Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Brooding / Chloe's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings! I'm Brooding, and my most commonly used character is Chloe Sparkrocket. I found this server on a good ol' google search, and after much perusing, I've decided I like what I see. Here's my introduction, and I hope I'm suited to the community here. Cheers!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I played since release, then stopped soon after TBC's release, and came back to play wrath a bit, stopping before cataclysm. The game was becoming too much to handle, aka: it was all I did. I played on and on RP servers, but never could get interested enough in the community on retail RP, as I'm sure many here can understand. I've played on a couple other private RP servers, but they seem to be dying out. I've got old school skill, so this game is pretty much child's play for me now - but that has nothing to do with how expansive and fulfilling the RP can be, given the proper environment.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Here in the U S of A, English is my first and handiest language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was a fan since humans vs orcs! I feel old...!

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found this server through google honestly, and so far, I'm glad I did. What drew me in far enough to actually apply - you actually have an application process, that's a good enough sign so far. Also, I'll get to go through the game again, even if it's at a faster pace. Nostalgia is always nice.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm open to all sorts of RP really, but only RP with depth and substance can keep my attention. I really enjoy those intense moments of character discovery, and all of those "aha!" moments that come along with a character's entrancing backstory. Basically, if your character has a lot of baggage from the past and it shows in their personality in realistic ways, you'll have me hooked. Luckily with Warcraft lore, realism can be pushed to the limits, especially when it comes to interesting character development.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Forgive me for being cliche, but I like to roleplay either human or troll, almost always rogue. The characters I'm most suited to playing always have a "rougeish" personality, I suppose - and I like it enough not to question the uncanny fit.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a lot of cooperation between players, fun events - I'm sure the entire community is entertaining, and I expect a lot of interesting and unique experiences.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect the GMs seem to have for the fun, well-being and best interests of the players. Kudos to you - not every dedicated RP server can offer such a thing right now. I also like the screening process a LOT, it's the reason I decided to try posting.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The entire shop was dark save for a single corner, a warm orange light flickering against the freshly sanded wood walls. Chloe's silhouette was plastered against the dancing flicker, and from afar it seemed she was hunched over, seemingly hovering over what looked like the still partially steaming remains of a shoddy robot. Just a few steps closer, and you could hear her muttering...

"Again, left you stranded, and I come and collect your hissing appendages - the agony, the torture...Oh..."

A few beeps and a sizzle followed by a sickening synthetic gurgling sound erupted from the dimly lit corner. Chloe's shadow arched up, spindly hands clasping the sides of her head as she howled lowly - still a quiet murmur to a hidden onlooker.

"Graahh...!"

The shadow slumped back down. Just a few steps closer still, and you can finally make out her figure - a man's work shirt partially buttoned, rolled up at the sleeves, the wrong buttons done, mind you, and half the collar popped. She seemed to be wearing jeans made for a gnome as well, they came down only to her gangly knees or just below. She was yet again huddled over the robot, twisting something unseeable from here, with a tool just as mysterious. Again, the muttering continued.

"...and tomorrow, when you're good as new, they won't bat a lash in my direction, I'll bet you ...six copper!"

Another fizzled robot gurgle and a popping sound emerged from the bot, and Chloe clicked her tongue, tucking some hair behind her ear as she sat back in her tiny chair. This was going to be a long night.

(Queue the song "my robot friend" from that one episode of south park?)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No sir, thank you very much. Cheers.
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! BROODING! BROODING! OMG BROODING GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT? YOUR INTRODUCTION'S BEEN APPROVED! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY *confetti*

. . . ahem. Hi! I'm Sol, one of the Forum Helpers here on CotH, and I'm just sticking my nose into your thread to give you a big ol' welcome to the server. Good to have you here!

Unique and interesting experiences are in no short supply here (and no, Kret and Grak aren't paying me to say that, honest!), so I think you'll fit in just fine. Honestly, I've bounced back and forth between the whole gamut of different servers in my RP career, and CotH's the one I've consistently came back to because of the quality of RP here. I think applying was a good choice, and I urge you to get in-game quick and see if I'm not just talking kodocrap. :P

I recommend you have another look at our rules if you're wondering about anything. A glance at our policies and FAQs should also help answer any concerns of yours. Also, why not take a gander at our wiki page generally to get an idea of the sort of characters you might meet in-game? :D

Please, if you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else with a purple name (or a green one, or a blue one, or a red one!). Welcome again to the server. Happy travels and good hunting!
Thank you! So far, everyone's been fantastic.