Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Charlie's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I don't really like talking about myself. I've always felt my ideas are more interesting than me. I've roleplayed online since I was about thirteen learning the basic rules and courtesies through trial and error. I went to private Christian school surrounded by very conservative people so there was never a chance for me to play any tabletops so online was all I had to experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the United States in the state of Texas. My primary language in American English, but I am trying- pathetically- to learn French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Don't laugh. I used to play Runescape. It was free. I never had the income or parental support to play games like WoW when I was in high school, so I never played it until about three years ago. So, when I had rune through all the free stuff of Runescape, I decided to take the plunge into WoW. I may have not stayed long if I hadn't discovered the roleplay community there. It kept me playing and learning about the lore. And here I am still.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was just looking to try a private RP server dedicated to roleplay. There are more robust servers with more to offer game wise, but that just doesn't interest me. This seems to be the only true RP server still up and running.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Everything! Is that a lame answer? I do like tavern talk. It's much more calm, relaxed and dependent upon a player's social skill. It gives a very good idea of how characters interact and is just laid back fun. But, you gotta get outta there sometimes! Adventure roleplay is always the best because it's so rare and it's so rare because it's just plain difficult to coordinate between story, player schedules, and character interactions. When it works, though, it is some the most memorable stuff.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I always enjoy playing classes that utilize utility and individualism so I typically prefer rangers(hunters) and rogues. For me, the roleplay element of the class is most important and I feel the rogue and hunter's independence of society more interesting than a zealot paladin (though I know not all paladins are zealots). I typically go with human for race just because I feel more comfortable with their lore and personalities. Draenei are my second favorite for their mix of sci-fi and fantasy.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to experience full immersion on this server. I'd like to see people having random rp in places other than Stormwind and characters who walk like real people do. Can you imagine NYC if everyone was just running around all the time? Well, I guess they do run around...

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The roleplaying rules are fantastic. 'Keyboard rules', 'Knowing when to quit', and 'Humility' approach topics of RP that a lot of people don't seem to think about or just forget about sometimes. It lets me know that this is going to be a good, strong roleplay community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
He gripped the wavering edge of the roof and pulled himself up with burning muscles. With a twist of his torso and a kick of his leg he was up on the roof lying on his back. Air rushed into his lungs and quickly retreated as hot breaths. He looked at the next door roof. Nobody.

Jeric loved this.

Jeric hated this.

A man could only jump so many roofs before wearing out. He must have jumped across the entire skyline. But he was free. He was clear. One more check to the flat roofs surrounding him like islands floating in air.

Quietly, carefully he lowered himself over the edge, swung, and jumped into one of the houses windows. Sneaking through the house he could tell there was a lot of profit in here for him if things were business as usual. No, he needed to get out. Leave. Run. Find a shadow and hide. Those things were for another day.

He stopped just short of an open window and admired a small bronze statue sitting on a table nearby. It was a woman whose dress was so blown by the wind it looked like a sheet caught on her nude form. She was looking toward the direction of the wind, more concerned about from where it had come from than where it was going. He softly touched his lips to her head and said, "I'll come for you." He went out through the window and into a shadow.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not that I can think of at the moment. Thank you for considering me and taking the time to read my introduction.
Hi, Charlie. Just dropping in to let you know that your introduction's been approved. Welcome to the server. :D You've made a good decision applying and I hope you have a great time once you get in game.

Honestly, 'everything' definitely isn't a lame answer - personally, I wonder how some people could prefer one specific type of roleplay over all others, because I've always thought I needed a good mix of different styles to make sure I'm getting the best out of my characters (and those of others). But then maybe I'm lame too. :P You'll also be pleased to know that RP tends to be scattered all over the place here, no matter your race or faction. Back on retail, I hardly got out of Stormwind, but here? I hardly ever go into it! It's great.

I'd suggest you take another look at our rules and maybe even our wiki generally. There's some very useful stuff on it, such as our policies and some frequently asked questions. It's also where every character that's currently approved is posted - should be great to look at if you're short of ideas for a profile.

If you have any other concerns, just get in touch with me or anyone else on the staff via PM or in-game whisper and we'll address them as quick as we can. In the meantime, welcome aboard!
Thank you for approving me! I can't wait to get started and out of Stormwind. I am having a problem not being able to post a profile or anywhere else except for a reply here (even the new users forum that's supposed to be for people without an approved introduction). I'd like to get a profile up and get involved. Let me know if I'm missing something, please. Thank you, again.
Huh? Are you still unable to post? You should be able to post in every place now, that you're an approved Peon. Also, congratulations!
Thanks! But, no, I can't. If I go to 'Initial Approval' thread to post a profile and click on 'New Thread' I get this screen:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'charlespdk'

Am I not doing something right?
Yes. You don't post in the "initial approval" place, you post in the main profile forum. Mods will move your stuff after it is initially or fully accepted.
If you have trouble finding what I'm mentioning, just click this link: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/newthread.php?fid=87
Thank you! I was going crazy and figured it had to be something stupid I was doing.
You're quite welcome =)
I hope to RP with you soon!