business clothes, as though he ran a legitimate business, had an actual job, and his knife. Not that the knives didn't change no, no no, it was the fact that he always had a knife on him. Always.

The fact that he didn't have a legitimate business, Mak's coarse business suit was well deserved, and like everything he wore, it was purposefully coarse, purposefully badly cut. His image was a well deserved one. If there was a mafia in Magister City, this was its God Father.

Were alone in the room; Mak didn't need bodyguards. His knife was deadly enough, even though he was across the room, to dice, to slice, to cut the man in the light-colored sweater to pieces. Which was what was slowly happening.

That would be screams came from the bloody gag over the man's mouth. Without any facial expression, Mak moved his knife, and the man's eyelids shut closed in pain; with a quick twist of his wrist, Mak cut one of the eyelids off. It fell to the floor, and the man had no choice but to look through the blood and the pain at his tormentor.

Tilted his face to look at the man's arms, and started there, cutting through the sweater and the shirt under-neath to nick the skin. The man started sobbing again, but the shaking of his body failed to dislodge him from the chair he was tied to. Unblinking, Mak cut a design into the man's arm, a design that only he knew, for the cuts were hidden behind the gushing blood.

His work complete for now, Mak got up, and without a word, put his jackknife away. The man, nonplussed, looked at Mak, who opened a door and left the room.

"Leave him alive," he muttered to the thugs outside the door, and as he passed them they turned and went into the room, one of them cracking his knuckles. "Barely," he added with a raised voice, walking down the ill-lit passageway as the door slammed shut.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I enjoy sarcasm and irony, will laugh at almost anything, am a critical and blunt critic of art (RP is an art of sorts, yes), attempt to always be objective, and always willing and eager to learn. Also, I cook.
Hello Yau, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Your girlfriend sounds like a big influence in your life! Did you know that "wherefore art thou" actually means, "why are you"? Juliet is lamenting that Romeo is a Montague and she a Capulet!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.
People whom you get seriously involved with do that do you. I was aware, yes, of what it means. I'm amused by the attempts to personalize each "you've been accepted, hooray!" post. XD

I look forward to godmodding with you Delta. =)