Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Esthiru's Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I've been playing roleplay games for... around 6-7 years. I enjoy more the actual "role" part of roleplaying, and the games I've had more fun have been those based on the players' interpretation of their characters with little to no presence of actual dice rolls, but I've enjoyed also the few D&D I've played.
I've also roleplayed in official WoW since BC and in a spanish RP private server, but the lack of activity threw me off.
I speak english quite well (or at least that's what I like to think), but it's not perfect and I lack vocabulary in certain lexic fields. On the other hand, I think that problem would pretty much be solved by roleplaying characters that aren't native common languaje speakers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Spain and Spanish. Not much more to say about this.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was a kid, I spent hours and hours playing WC2. SC hooked me up into the world of videogaming, and it was in that game where I had my first roleplaying experience.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google. They promise to help you find what you want, and I hope I will find in this server an active roleplaying community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Actually, what I really enjoy are stories and tales, and crafting them with my character. I enjoy going to the adventure with a few guys and then telling the tales of my adventures or listen to other people's tales in a tavern.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I haven't got a favourite, but... In race probably High, Blood and Night Elves, Dwarves, Orks and Draenei in that order.
And in class, I have a preference for Rogues, Paladins, Warriors and Warlocks, in that order. I like Priests too, but usually for a strictly social roleplay.

What are your expectations of this server?:
As I said, I hope to find an active roleplaying community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule listed under "Humilty" (through it's not exactly a rule, but well...). I like to develop my characters by interacting with other roleplayers. I usually enjoy the position of sidekick to other players, but I like to shine from time to time, and I hate to be actually forced into that secondary position.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well, I don't want to make a character yet, I'd like to roam the forums some more before I decide what I want kind of character I want to be...
I'd write you the amazing story of Bagder Ironroad, the mighty dwarf warrior, born during the war of the three hammers, with Willdhammer blood but raised by a family of Bronzebeards, and his adventures with the 3rd company of Ironforge's Brawlers, and how he fought battle after battle and still managed to survive and grow old to tell his tales in Ironforge's taverns.
Or maybe the sad tale of Thaddeus Herim, a lost soul, a spy and killer in search of redemption.
Or maybe you'd like to read something softer but still darker, maybe the tale of Athera Windsong, a warlock in a quest to find his lover, killed during Arthas' expedition to Northrend, in order to free him from the burden of undeath and give him eternal rest; and how the fallen prince made her see the light and blessed her with an eternal life in death by the side of her most beloved one, even if she were to never again have freedom of will.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to know which faction is more active, but I'll probably end up with characters in both factions, so it isn't that important to know.
Besides that, my favourite food is spanish omelette, I like muffins and I can cook the best combination fried rice you've ever tasted if I have the adequate ingredients. I love half of the chinese food, while I hate the other half.
Hey there, Esthiru. You'll be pleased to know that your introduction has been approved. I'm Sol, one of the forum helpers here, and I'm glad to be welcoming you to CotH on behalf of the staff and the community here. Good to have you!

Ah, Google, that wisest of websites. Honestly I think more than half the server got here originally via a Google search. :P Don't worry about not being a native English speaker, because while Anglophones (Americans, Canadians, Brits and Aussies) are certainly in the majority on this server, there's a heap of different people with plenty different first languages. The standard of English-speaking here is nonetheless generally extremely high. Don't be intimidated, though, because your skills'll probably improve through exposure - hell, mine have and I'm English!

You've already had a look at our rules (and honestly, I like playing sidekicks too, so it's not that unusual!), but I suggest you doublecheck it if you're uncertain. Our policies and frequently asked questions should also help you clear up any concerns.

Drop me a line in-game or on the forums if you've got any other questions and I'll be happy to help you. In the meantime, get out there and RP! Good hunting!