Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I consider my self a fair RPer, and i have had several characters that have been praised. I keep OOC and IC sepperate as best i can. I'm mostly on the computer when not in school, though i find this alot more enjoyeble thn going into town, smoking and drinking at parties. I also enjoy being left alone, and having contact with people over the net suits me fine.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Norway/Faroe Islands, Faroese and Norwegian, my english skills may be a bit poorer than that of a native brit, but they should be sufficant.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Back in 2006 or 2005 my brother showed me the game for the first time ever, i played long and hard, and after a while i got to experience private servers for a while, but i dissmissed them, not really being intrested in them. In 2008 i think a friend of mine showed me Epilouge, the famous now dead RP server. I had some fun times there, but did not really bother when it went down. When i heard about Prologue i jumped straight at it, and have been on every single phase, A, B, C, Old hatreds, Cold hatreds, Sandbox 1 and 2, and allmost all Myth Sparks and Sessions. It was in one of these sessions that i meet a member from over here, who talked me over into checking out your server. I did and while i did find it lacking in some areas, i thought it would not matter if i just made an account, in case he wants me to log on and have some fun, or if i just want to try sme thing else.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I mentioned that above.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Slave RP, Guard RP, Syndicate RP, Dwarf and crazy person RP, i am rather diverse in this area, though Slave and Syndicate have my foundest memories.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Humman Warrior, Humans since...Well i just like humans, though i have rolled Orcs, Belvesand Dwarves, and Warriors since they are rather neutral, yet varied.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to have a few fun evenings here, nothing more.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I am thrilled by the toleration rule, the language rule, and the maturity one. All in all it is a fine rule set, which makes it clear what is and is not okay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I think i can share an old character application with you.

Character Name: Hanah Landry (later changed to Hammerkeg).

Character Origin & Gender: Alterac, female.

Character Story: Born in the snowy hills of Alterac, about 32 years before the horrific plane crash in the the Storm Peaks. Her parents were Alteracian traders, who cared for her in her early years, which she spent playing, growing and experiencing the beuty of the Alteracian mountains. Her parents, owning a cheese and wine shop in the Altreacian capital, could easily afford to keep her fed, dressed and warm, and had the time to take care of her. She was happy in these early years, not noticing the growing darkness that marched north from the south, the nervous commoners who's eyes shofted and twisted, and the war horns and battle cries that came ever closer to her home in Alterac. It was not, how ever, the invading hordes of Orcs, Ogres and Forest Trolls that would end her days of living in Alterac, but rather allience footmen, archers and knights who attacked Alterac after it's betrayal. With both her parents dead, them both being killed in the assult, she was placed in an orphenage in Loardearon, where she spent two years, living under strict rules and sharing a room with about twenty other children, mostly local orphans.

At the age of six her orphanage was visited by a dwarven couple, wishing to bring home a girl, feeling it was a responsebility to help the orphans of the war that had just passed. They inspected the children, and chose Hanah, as Dun Morogh resembled Alterac's cold and harsh climate. In Dun Morogh, she grew up in the town of Kharanos, where she had a dwarven sister and a dwarven brother, Freya and Brolan, and where she went to dwarven school. Allthough she had some truble fitting in at first, and learning to understand dwarven, she quickly learned to love her new family, and gained some friends here and there. She spent the next 14 years studying in the dwarven schools, until her education was complete, and she then got a job in the local tavern as a waitress. She worked as well as she could, but she felt the work was not fufilling enough, and the pay to low. She spoke with her dad, who was a leatherworker, and he advised her to go out into to world if she felt that, and told her to seek out the Explorers League in Ironforge.

She packed her belongings, said goodbye to her mother, father, brother, and sister, and traveled to the mighty city of Ironforge. At the age of 24 she joined the Explorers league, thanks to a letter with some good words her dad had given her before she left, and she spent additionaly eight years studying dwarven history, survival skills in varius enviroments, and learning archeology. She studied to become an assistant, knowing it was unlikely for her to ever gain a high position within this organization, and put some weight on writing and reading. After eight years of study was she, and her class of greenies ready for field work, and she was assinged some work up north in Northrend, where the allience force were fighting an on going war. Before her departure, she was given gifts from her family. Her fathers favourite skinning knife, homebaked cookies from her mother, a warm robe her sister had made for her, and fint and tinder from her brother, who was worried she might get lost out there in the cold wastes. (Any thing from here on out is assumption, and will be changed if events occur differently) She tried to calm his fears, and said good bye to her family before leaving with the tram to Stormwind, where they took a boat to Northrend. On the boat though she was harrased by several sailors, and ended up locking her self inside her quarters, and remained there the enitre trip.

Once in Northrend, Vallience Keep to be specific, she got away from the perverted sailors, and the group traveled to Fizzcranck Airstrip, where they boarded a plane and took off, a few hour later she wakes up, face down in the snow, freezing, she gets opp to see what happend. Any thing could happen now.

Skills: Dwarven education (Can read and write in runes, speak dwarven, basic math and studies in dwarven history), used to harsh and cold enviroments, has minor survival skills (starting fire, cooking, knowing importance of keeping to gether)

Flaws: As alcoholic as the steriotypical dwarf, uncertain about her race and sexuality (no lesbian stuff), may get lost in her own thoughts.

Personality: Eager to learn, lacks self confidence to a minor extent, optimistic, happy.

Luggage:

Item 1: A warm robe with a hood.
Item 2: A knife (that was intended as a tool).
Item 3: Flint and tinder.
Item 4: A bag of homebaked chocolate cookies.
Item 5: A small water bag with strong ale in it.

Has a story and a character in it, i think this way i save time and prove i can make a character.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I do infact still play Prologue, and intend to continue to do so, while popping in here when i feel like it.
Gryan, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Sorry for taking a couple of days, I'm sure Prologue has kept you happy! I also see you're Scandinavian, if you haven't seen it I would suggest you read this webcomic that is called Scandinavia and the World which is a pretty hilarious series of comics about your side of the world (including Faeroe Island itself in a few places).

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!