Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TheIronicHat's Take on an Intro (Introduction)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been roleplaying within the World of Warcraft universe for three years, now. I like to think that I have gotten better at the element of roleplaying, but there is always room for improvement. I enjoy playing offset characters those who are just "Run of the Mill" extras, but through that I enjoy developing a good back story to them detailing the reasoning behind the madness of their quirky attributes. IC and OOC I am a very friendly and helpful whenever I can be. I prefer roleplaying both an independent respectful chaotic good character and a humourous chaotic neutral one aswell.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I am from the United States, and I speak primarily English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: After observing a friend of mine play, I decided to indulge in the experience as well. I spent much of my downloading client time by reading the game manual that came with the retail, after chronicling the timeline and characteristics of the races and classes. I was instantly hooked as the descriptions gave infinite possibilities to be discovered within this massive multiplayer game, as it was my first mmo.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I grew tired of paying money every month to primarily roleplay and enjoy the backstory with the game world, I decided to switch it up and attempt at a free roleplay experience which after some time of goggling and downloading torrents of private servers, my finding of COTH.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, I very much enjoy dark serious rp as it allows me to develop my character furthering him from his own personal goals for some short term gain, or allowing him the enlightenment and mindset to further his goal sets. I am not afraid of perma-death, as long as it furthers the story for the community involved and it really involves the life status of my avatar.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Human/Paladin as I find the human storyline very extensive, within the Warcraft Universe. Even more the number of Paladins within it, how they stand for the righteous and innocent progressing only to protect their people, while at the same time it seems that they themselves are able to be led astray and cause the most pandemonium. (A reference to the works of Arthas Terenas and Turalyon)

What are your expectations of this server?:
A wonderful community full of rp and friends.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I enjoy the rule of Humility, as it is enjoyable for all those involved to watch another player's character develop within the roleplaying instance, be it big or small, but enough to give to roleplay a greater vibe of a well acted story in which all are a part.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: Ravenous growls erupted from the snow cloaked vale, suspending the stillness that was embraced before. The traveling regiment now stands fragmented. Alliance servicemen pose defensively in acknowledgement of the lupine threat, letting the sullenness of the vale sink in once more under the tenacity of the situation. Slowly snowflakes descended from the heavens gliding intrusively in the engagement of mortals and the unknown. The crushing of snow littered the scene as the men shuffled from their previous stances into the cover of their shieldsmen. Metals clang against the icy shells that enclosed the sons and fathers of the Human Kingdom. Protecting a fragile creature from the horrors and feral mysteries of this new world. Cold northern winds howled for sometime before the idleness of the march was concluded by a stalwart bark. "Back te ye ranks lads! Twas nothin but te wind!" The call grew louder as a stocky long bearded dwarf lavished in gold encrusted armor and a squarish helm to match thrust himself to the front of the fleshy fort. Swiping his arm up into the air, and motioning towards the front the army soon followed as directed, marching yet again in an air of uneasiness. To them it was just another march, another handful of minutes turning into hours, another night spent on shaky ground with the world around them. A night feeling the life around them edging them towards their own ends, almost as if the concealed vale lusted for the idea of it. In this world, life stresses your being, to the point that any glimpse of what you left can keep or break your sanity. Only built upon the temperament of the individual and their capacity for survival and strength.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello TheIronicHat, welcome to CotH.

It's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps see a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story! I think this is definitely one of the better ways to enjoy World of Warcraft, though that's only my opinion. Maybe I am biased.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.