Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Housing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soooo...... soooo..... ummmmm....

My understanding is that there used to be custom houses that would be made for people but then that practice was stopped because it was littering the area with stuff that people stopped using, or because people would just stay in those areas instead of going around places (which is a niche now filled by the OoC Cavern XD)....

....but today I was told that special housing is still alright, only not for guilds and not for a single person, as in a single person could not lay claim to a single place. Others would be able to RP there as they pleased, as long as they obeyed the other rules of respect and maturity.

These are conflicting points, and I'd like to have them addressed please. =)

As another question, if the latter is true, how does one go about asking for such a thing? =o
Alright!

GMs will not spawn items for guilds or a single person. You are allowed to RP in empty buildings and say it is your home, but you cannot prevent other people from RPing there if they are at the location before you. Because of how limited some buildings are, we encourage sharing the areas so that way everyone can RP. It would be unfair to those who joined the server later to miss out on a location simply because they joined late.

Basically, there are buildings in the world that you can RP at and say it's your characters house or guild base, but if someone else is there RPing before you, you cannot kick them out and say 'this is the place I use for my characters house'.

Example being, I use the mage tower as one of Reigen's homes and study area. I cannot claim the location as my own and if someone has logged in before me and is using the area, I cannot ask them to move because we cannot claim buildings. I would have to wait for their RP to be done before going and using the area as something else than what they were using it as.

Edit: INB4 HAWK.
In a nutshell...

Lets say you have a guild, and you choose a bar in Ironforge as your headquarters. One day you go to RP there, but there are others already in your place. You don't have the authority to tell them to move. You can use a place, but it's basically first come first serve. You're not allowed to tell people who are already in the area to move elsewhere.

Really, you don't need to ask for permission to use RP locations as long as they are:

A) Not in an instance/dungeon/raid
B) Not of any significant importance in lore
C) Not already occupied by the military (For example SI:7)

There might be a few others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

EDIT: Screw you Reigen.
Understood. =)

EDIT: LOL