Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Garmund's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Started about a year after release, played steadily through to the release of Sunwell. After that I played on and off through the next two expansions, finally quitting after killing Nefarian in Cata. Never actually Roleplayed on retail, but my girlfriend got me into it through Prologue and I've been craving more ever since.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised in the USA. English is my first language and the only one that I'm fluent in. Despite taking spanish classes all throughout middle and high school, I know more japanese from watching too much anime.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine showed me his gnome mage while I was over his house one afternoon. I had never even heard of Warcraft before that, nor had I seen any sort of MMO gameplay before. It only took me about a day before I caved in and subscribed.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As with Prologue, I was introduced to Conquest through my girlfriend. I was hesitant at first, but upon learning of some features unique to the server I decided to apply. The application process to deter Mary Sues, griefers, and trolls alike sparked my interest and the item database for acquiring RP gear really drove it home for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm still fairly new to roleplaying with about a year of experience so I really enjoy any sort of RP, especially if I can make somebody laugh. My favorite so far are those moments in the tavern right after a long journey or brawl, having one too many, and boasting some exaggerated tale on anyone who'll listen to my drunken babble.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Paladin.... I JEST. My favorite race/class combo would be the first I ever played, a Dwarf Hunter. Part of it's the drunken demeanor, the rest is the accent. For some unknown reason, a vertically challenged scotsman fills my heart with laughter and joy.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good people, fun and engrossing events, and plenty of taverns for me to pass out in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance. That is so important in my book that it's listed as numbers 1 & 2. If you can't be civil and courteous to a fellow human, then you might as well go hang out with the wildlife.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The tavern was somewhat empty. A few robed patrons dotted the scene, drinking quietly by themselves, staring blankly into their respective flaggons. Although the headcount was low, the air was thick with an air of rejection. Another robed man entered, breaking the depressing silence with a loud...

"Hah! And here they are, the rejects! Take a gander at these sad and pathetic faces boys, we won't be seeing them at the academy... EVER!" Loud as he was rich, the leader of this triad of pompous mages strutted his way towards the bar, with lackeys on either side. A grin, ear to ear, grew on his face at the sight of a scrawny man sitting at the far end of the bar. "Oh-ho-ho! If it wasn't the King-of-Rejection himself!" He placed a hand on the scrawny man's shoulder, forcefully turning him to get a look at his ashamed face.

"Wh-what do you want from me...?" The scrawny man meekly responded, eyes glued to the floor.

"I just came to congradulate you is all! You're the first in the history of the academy to fail the entrance exam THREE TIMES!" He and his lackeys followed up the low-blow with a round a laughter which resonated throughout the otherwise quiet tavern. The scrawny man sat in silence, not turning away but also not looking up at his verbal assailants. He had felt the sting of their words for the past three years, but developed no resilience to their insults. "Pathetic! You can't even conjure BREAD properly, let alone fight back! What makes you think the academy would ever accept you?" The still-grinning man looked back at his lackeys, shooting a 'watch this' glance at the both of them. "Heh. How about this? If you can conjure me just ONE proper slice of bread, I'll put in a good word for you to the committee. Easy enough, right?" He said with a false smile of sincerity.

The scrawny man was untalented, not stupid. He knew it was a trick, but prepared himself anyway. While chugging the rest of his mead, he prepared himself mentally. He was finally going to do it. Without a word, he focused his mind and magic into the creation of a single slice of bread. He then handed it to bully, whose expression was now one of disbelief.

"Well look at that, boys! He actually did it!" He said with a surprised chuckle, snatching up the bread. "Too bad I lied! You really thought I'd put in a good word for you!? Hah! Like I'd ever waste my good word on such a bad mage!" Laughing, he took a bite of the conjured bread. *CRUNCH* The sound of teeth shattering ended the laughter and brought back the silence. The bully looked down at the bread in shock, seeing a faint glimmer of ice beneath the thick coat of blood covering the conjured bread.

Staring up at the bully, the scrawny man grinned. He finally did it. He fought back.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, that about covers it all. Thanks!
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

We've got quite a number of Dwarf players running about I'm sure that would be glad to have you aboard! And I've got a few friends here from Prologue..

Also...
日本語がわかります?